[OOC] Against the Slavers A1-A4, 3.0 rules

Halivar

First Post
Game Thread
Rogue's Gallery

I was flipping through some old 1st edition modules, and realized I had the complete A1 through A4 Slavers series. So, I'm going to run the series as a campaign. I'll be converting these modules to 3.0 as we go along. The campaign will consist of 6 level 5 PC's.

If you've never played through these before, they're pretty much non-stop dungeon delves to stop piratical slavers. Of course, I'll be sprucing the modules up a bit with some good social interactivity.

The Rogue's Gallery thread is here. If possible it'd be cool to start as soon as we get six and their characters up in RG.. Feel free to use 3.5 classes or PrC's, any Monte Cook material and the 3.0 splatbooks. If there are any other 3.5'ism's you'd like me to use, sell me on it. I'm pretty pliable...
wink.gif
Other than that it's 32-point buy (before the five levels, so +1 ability point). You are open to any race in the MM or MM2 that gives less than +4 ECL. If you want to draw from another source, just run it by me first.

Clerics, we're using the standard D&D pantheon. Anything in the "D&D Pantheon" section of Dieties & Demigods.

Starting gold is 9,000gp, no limit on what you can buy.

Hit-points are as follows: max first level, two-thirds max (round up) for the rest.
For instance, if you have d10 hit dice, you have 10 + (4*10)*(2/3) = 37 hp.

Also, we're using the 3.5 version of identify. I really don't feel like making you guys wait 8 hours to learn that holy avenger has a +2 enchantment on it
wink.gif
(I kid, I kid... so, any paladins?).

Players so far:
ferretguy - Elf Rogue/Monk (*)
rangerjohn- Gray Elf Conjurer (*)
Tonguez - Gnome Bard/Druid (*)
Ankh-Morphork Guard - Elf Ranger/Cleric (*)
Bob Aberton - Human Rogue/Fighter (*)
Hammerhead - Human Cleric of Heironeous (*)

Those marked (*) have submitted their characters to the RG thread.

Background:
I'll elaborate a bit more when the adventure starts, but I want you guys to have some idea of what's going on before we jump in. I'm not going to start you off at the dungeon's door (*snicker*). Instead, you're going to start on a boat approaching the pirate town of Highport, which you have learned slavers are operating out of. You'll have to convince (or hack) your way in, and once there find out where the slavers are operating out of. Then the delving begins!

If you can, put a bit of info in your character as to why you are on this quest to stop the piratical slavers. An obvious option is that you're being paid to do it. One of you suggested being a former slaver/turncoat. Someone else had a good idea of looking for his monastery brothers.

Last edited:

ferretguy

First Post
Well Hallivar I'm always a sucker for old D&D modules....3.0 is ok....3.5 is of course better. I'll go for either a monk or a Rogue.....or maybe a monk/rogue...yeah thats it....a monk who's monastary had fallen and had to take to the sneaky ways to survive...perhaps those old slavers are responsible...
let me know what you requirements are and I'm in.

Thels

First Post
Interested in new games as always, but if the game gets crowded, I'll back out.

I prefer 3.5 over 3.0, but I wouldn't mind 3.0.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Interested - Gnome Scorcerer/Rogue with a Piquant for Alchemist Fire and a love of Hamsters...

and 3.0 is good (I haven't graded to 3.5 yet)

Oooh..I'm definatly interested. 3.5 is preferred, but I can do 3.0 just as well.

Hmmm...I'm thinking Ranger for some reason...though I'm not really sure what I'd want to play until I see the other PCs...

Bob Aberton

First Post
Permission to come aboard, Halivar?

I'm thinking possibly a paladin-type...perhaps a some class/paladin who was once a slaver and got converted...hmm....

Or maybe a rogue-type who was once a slave-ship captain (note: if there are no slave ships in these modules, ignore the last bit...).

I would prefer 3.0 (haven't ogtten the 3.5 books yet).

Halivar

First Post
Bob Aberton said:
Permission to come aboard, Halivar?

I'm thinking possibly a paladin-type...perhaps a some class/paladin who was once a slaver and got converted...hmm....

Or maybe a rogue-type who was once a slave-ship captain (note: if there are no slave ships in these modules, ignore the last bit...).

I would prefer 3.0 (haven't ogtten the 3.5 books yet).
Great to have you! I'm going to post the background of the story as soon as I get six folks and open a RG thread. And, actually, I really like the ship-capatin idea, I can definitely use that (you are going to a pirate town, after all); tuck that under your brain-cap in case you pass up the paladin.

Hammerhead

Explorer
I'm a sucker for old modules too, so I'm in. I'm thinking some kind of arcanist, or possibly a Cleric. I'd prefer 3.5, since I'm trying for a total switch from 3.0 to 3.5 in every game I play, but no big deal.

Remove ads