Ceramic DM autumn '03(final judegment: new ceramic dm champ!)

barsoomcore

Unattainable Ideal
Those were two awesome stories, guys.

Macbeth -- I love this character and his ridiculous scrapes. The dismantling of spy story tropes is irresistible, and the constant mythological references just add to the fun of it all.

Mythago -- I was wrapped up in this tale. When the altar got set up my brain started doing backflips. It was one of the great moments where your whole image of the story twists inside and suddenly you're wondering what the heck is going on. And then you pulled off that most difficult of feats, a killer ending to a ceramic story.

Well done, both of you. I don't envy the judges in this contest...

Berandor

lunatic
O.K., if this post is a little messy, it's because my brain exploded after seeing the pictures :)

I mean, without thinking whether I could weave a story around them (everything can be waved into story, just don't expect the story to be good :)) - where do you get these pics???

I mean, do you go to google, and type "man in car seat" or "jumping soldier" into the search line?

Berandor

alsih2o

First Post
Berandor said:
O.K., if this post is a little messy, it's because my brain exploded after seeing the pictures :)

I mean, without thinking whether I could weave a story around them (everything can be waved into story, just don't expect the story to be good :)) - where do you get these pics???

I mean, do you go to google, and type "man in car seat" or "jumping soldier" into the search line?

Berandor

i google lots of funky words, and word combos, i use the week in pictures on msnbc a lot, renfair pages, mythology pages, pages i wouldn't want my mom to see.

coming up with pictures is easy, weeding it down to the ones you want to use is what is hard.

take an example, look at the "jump" pic in p-kitty vs sparky above. i chose it over the one below, both were really cool images, but one spoke more to me.

also, check out photojpurnalists webpages, they rock!

Attachments

• jumper.JPG
    jumper.JPG
    72 KB · Views: 301

alsih2o

First Post
or this one. great pic, but the story is sorta already told. i struggle with that.

i try to include a who, what and where in every grouping. of course one pic can have all of those and frequently the writers surprise me with what they choose to use form the pic. those surprises frequently get my vote.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases