Ceramic DM autumn '03(final judegment: new ceramic dm champ!)

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Gregor, I'm of the opinion that taking risks with your story was one of the things that made it as exceptional as it was. My hat's off to you, man; really nice work.

As for summarizing the assault on the Japanese bioterrorism lab, it was a risk. I decided that if I couldn't cover all the action they way I wanted to, I wouldn't cover any of it. Nevertheless, if I were rewriting it for publication I'd definitely want to flesh out that last section. It came out as more abrupt than I had intended.

One final thought: this contest is like aerobic exercise for the mind. It makes me think in unusual ways in order to link the photos, and I value that immensely.

I'm checked in. Sparky, let's rumble! :D

mythago

Hero
Congrats to all you guys! I'm glad I don't have to be a judge; that would be the hard part.

So can I please change my loginid to "Macduff" for this round :D

alsih2o

First Post
Gregor said:
On a personal note to Alsih2o: I knew the rape scene was a little strange and frankly I was not to sure of it myself. I wanted to do something dark and depressing and when it started to depress me, I knew it had to stay. I took a chance with a controversial topic and unfortunately it wasn't your cup of tea. Either way, I look forward to the next and my third Ceramic DM contest!

this had nothign to do with my vote away from you. writing is an art, and therefore can have multiple intents. i was uncomfortable with it, but i am uncomfortable with francis bacon too, and cannot quit looking at it. it worked, and made a powerful story, and that is so much more important than flowers and puppies :)

Sparky

Hi all. I'm dropping in to say congrats to everyone! And thanks to the judges. I'm going to be packing and moving through the weekend. Judges and PC, if it is okay with all of you, could we start the Sparky/PC rumble on Monday or Tuesday?

If that is okay, consider me checked in. If not, please let me know so that we can keep Ceramic DM Autumn 03 (three three three) moving.

Good luck to all, looking forward to crossing words with you, Piratecat.

alsih2o

First Post
2nd round, meaner, louder, more likely to stain!

macbeth vs. mythago

72 hours from this posting my pretties...

Attachments

• ladyinred.JPG
    ladyinred.JPG
    33.5 KB · Views: 169
  • rope.JPG
    rope.JPG
    80.6 KB · Views: 163
  • shmack.JPG
    shmack.JPG
    61.6 KB · Views: 150
  • meansisters.JPG
    meansisters.JPG
    64.2 KB · Views: 154
  • sojohnwu.JPG
    sojohnwu.JPG
    67.1 KB · Views: 148

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
alsih2o said:
well, p-kitty is definetely a whiner, but we might get him to hold off till monday for ya'

Clay, you need a spellchecker; you spelled "winner" wrong! :D

Monday's okay. It kills me to wait, though!

alsih2o

First Post
Piratecat said:
Clay, you need a spellchecker; you spelled "winner" wrong! :D

Monday's okay. It kills me to wait, though!

i am still waiting on "math checker" and "core life philisophy checker" but i suppose i could try spellchecker til they are done :(

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases