Ceramic DM autumn '03(final judegment: new ceramic dm champ!)

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
"Honey? The bad news is, I got your niece eaten by a hawk. The good news is, you won't have to deal with a mother-in-law.

"Honey?"

Mythago, your story is fantastic. I'm humbled.

Bandeeto

First Post
[sialia]

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEeeeeeeee!!!!

I'm a happy happy person, a happy happy person I'm a happy person

'cause I don't have to judge!!

(boy, howdy, am I glad I don't have to judge these.)

But Piratecat, I admit, when I saw the bug corset photo, I was really hoping for some Boston Beacons action.

But your actual version is so good, I think I'll contain my disappointment.

Congrats to both of you on a gorgeous final round! [/sialia]

Last edited:

mythago

Hero
"Dammit, I lose more nieces that way..."

I have some happy things to say about your story but I'm a gonna wait for the judges first.

alsih2o

First Post
this may be the best ceramic dm ever.....

i have to go to the doc, then build a bunch of fence for the horse who arrives this afternoon. we will probably have a judgement up this evening.

wow....

Sparky

Holy smokes. Very glad not to be a judge.

mythago and Sialia... I just couldn't resist Piratecat's bait...er, challenge. I tried to marry the two stories together, but couldn't do both and in the end the Planter's escapee was just too attractive.

Can't wait to see the outcome.

mythago

Hero
Sparky said:
Which? The first to-be-continued one?

That one. I mean, we've got all this time to kill while the judges are hard at work.

It beats waiting to see what happens next with alsih2o's gnome...

p.s.: Yes, Piratecat, you were the inspiration for the .sig change. (They don't call them .sigs anymore, though, do they...)

Last edited:

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Sure they do! Or at least I do.

Your .sig is great. It reminds me of a good friend of Sialia's and mine - a guy who when he talks to you, makes you feel like you're the most interesting thing he's ever run into. Ask her about him some time.

You know what I think? I think the 4 second-round competitors should provide a photo each, and when the judging is done we should make all three judges provide us with a story, too. :D

Sparky, may I please offer another vote for you to continue your previous story? It needs finishing, and I want to know what happens!

Last edited:

mythago

Hero
Piratecat said:
Your .sig is great. It reminds me of a good friend of Sialia's and mine - a guy who when he talks to you, makes you feel like you're the most interesting thing he's ever run into. Ask her about him some time.
Sure, if I can get her to stop gibbering and clawing out her own eyes for a minute...

I'm all over that make-the-judges-sweat idea.

Sialia

First Post
Piratecat said:
Sparky, may I please offer another vote for you to continue your previous story? It needs finishing, and I want to know what happens!
I'd sure be in favor of seeing what Sparky would have done with the final round photos . . . Although I'd settle for seeing the rest of her novella without it being photo driven.

I was pretty sure I was reading one of those teaser chapters for a much longer work when I read her round 1 submission . . . and if I'd gotten that far, I'd have surely walked out of the bookstore with the rest of the novel in hand.

Which brings up an interesting point: I'd like to see Piratecat and Mytahgo each give the stories one more polish and then submit 'em off for a publication somewhere and see what happens. (They'd only need the polish 'cause the publisher wouldn't be grading on "use of required elements") If you didn't have to use these illustrations, would the story still stand?

I think they're both prety fine.

Maybe one of our goodies for the next annual fund raiser would be a pdf version of all the top Ceramic GM stories.

Just a thought.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases