Paizo's Kingmaker Crowdfunding Campaign Extended

Paizo's Kingmaker 10th Anniversary crowdfunding campaign, which is taking place on Game On Tabletop, has been extended until June 4th. They sent out the following email this morning!

KingmakerAnniversary.jpg

"When we first launched the Kingmaker 10th Anniversary campaign on Game On Tabletop, we heard from Pathfinder players worldwide wondering why the campaign was only two weeks. For some, the campaign timing didn’t match their paycheck deposits. Others didn’t hear about the campaign until much later. Many others still haven’t heard about it.

With PaizoCon beginning next week and UK Games Expo the week after, Paizo and Game On Tabletop have decided to extend the campaign through those events to allow more time to unlock greater value for backers—and to give everyone more time. The campaign will now end at midnight Pacific on June 4th.

Thanks again for all your feedback and support! Together, we’re going to make the 10th anniversary of Kingmaker a truly epic event!"

The campaign is already over 500% funded, with nearly 1400 backers pledging a quarter of a million dollars. It now has nearly three more weeks to run. It includes a Pathfinder 2E hardcover compilation of the Kingmaker AP, a Kingmaker Bestiary for D&D 5E, and more.

Mercador

Adventurer
I would like a PF1 book of the complete adventure (as RotR and Curse), I wonder why they don't do that? I won't buy PF2 anyway.

I would like a PF1 book of the complete adventure (as RotR and Curse), I wonder why they don't do that? I won't buy PF2 anyway.

Supporting PF1 with a hardcover release just as you're about to release PF2 seems like a bad idea. Plus Kingmaker was originally released as a PF1 adventure path, so it's available for the PF1 rules currently if people want it. I'm pretty sure that the RotR and CotCT were originally released for 3.5E and then released as a hardcover compilation updated to PF1 rules.

Extending the campaign at this point feels like Paizo were expecting more backers for the project, so are extending the end date in a last ditch effort to try and up the backer numbers.

thundershot

Adventurer
Will the 5E book contain the NPC stats in addition to the monsters? Also what about all of the 5E skill check DC’s and trap conversions? If someone wanted this JUST for 5E, will it all be there somewhere?

Mercador

Adventurer
Because it’s very existence is a PF2 promotion.

I guess I'm really not the target audience then. Doing that is just alienate my trust in Paizo.

Supporting PF1 with a hardcover release just as you're about to release PF2 seems like a bad idea. Plus Kingmaker was originally released as a PF1 adventure path, so it's available for the PF1 rules currently if people want it. I'm pretty sure that the RotR and CotCT were originally released for 3.5E and then released as a hardcover compilation updated to PF1 rules.
There's something I don't get; in French, there's several adventure paths in hardcover format, not just the first two. As far as I know, the French market is way under the numbers of the English one, it can't be that hard to print 6 adventures paths and put it in a hardcover book..?

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
I guess I'm really not the target audience then. Doing that is just alienate my trust in Paizo.

Why would it violate your trust in Paizo? Is coming out with material to support the new edition something untrustworthy?

There's something I don't get; in French, there's several adventure paths in hardcover format, not just the first two. As far as I know, the French market is way under the numbers of the English one, it can't be that hard to print 6 adventures paths and put it in a hardcover book..?

There are 3rd party organizations doing translations of Paizo APs, some of them crowdfunded on the same site where Paizo is crowdfunding the Kingmaker anniversary edition. I expect there was a similar process for the combined editions in French you've seen. It's not Paizo putting them together - it's the 3rd party producer.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
But I don't want to :'( Not sure why though, I guess it's all the books I have, like I feel betrayed, it's weird I know.

Buying a book from them doesn’t make them your slave forevermore. They’re allowed to make new things. This is not a betrayal. :)

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases