(Tavern) City of Orussus, The Red Dragon Inn III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Creamsteak

Explorer
Important Links
Trading-Post

The Red Dragon Inn
The Red Dragon Inn is home to a motley sort of people. Located near an incredibly life-like statue of a Great Red Wyrm, rumored to in fact be a petrified dragon. Surrounded by a complex of two taverns and a huge inn with hundreds of rooms of flexible cost, the Red Dragon only irks a small amount of it's costs from the ale and bedding. In fact, most of the profits accumulated at the Red Dragon come from individuals that may never have set foot inside at all.

The Red Dragon is the functioning base of operation of a huge number of adventuresome individuals. Oftentimes a wealthy employer will post an advertisement at the establishment, costing anywhere from nothing for those who need help the most, to hundreds of thousands of gold pieces from kindoms farther away than most people knew the world stretched.

Who sets these prices? The bartender, an infamous brewer by the name of Joe Smith. His reputation is in his bar, and the bar is in his heart. He makes the decision to let the poor and neady post warrants, jobs, and anything else for pennies, while charging absolutely abusive amounts of money for the wealthy to have a similar contract. People pay what he thinks they should pay, and all but those that shouldn't be posting here anyway make the concessions to do so.

This has allowed the bar to grow to it's incredible size. Many a new table was paid for by a simple advertisement. And, in exchange, the Red Dragon is open and often free to it's clients. Drinks of all sorts, wines, ale, milk, and foreign fruits all make their way to the Red Dragon, where anything is possible. The only people not permitted in the Red Dragon are those that offend the barkeep.

Many people tell the stories about the historical figures that have graced the Red Dragon. Many of these stories are told in the stories of bards and the wives tales of the oldest bar maids. The interior is ever changing, some tables being made of common woods, and others being purchased at extreme costs to accomodate the best of heroes and nobles. If someone doesn't like linen bedsheets, oftentimes silk will be imported within the hour to cover those that need it. Of course, this tends to be the path to offending old Joe, but he won't kick you out till your willing to leave on your own.

The dragon's eyes glow at night, acting as a beacon. The street lights on the paths outside allow for an excellent night-time environment. By the time everyone wakes up, they can find a bed of toasted breads, morning pastries, cheeses, eggs, and if they need something special, it only takes a few minutes to make. The Red Dragon is obviously a fine place to spend a night. Of course, the clientel that come her most often are also the same kind of folk that always find themselves on the road, and having a home away from home is a huge reason why they all return here eventually.

The first thing any visitor should do, upon entering the the Red Dragon, is shuffle up to Joe. The barmaids try to ensure that this happens promptly, because Joe can't stand anyone that doesn't say hi at the very least. The second thing Joe does to any visitor, is to get them to shout out their name and any important facts about themselves that others might need to know. Then, third, the entire bar greets the newcomer and gets back to their drinking. It's all just customery, but Joe sure does appreciate it.

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Re-entering the bar from the hall leading to the first floor boarding rooms, a gnomish woman in clerical armor and robes notices a couple of new faces in the bar and says "For any who missed it, I'm still Kirin, and I'm still here to help."

Telerin sat in the back, his hood down and Whitefang resting his head on the the lap of the Elf across from him. Telerin grinned as the wolf tried to get more of Aranel's attention, making whimpering and whining noises quietly.
Telerin, though, was watching a young man who seemed to be interested in them.

Aranel

First Post
Aranel was still holding 'Surprise' with one hand. Petting and making a fuss of the Wolf with her other, keeping watch from the corners of her eyes.
"Telerin, should we invite him to join us perhaps?"

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
OoC: Slight change to my last post...

IC: Bron Bekkle enters the Red Dragon Inn, looking about as if he sought someone.

Seeing Telerin and Aranel, he hastens over, a wan smile upon his face.
'Greetins young Druid and to you as well, lovely Lass. It seems that I bring ill news agin. Animals are turinin up dead all over the Wood, butchered, an Folks are missin as well. Rumour has it thet several homes have become ghost houses, the folks what lived in em just disappearin...and in at one of these cottages, one of my coleagues found this...'

Bron Bekkle pulls out a very familiar looking necklace, the long tooth, the red and green beads. It is nearly exact to the one's found upon the Ogres...
the old hunter sips his cinammon Tea and looks to your faces for input.

Last edited:

Creamsteak

Explorer
Global Event Related
As the morning begins in the Red Dragon, something that was not to be expected occurs. Having been a home of bewilderment and strange happenings, there is very little that could surprise or anger old Joe, or any of his guests. Something that shakes the foundations of the great tavern.

Two figures enter the bar, both in a suits of what looks like stone. Stone in the shape of bones, a rib cage wrapped and locked around the chest, helmets made of what would definitely appear to be an ogre's skull with the jaw ripped out, if it wasn't made of stone. The legs and arms are covered with interlocked finger bones that coil from the shoulders all the way down each arm, into a gauntlet made of what appears to be a large hand.

Bearing these strange suits of armor, the two step forwards, not quite in unison. Not quite reaching the center of the tavern, they stop and look around. One of the older barmaids is almost brave enough to ask the men to announce themselves, but they make haste to have their introductions.

"We are Knights of the Brotherhood of the Keep. We've come here in search of a man by the name of Demroch Kazai. You have all been drafted, women included. Your services to the Brotherhood will be rewarded, any disobediance will result in the execution of your person and all your living relatives."

The second pauses for a second, allowing only long enough to just think of a question before interjecting, "This is not a joke. Demroch a'ra Kazai is believed to be a threat to the entire well being of our world. He has killed two of our Templar and replaced them with constructs of the most convincing nature. We are convinced that someone who is here right now may have seen him recently. He is believed to have been traveling from Allimon to Orussus over the past week, on foot no less, in search of some unknown location."

The first tries to disperse any hostilities as quickly as he had raised them, "If there is no-one here that will divulge the location of the Demroch a'ra Kazai, we will be forced to order a cease of all social activities in this tavern in order to prevent the Demroch from convincing anyone of his motives. It is critical that any information, no-matter how trivial be reported to the Brotherhood. We are not here to harm anyone, but in order to protect the many it will be necessary that we prevent the Demroch from being able to infiltrate this city. You will be free to come and go as you please, if you pass a suitable inspection that you are not concealing evidence involving this matter. Anyone that leaves the city without our authority will be considered as much a threat as the Demroch himself. This is a serious matter, folks."

(Sorry, didn't intend to inturrupt you Uriel. Sorry about that.)

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Kirin stand up and walks calmly over to the so-called knights. Though the gnome stands only as high as either's belly button, she seems unconcerned.

"I don't think we really need the 'good gaurd/evil gaurd' routine, here. I am new to this region, but I do not believe you have any lawful authority over this tavern. If you are here to use death threats to justify complience, please be honest about it. You are thugs, and criminals, and though you may be capable of killing me, so are the bandits on the road, and you deserve no greater respect. Now cease your talk of Brotherhoods and Templars and trying to convince us that this man you seek is any worse than you. I will leave here when I am ready to and if you choose to kill me it is on your own soul."

She turns and walks over to the old man who had entered ahead of the thugs and says politely "Please excuse the interjection, but I couldn't help but hear you speak of troubles. I am Kirin, dedicated to knowlege and protection of the innocent. If there is any way I can help you, please let me know."

Telerin was looking at the thing Bron had shown them. He sighed heavily, "Found things like that with those Ogres we told you about...so either there are more of them, or they're part of something bigger," he glanced to Aranel, "I definatly wish to check this out..."
Then, the two men entered. Telerin's eyebrow raised as they spoke, and he moved Whitefang close to hold onto the Wolf's neck. When they were finished, he said simply, "I am a man of the forest, not of the city. Perhaps someone does know the location of this man you seek, but I do not, and I have other matters more important that need to be attented to for the moment. What reason do any of us here have to believe that you are not simply making this up? You have given no proof to us, only threat filled demands."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases