New Campain, what do you think?

I've been a lurker on the boards for around 6 months and have finaly summoned up the courage to start my own thread, the topic of which is dear to my heart.^_^
I just want to know how/what you all think of my campain setting, and possibly give people some new ideas.
The setting is basicly Planescape, but with some modifications. 1st is that teleport and raise dead spells are off for alomst everyone. Teleport is a 9nth level spell and bringing someone back from the dead requiers(sp) the consent and help of a god or demon/devil lord, or anything with a huge amount of personal power. Creatures that have a spell like abilty TELEPORT or GREATER TELEPORT have lost that abilty. Devils are also pretty sociable guys, most having altrenate forms that are pleasing to a charecter acustemed(sp) to the common races in settings like Greyhawk. The armies that are in the Blood War have stepped up in #, almost always over 10,000 in #, those being little skirmishes.

The charecters are also almost helpless, being only 5th level and working in Sigil. We have one spell slinger, an evoker who makes and uses nearly only sonic spells, a guisarme/throwing axe/ spell stroing bastard sword weilding fighter, and archery focused ranger with a nasty temper. Thats it. Three 5th level humans wallking around Sigil, dealing with demons, devils, celestials, and bad food.

The focus of the campain will eventualy be the Blood War, with the charcters choosing which side they got with, as mercenaries, with the angles,demons, or devils. I expect to see a lot of mass combat with armies excedding 1,000,000 people on each side of the was. Thelargest battles might take up whole continets or some layers. Battles will last for years as after a while armies will get stuck in trenchs. Armies that have to move over huge distances can use Gates connecting to another part of a layer. I want the charecters to feel helpless, but miracuasly make a real DIFFERENCE in this huge war. So I'm thinking lots of trench warfare, with the players giong in behind lines and finding ways to set up Gates even at mid levels. (as a side note, the areas behind the lines have forms of Forbbidnce[sp] that make it almost impossible to use any diminsonal tarvel in the area)

SO thats all I can really think of right now thats different from a "normal" campain. I just want to hear your thoughts and suggestions and how to fix this up and if you think this will actualy work out.

As a side note, I want the charecters to reach epic levels wel before the campains end. I fuly expect this to be a LOOOOONNNGGGG campain.

THXS!
Douglas

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases