Need a good source of music

Golem Joe

First Post
For Halloween, I'm running my group through an adaption of Ravenloft. To go along with it, I'd like to find a good CD of weird, organ music -- something to set the mood. Does anyone know of such a CD?

Berandor

lunatic
Difficult. I can give you some single pieces of music, however.
Johann Sebastian Bach's Toccata d-minor BMV 565 is a classic, also the title track from Phantom of the Opera.
Carmina Burana from Carl Orff has aside from the title track the excellent "Fortune Plango Vulnera", a truly scary choir piece.
Sergei Prokoffieff's Romeo and Juliet has the "Dance of the Knights", an equally dark piece.
Otherwise, though it's not reall organ music, there's always soundtracks. Poltergeist, Exocist, The Fog, The Ninth Gate, Halloween are all great for Ravenloft.

I hope you find what you're looking for,

Berandor

Felix

Explorer
Damnit, Berandor!

I was going to suggest Carl Oriff!
I was going to suggest J.S. Bach!

But noooooo! YOU had to suggest them First!

Phooey!
:D:D

Really, Oriff is the guy you're looking for. All the way. And perhaps Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata for when you introduce the BBEG. If they get that far.

(So there, Berandur! *bites thumb at you!*) :D

Nifelhein

First Post
You could also get some music from the Castlevania game series, some arranged versions are quite good, most of them are not on a CD and you can download them on Kazaa.

Aeolius

Adventurer
Nifelhein said:
You could also get some music from the Castlevania game series, some arranged versions are quite good, most of them are not on a CD and you can download them on Kazaa.

If you want a legal channel to find music with, try the iTunes Music Store from Apple; coming to Windows this Thursday.

Nifelhein

First Post
Well, Kazaa is not illegal in itself, some musics are taken straight out of the games and never were on CDs.

Also you could look for some of the following CDs, they are no organ music but can help you set the mood you want anyway:

The 13th Warrior Sondtrack.
Gladiator The Original Motion Picture Soundtrack.
Highlander - The Original Scores.
The Last of the Mohicans

For individual music that can be, on your own responsability, downloaded on p2p programs:

Parasite Eve - Main Theme
===================================

By the way, Aeolius, tell me more about that suggestion of yours!

Here's a few ideas, complete with links to free, legal midis so you can see for yourself if they fit the bill. Of course, being midis, the results are cheesy almost to the point of gross misrepresentation. :p

J.S.Bach Passacaglia and Fugue in C minor, BWV 582 *zipped midi*

Janacek The Organ Solo from the Glagolitic Mass *midi*

Messiaen "Apparition de l'Eglise Éternelle" *midi*

(EDIT: Midi links added.)

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases