Big Trouble in Little Menzoberranzan

I probably won't get around to running this anytime soon, so I though I'd throw it out for someone else's campaign idea.

"Shadowrun, Dalereckoning 1299

After the royal family was killed, the jewels stolen, and Evermeet
leveled by the Drow, the Sun Elves are out for Blood. The Dwarven
nations have finally replenished their populations and dream of retaking their subterranean kingdoms. The Zhentarim blew up Waterdeep leaving a giant crater between Skullport and Undermountain. The Gnomes of Lantan have become addicted to exotic dreamspices of the East and now sell their steam-powered mechanical monstrosities to fund their habit. Roam the Underdark and hire on for assassinations between Drow families. Augment your psionic powers through illithid-flesh biografts. Grab you handcrossbow, katana, and mirror-spectacles. Blah Blah Blah."

TracerBullet42

First Post
But what about Jack Burton? Who? Jack Burton.....me.

I love that movie.

Sorry, don't mean to change the subject. Sounds like a cool adventure...

Graf

Explorer
Henry said:
This idea is so good, I'm moving it to Plots and Places! :)
This could probably also be read as "ensuring nobody posts on the thread again..." ;)

Seriously, I like the flavor text but is the premise of the game somehow different from regular D&D (except that PCs aren't usually allowed Illithid biografts...)?
(I haven't seen the movie in a while so I may be missing something, as I recall it involved a trucker, some chinese magic type people and lots of martial arts)

Graf said:
This could probably also be read as "ensuring nobody posts on the thread again..." ;)

My sentiments exactly.

Seriously, I like the flavor text but is the premise of the game somehow different from regular D&D (except that PCs aren't usually allowed Illithid biografts...)?
(I haven't seen the movie in a while so I may be missing something, as I recall it involved a trucker, some chinese magic type people and lots of martial arts)

Nah, it's probably not that different. Just give the realms a twist, move the technology up a notch. Through in a bit of steampunk. Take Shadowrun and replcae the megacorps with Drow Houses.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases