(IR) IR Interlude, Turn 4 - 5 (thread 1)

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
A fight breaks out between the Gem Dragons.

They have the offer of 10th level magic.
They have the offer of nuclear weapons.

But not both.

They must choose, one or the other.

As a result, discord has broken out among them, with some arguing for allying with Kas, and some arguing for allying with GnomeWorks.
This discord has broken out into a very heated argument.

Kalanyr, Anabstercorian, the God-Emperor, the Wind Dukes of Aaqa, and other powerful personages (all the PCs, basically) can scry the dragons, and see that they are arguing over what to do.

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Kessel clicks his pen, and offers the paper and the pen to the dragon emissary.

"All you have to do, is sign. I assure you, there are no loopholes, no ways to wriggle out of this legally binding agreement in any way, shape, or form. For either side. You will have your nuclear warheads, training in their usage, and the Duchy of Urnst and Chauntosbergen, and you will give me your aid in the future when I request it."

"There may be a quarrel among you. Agree as you may, I may still attempt to convince you that the nuclear weaponry we can provide you with, is better than the 10th level magic that our adversaries offer."

"For, although 10th level magic is more broad in it's scope and usefulness, nothing - save 11th level magic - can match the destructive capabilities of our current technologies. No available weapon known to man, dragon, or gnome can cause more devastation and destruction in the same amount of time. Nothing else gives you the feeling of power, the power that inspires the ultimate fear in your enemies, than the ability to bring down a volley of nuclear warheads down around their heads, all at the touch of a button or utterance of a command word."

"Gem Dragons, the weapons I present to you. Are more powerful than anything else you will be offered. And all I request, is your assistance in my combat against my foes. Is this really too much to ask of you? That you risk yourself against foes that will easily be destroyed, for the ultimate destructive power."

"Think about it."

Tokiwong

First Post
Iuz the All-Seeing...

Iuz attempts to lower hismelf to mere scrying... to see just what all the fuss is about... and peeks in on the Gem Dragons... if possible...

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
The Gem Dragon emissary quietly asks:

Kessel, who are your foes?
Who does the Lortmil Technomancy count an enemy?

- - -

Iuz sees immediately what is happening here, in the Lortmil Technomancy.

Last edited:

Serpenteye

First Post
OOC musings

The problem with mercenaries is that they cannot be trusted. When you have given them what they wanted they can easily change their alligience to a higher bidder. Often they have proven to be ineffective in battle since they would run at the first sign of defeat or a hint of personal danger. Other times they have been known to turn against their employer if he shows any sign of weakness.

----

The God-Emperor, however, deems them worth taking that risk for. He offers them immense riches (equivalent to 30ppts) in gems, gold, rare minerals, slaves, art, magic items and amusing trinkets in addition to 10th level magics if they join the Union of Oerth.

Last edited:

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
Well, one of the Gem Dragons signs the contract with GnomeWorks.

At the same time, one of the Gem Dragons signs the contract with the Dark Union.

As a result, the united front the Gem Dragons put up shatters, with a third of them going to the Lortmil Technomancy, and a third of them going to the Dark Union.

Each third demands the agreements made be kept, that they signed.

Of the remaining third:

A small detachment of the more reasonable Gem Dragons, the lofty ones, decide that Uvenelei is right, and fly to join the Alliance of the Crescent.
A much larger detachment of the remaining third decide Anabstercorian and his Solistarim would make good allies, and join him.
And an equal sized detachment think Iuz truly is wise, and this group of Gem Dragons joins him.

PL increases from this:

Anabstercorian: 25 PL (neutral dragons)
Mr Draco / Serpenteye: 66 PL (neutral dragons)
GnomeWorks: 66 PL (neutral dragons)
Iuz: 25 PL (neutral dragons)
Maudlin: 200 PL (evil dragons)
Melkor: 50 PL (shadow dragons and dracoliches)
Uvenelei: 17 PL (neutral dragons)
William (and/or his allies): 200 PL (good dragons)

Last edited:

kaboom

First Post
Myself and Kessal have reached a agreement: We will give you nukes AND 10th level magic. 10th level magic comes whan we get it. Nukes come when we get 10th level magic or 2 months, wichever is sooner. Until that time you must obey our orders totally and completely or we will not give you ether one of the 2 supreme secrets(nukes and 10th level magic).

Serpenteye

First Post
They should have read the fine print.

Our offer of 30ppts of treasure was for the entirety of the gem dragons. For a third of them I will only pay 10pts, they will still get 10th level magics. This is in the spirit (and letter) of our agreement, they should have no reason to object.

Of course, if this should retrigger the price-war we might reconsider this point. The negotiations are handled with subtlety.

Last edited:

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Kessel replies, smiles, and nods, at the same time putting his pen away, and teleports w/o error the contract to his offices to have copies made for both sides.

"The Lortmils thanks you for your assistance. We look forward to working with you in the future. You can pick up your weekly payload of nuclear weaponry at this location." Kessel will securely transmit, via psionics, the coordinates to the gem dragon emissary. "We will meet your leaders there for the first shipment, to train them in their usage."

"As for our enemies, they are limited in number. The Lortmils count the one known as the Forsaken One (OOC - I don't know his PC's name, but I try to get the point across) among her enemies, as well as the union formerly known as the 'Dark Union of Oerth,' now the Union of Oerth. Our final adversary is the Illithid, Anabstercorian."

OOC:
OOC: My enemies, if I have misrepresented any of you, please say so. I do not like to err when talking of my worthy opponents, and I would like all information I give to the Gem Dragons to be as correct as possible. :D

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases