5E How to Play Dungeons and Dragons (5th Edition)

How to Play Dungeons and Dragons (5th Edition)

Hey, guys. I have humbly published a guide to help ease prospective players into Dungeons and Dragons. I hope you all enjoy and I wish each of you a pleasant day.
    https://www.gametruth.com/guides/how...s-5th-edition/

The Grand Druid (Lvl 20)

Im not sure this the easy approach

I thought you were going to start with how easy the core system of the game is to master. I.e. the fundamental conversation that drives the game. Then you introduce the d20, then abilities then characters. But starting with all the stuff players need to buy and read and learn youre simply showing that, yes, D&D is bloody complicated!
    Laugh S'mon, Shiroiken laughed with this post

Magsman (Lvl 14)

I thought it was a great intro with just some bits of each subject and personal thoughts on experience. Best part was the link on Reddit to find local players.

Quote Originally Posted by aco175 View Post
    I thought it was a great intro with just some bits of each subject and personal thoughts on experience. Best part was the link on Reddit to find local players.
    Hey, aco. Thank you so much for your support and your feedback. Have a great one!

Quote Originally Posted by robus View Post
    Im not sure this the easy approach

I thought you were going to start with how easy the core system of the game is to master. I.e. the fundamental conversation that drives the game. Then you introduce the d20, then abilities then characters. But starting with all the stuff players need to buy and read and learn youre simply showing that, yes, D&D is bloody complicated!
    Hey, robus. Thank you for your support and your feedback. I see your point. I wanted to try and proverbially teach the reader how to fish rather than simply fish for them, if that makes any sense. I just don't see many guides out there that properly equip the reader with every resource and piece of advice that a new player really needs, so I was attempting to alleviate that. Turns out, that is pretty hard to do, lol. Anywho, thank you again for your comment and have a good one!
    XP robus gave XP for this post

The Grand Druid (Lvl 20)

Oh and theres no such thing as a skill check in 5e. Its always an ability check and sometimes you can your proficiency bonus if you have an applicable skill.