(IR) IR Interlude, Turn 4 - 5 (thread 1)

Spoof

First Post
The Angels

Alzem looks up from his chair where he has been studying the people moving on his map of the world, a map that shows all of the peoples of this planet moving in real time. He looks up and utters one word, “No” and with that he disappears.
Suddenly he is in a hospital where the Angels are there to start taking the population to Toril, and once again he says “No.”

At this the Angels turn to him with a look of confusion on his face and Alzem knows that they do not understand why he would not want them taken to Hope Isle where they can live in peace. “No. This cannot be allowed. You must not take these people from their lands; you have no right to do so.” With this Alzem looks around and sees the suffering of the people here and those all over the world, and a tears start to fall from his face. “No. You shall not be allowed to take these people from there homes, as I hate to admit it Kas is right. When Toril was in peril of destruction you did not come and take them from their suffering, but instead you assisted me in making a place where they could live in peace on their world, so I ask you to help me here also. Help me to create a place on this world where they can live in peace, without fear of hunger to disease.” With this Alzem draws his sword and speaks in a voice steeped with the wisdom of the ages “But if you do take these people from their world know that I shall seek you out and extract the payment you shall owe for your crime. For there shall be no place in all the multiverses that you may hide from justice, it shall seek you out where ever you may run and hide”

“Please, I beg of you, do not remove these people from here, as this world might be irreparably harmed by such an action. If you do not wish to help then I ask that you leave in peace. But if all fails and this world shall be delivered into darkness then I shall take to these people to Hope Isle, where they can live their lives in peace for all eternity. I will not try to stop you by force now, as that would cause the death and destruction of many more innocents, but as you know forces from Hope Isle are here fighting for these people to have a chance for freedom, do not take away their reason for being here, or mine."

Last edited:

Maudlin

First Post
Acererak makes sure that wherever the Angels visit, they are greeted by the greates amount of desperation and devastation. Mutilated children, weeping widows, wailing mothers.

Take them all, save them! I don't want to harm them, but the depravations of war will break them anyway. You are their only hope. Leave only the soldiers!

Do not listen to this lesser being. How dare he threaten you? Maybe he is Falling. You know that if you fail to act, if you wait, hundreds of thousands will die that he could not save, and you will have let it happen. Millions have already died because you hesitated the first time. Why would he want you to do that? Does he want to drag you down in his fall, perhaps?

Last edited:

Spoof

First Post
A message to Acererak

Alzem appears before Acererak and looks at him. At this Acererak can feel the filth that is his soul, and cries out for pity. “So you whish to think I am turning from the path to join you in your puddles of filth. Tell me do you wish this purley to watch that which you can never be fall from such a lofty ideal, or so that when people look down on you as they always have, they would no longer see only you? Or when they turn their head you hope that they might turn from looking at me to glance in your direction so for once in your meaningless existence someone would look at you without you forcing them to. No my child I have not fallen nor shall I, I only look for what is best for this world, so be happy that for this one time that I shall speak to you with only pity and sadness in my voice and not your death in my eyes. Farwell fool, enjoy what you have while you can.”

Last edited:

Serpenteye

First Post
The God-Emperor of the Union of Oerth appear before the Angel at his court. Angry flashes of red and black strike at random out of his golden aura and his face is frozen in cold rage. The Angel, though it's twize his height, is overshadowed by the sheer power and intensity of the God-Emperor, for He is a God and it's only an instrument.

"I felt the change in the lines of power. I assumed it was the Oerth plague but this is far worse. You have broken down the wards that kept you out and in doing so you have disturbed the cosmic balance around Oerth. You have broken the precepts of the Gods, foolish children, and in your stupidity doomed this world. And now you add to your crime by stealing my children, my worshipers, my people! To take them away and twist their souls into your mindless tools!
By ripping away the people of Oerth you rob this world of its only hope for survival. You rob the nations of their ability to fight the disease that plagues their world and in doing so you are striking the killing blow against this world!
Leave! Leave now, without stealing one soul from our lands! Yes, people will die if you go. And yes, far more will suffer if they remain on Oerth. I will mourn for every single life lost needlessly, but this suffering is not needless. It's the pains of birth and growth, the struggle for survival. People will die if they stay but a world will die if they are taken away and we need every single infant or cripple or oldster to save this world. If you take a single child from this world you risk dooming one world and all its future generations to oblivion. The price of your 'charity' is too high.

Leave."

Last edited:

Maudlin

First Post
Re: A message to Acererak

Spoof said:
Tell me do you wish this purley to watch that which you can never be fall from such a lofty ideal, or so that when people look down on you as they always have, they would no longer see only you? Or when they turn their head you hope that they might turn from looking at me to glance in your direction so for once in your meaningless existence someone would look at you without you forcing them to.
Oh really? You have honestly deluded yourself into thinking I'm doing this out of jealousy for yourself? That is both the saddest and most hilarious thing I have heard in a while, Celestial. Vanity is the Devil's favourite sin, after all. What makes you think you would be aware of your own fall? Your meandering self-aggrandizements serve no purpose, save to illustrate what a poor judge you are of what is "best for this world".

Kalanyr

Explorer
A drow robed and carrying a quarterstaff approaches the Metallic Dragons.

"Greetings Mighty Ones, I am Alytres I am here to give you the secrets of 10th level magic. Do you accept?"

If the Metallics wish to use True Seeing etc Alytres is a CG Deep Dragon. If they accept the secrets are given and Alytres departs.

Kalanyr

Explorer
Hey Maudlin - What the heck did you expect? I just lost my Mountain, lots of NPCs and quite some PL beating the Shade and you around. Both of you then proceed to spring up better than ever. And you expect me to sit on my butt ?

Maudlin

First Post
Nono, it's quite a sensible decision, there was no criticism implied :) It's just that they are now quite massively powerful, possibly more than you, even.

Btw, Forrester's gone, wanna switch back to evil now? :D

Last edited:

Kalanyr

Explorer
Sorry if I sounded harsh, I was just a little peeved over Evil's Fast Healing (250) power. (I'm over it now though :D )

I know they are now more powerful than me. I don't mind, I'm on their side.

Nah I think I like the Good Guys no bloodstains on the carpet,no dark and musty temples and no cities crawling with spiders and watching out for backstabbing even with DR 30/+3, and oh yeah no slaves to constantly watch.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases