D&D 4E 4E Races Fluff?+ Add 3 Races

Zardnaar

Legend
Couple of questions here for my new game.

Where is the fluff for the 4E Dragonborn and Tieflings found? I vaguely remember Bael Turoth and Arkhosia and still have my early DDI articles. I want to add all of the PHB races into the game with back ground fluff people can use. I can lift those ideas and plug in just to make things quick and easy.

I am looking at adding 3 races for players to pick from. Technically I'll be allowing more or less anything but these 3 races will standout in a major way and will be pusjhed as such. This means they will have their own nations and areas of influence/roles to play in the world.

I am thinking of the following as I am looking at a game set in a fantasy not Egypt and surrounding lands.

Aasimar.
The counterpart to the Tieflings and they will be the bloodline of Nithia (Not Egypt).

Minotaurs.

They will be based out of fantasy Crete

Yuant Ti Halfblood.
Serpent men a'la Conan.

Basically the PHB races need to fit into a fantasy eastern Mediterranean. The Nithians and Milenians (Egypt and Greeks) will be the human races, the other surrounding lands will be wilderness or non human.

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)
4e’s fluff is largely implied rather than directly stated. They took the From Software approach to lore rather than the BioWare approach. But the gist is, Bael Turath was a powerful human empire. They came into conflict with the Dragonborn empire of Arkhosia, and turned to Devil worship and infernal pacts for the power they needed to turn the tide of the war. As a result of their pacts, the bloodlines of Bael Turath’s Royal families were cursed to resemble the Devils they swore their souls to. So, strictly speaking, 4e Tieflings are humans whose bloodlines can be traced back to the royal families of Bael Turath. Eventually, the war between Bael Turath and Arkhosia ended up destroying both empires, but the modern descendants of Turath still bear the mark of their ancestors’ sins.

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Presumably you've seen WotC's Plane Shift: Amonkhet article that goes into 5E detail on their Not Egypt Magic: The Gathering setting, yes? That setting article has a bunch of info and mechanics for Not Egyptian races for humans, avian humanoids, jackal humanoids, minotaurs, and snake humanoids. If you want some additional inspiration for a fantasy Not Egypt area, it might not be a bad article to crib from.

MonkeezOnFire

Adventurer
What you are probably looking for is Player's Handbook Races: Tieflings and Player's Handbook Races: Dragonborn. They each expanded on the lore of the races. They are both on Drive Thru RPG.

Remove ads