(IR) IR Interlude, Turn 4 - 5 (thread 1)

Uvenelei

First Post
Edena_of_Neith said:

The Leader of the Gem Dragons looks very displeased.
He speaks:

We wasted our time flying here, to offer you our services.
We do not take kindly to insults, especially when those insults come from humans.

Find this human who has insulted you, and I shall personally see to his punishment for his insolence. Perhaps he was hiding behind me? I am quite large compared to a human when in MY draconic form. :)

Edena: Are the Gem Dragons working as a single unit? Can I hire individual Dragons to aid me?

Spoof

First Post
A bargin with the devil

To the Gem Dragons:

While I can grant you the treasures gathered from the world of Toril, wealth beyond what you can imagine, what in the way of treasure can any mortal give to you, that you can not get for yourself. 10th level magic I can not offer you, as on this plane I do not have the secrets yet, but on Toril I do have the knowledge of 11th level magic and tech, beyond your dreams. But yet again all of this you can gain on your own or with the help of others. But there is one thing I can offer you that no other can offer. And that is my Soul. I will give you my soul, the Soul of St. Cuthbert’s head Solar, second in power to none in his pantheon. After this war is concluded and I have achieved all of my goals you shall have my soul. If you agree to these terms so shall I. What say you?

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
The Gem Dragon emissary regards Kessel GnomeWorks, then he speaks:

We have a request.
If that request is granted, we will ally with the Lortmil Technomancy.

You are now producing nuclear weapons and missiles to deliver them.

Our price is that for every two nuclear weapons you make, one goes to us - immediately, right off of your assembly line.
Futhermore, the kilotonnage, and eventual megatonnage, of these devices must be equal, in the bombs delivered to us, as the kilotonnage and eventual megatonnage, in the bombs you retain for yourself.

We will be instructed on the exact nature of detonating these bombs, and how to prevent detonation.

Thus, we shall have complete control of our nuclear stockpile, and if we use it, the bombs will fall where we please, and they will detonate when we please.

What say you, Kessel GnomeWorks, Arch Mechanic of Oerth?

We have already received an offer of 10th level magic from Kas.
However, we would consider an arsenal of nuclear weapons, even better.

Serpenteye

First Post
Ooc, I wonder how great our degree of control will be over the dragons if they ally with us. Will they be like just another one of our armies or will they do as they (Edena) pleases, no more bound by an alliance than one of our fellow players would be?

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
(My mistake, Uvenelei! Heh. Thought you sent a human to speak to the dragons.
The Gem Dragons, are all cooperating on this one.
Some of them think the overall strategy is too unreasonable and evilish, while others don't think it goes far enough.)

The dragon looks at Alzem solemnly.
There is respect, and fear, in his eyes.
He speaks, to the Solar.

Mighty One, we wish no quarrel with Toril.
Neither do we wish souls ... that is the province of Acererak and others like him.

I fear that there can be no barter between us, O Mighty Torilian.
Our dealings are with these Oerthians.

After all, we must deal with them in our daily lives.
We are Oerthians.
They are Oerthians.

(He flinches)

However, we did not turn the Flanaess into a desert.
They, did.

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Kessel regards the Gem Dragon evenly, despite him being less than 3' tall.

"I will agree to your terms, and you will have your nuclear weaponry, as well as the training - under one condition. This is a tall order. I will give you Chauntosbergen and the Duchy of Urnst, but we will retain our claims on the Northern Lortmils. If you accept this last term in this agreement, then I shall agree to yours."

Kessel pulls out a piece of paper and a pen, and upon the paper is the agreement typed out in legal terminology (no loopholes, though, for either side).

"...Do we have a deal?"

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
(The Good dragons will be under William's control, or someone else in the Alliance of Oerth, or they may co-control the Good Dragons.)

(The Evil Dragons will be under Maudlin and Melkor's control.
If Maudlin and Melkor reject the offer of aid, the evil dragons will ally with someone else, and that someone else will ally with them.
I do believe, however, that Maudlin and Melkor will accept the offer.)

(The Neutral Dragons will ally with whoever is the highest bidder, but they will remain under my control.
They will fight alongside you, as allies, under my control.
Which is better, I would daresay, than them fighting against your Power as enemies, under my control.)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases