(Adventure) The Monestary of Saint Feragon <Judge:Macbeth>




What's on your mind?

+ Log in or register to post
Page 1 of 20 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 383
  1. #1
    Living EN World Judge


    Uriel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    5,106

    ° Ignore Uriel

    (Adventure) The Monestary of Saint Feragon <Judge:Macbeth>

    ...
    Last edited by Creamsteak; Monday, 12th April, 2004 at 01:34 AM.
    Iconic DMing-Addicted ENWorlder
    Living ENWorld Judge

 

  • #2
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    Kahuna Burger's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Attleboro, MA
    Posts
    4,884

    ° Ignore Kahuna Burger
    As the others are choosing their mounts, Kirin arrives with her own. For those of the larger races who have never actually seen a riding dog, they may be suprized. Humans in particular tend to assume that gnomes and halflings simply take a large herding or retrieving breed and stick an undersized pony saddle and bridle on it to ride around. Instead, Cirus, as Kirin companionably introduces him, is a tall dog, taller than the gnome herself, with powerful front shoulders and a flat horselike coat. The saddle is well up on his shoulders and really consists of little more than loops to hold Kirin comfortably on and a saddlebag strapped to his chest. The saddlebag is marked with the same lighted candle that the cleric wears. No bridle or muzzel contrains cirus's face, and when he sees the new people around him he begins to shake and whine with barely contained excitement and glance towards Kirin as if for permission.

    "Cirus, behave, you're a discredit to your breeding... No wonder you never made the cut for battle training... Hello friends, were there any problems with the thugs in the main room?"

    OOC: uriel, do you want me to provide a list of Kirin's currently prepared spells?
    I understand, comprehend, get, grok, and see your point. I can take, handle, cope and deal with the way you run your game. The reasons I disagree with you and/or dislike your playstyle preference lie elsewhereů

  • #3
    Registered User
    Novice (Lvl 1)

    Ankh-Morpork Guard's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    St. Augustine, Florida
    Posts
    11,357

    ° Ignore Ankh-Morpork Guard
    My communities:

    Telerin runs a hand down the back of one of the horses, looking to Whitefang, "How's she look?"
    The wolf seems to nod in approval as Telerin climbed up onto the horse. The human glanced over to Kirin, smiling towards the other and the Dog, "A fine animal you have..."

  • #4
    Registered User
    Novice (Lvl 1)

    Aranel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Paranoia, just south of Confusion.
    Posts
    165

    ° Ignore Aranel
    Aranel had followed, seen what she at first thought was another wolf. "Ooh..." and moved over to pet it. Well, at least let it get used to her. "Another creature to help." She smiled delighted, holding her hand out for the ...wolf...dog? to sniff. She glanced over at Fang. "Don't worry Fang, your still my favourite Wolf."
    "I can kick, kiss or cry my way out of anything."
    "My accidental gay lover just called me a sexy kitten"~Vis
    "I'm in a relationship with an expiry date."-Mo

  • #5
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    Kahuna Burger's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Attleboro, MA
    Posts
    4,884

    ° Ignore Kahuna Burger
    Quote Originally Posted by Aranel
    Aranel had followed, seen what she at first thought was another wolf. "Ooh..." and moved over to pet it. Well, at least let it get used to her. "Another creature to help." She smiled delighted, holding her hand out for the ...wolf...dog? to sniff. She glanced over at Fang. "Don't worry Fang, your still my favourite Wolf."
    Kirin smiled and patted Cirus's side. "A dissevice to all wolves to lump this mutt in with them I'm afraid. Cirus flunked out of wardog training and will have to stay with the other mounts when things get rough. But he's a good willing boy and he'll lick you to death if you let him."
    I understand, comprehend, get, grok, and see your point. I can take, handle, cope and deal with the way you run your game. The reasons I disagree with you and/or dislike your playstyle preference lie elsewhereů

  • #6
    Registered User
    Novice (Lvl 1)

    Aranel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Paranoia, just south of Confusion.
    Posts
    165

    ° Ignore Aranel
    Aranel grinned. "Well if I'm ever in need of a bath while were on this trip..." She looked around and sighed, once again the time came to choose a creature that was going to carry her around. And make her backside wish it didn't exist.
    Not to mention her thighs.
    She tried to find a mount that wouldn't kill her one way or another before deciding it was probably impossible and looking to Telerin. "Would Fang get jealous if I cling helplessly to you?" She asked in jest more than truth.
    "I can kick, kiss or cry my way out of anything."
    "My accidental gay lover just called me a sexy kitten"~Vis
    "I'm in a relationship with an expiry date."-Mo

  • #7
    Living EN World Judge


    Uriel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    5,106

    ° Ignore Uriel
    Bron Bekkle mounts upon his mare,Giselle and Aranel and Telerin can see that the rest of the horses(the roan Red, the palamino Spot,Greylocke the big draft horse and the pony,Sprout, are there as well.
    As well there are about a dozen horses in totla held on a string by the Roadwarden and several teenage boys (who look whistfully at you,jealous that they aren't going on an adventure. Those heading out for the Tower are also picking from these.

    Letting Telerin and Aranel choose, Bron smiles at the small Gnome, telling her that she has a fine steed. Sprout sniffs at the dog, shaking his head from side to side in amusement. He had never seen a dog nearly his own size, and Telerin <Wild Empathy> can tell that the two seem to be having a friendly encounter.

    Bron speaks up 'So, who're we waitin' on, eh?'

    OoC:Yes, could you all list your prepared spells, thank you.
    Iconic DMing-Addicted ENWorlder
    Living ENWorld Judge

  • #8
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    Kahuna Burger's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Attleboro, MA
    Posts
    4,884

    ° Ignore Kahuna Burger
    Quote Originally Posted by Uriel
    OoC:Yes, could you all list your prepared spells, thank you.
    OOC: 0 level = detect magic, light, guidance. 1st level = bless, obscuring mist. Domain 1st = Sanctuary

    I'll be leaving this evening on a weekend trip. Might have internet access at the hotel, its been known to happen.
    I understand, comprehend, get, grok, and see your point. I can take, handle, cope and deal with the way you run your game. The reasons I disagree with you and/or dislike your playstyle preference lie elsewhereů

  • #9
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    Guilt Puppy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    1,559

    ° Ignore Guilt Puppy
    A thoroughly grumpy dwarf shows up, decked out in battered up scale mail, his face marked with bee-stings and cat-scratches.

    "Oi! I hear some'n about a monosterie needs'n be slain er killed er somethin' like that? Well if 'at's yer case, here's me the man for the job!"

    He grins, but his grin fades as he looks over at the horses.

    "Oh, please tell me we ain't be ridin' one o' those..."
    In Character PbP: (Casual D&D) A Game of Trust, Parts I, II & III (OOC)
    Living Enworld: Sturm Gerwycht, on a quest Of Eggs and Desires

  • #10
    Living EN World Judge


    Uriel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    5,106

    ° Ignore Uriel
    The old tracker grins at the Dwarf and looks back at the horses.'Master Dwarf, I happen ta have one o'the finest mountain Ponies in all the land right over yonder, Sprout's is name an' 'es an even'tempered sort.'

    Looking over, Sturm notices a pony that is much more proper in size, compared to those freakishly large horses.
    Iconic DMing-Addicted ENWorlder
    Living ENWorld Judge

  • #11
    Registered User
    Novice (Lvl 1)

    Aranel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Paranoia, just south of Confusion.
    Posts
    165

    ° Ignore Aranel
    "Well that does it." Aranel muttered quietly. "If the Dwarf gets sprout I'm riding with you Telerin." She smiled over to the Dwarf. "Well met, I'm Aranel." She greeted.
    "I can kick, kiss or cry my way out of anything."
    "My accidental gay lover just called me a sexy kitten"~Vis
    "I'm in a relationship with an expiry date."-Mo

  • #12
    Living EN World Judge


    Uriel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    5,106

    ° Ignore Uriel
    OoC:Folks...you all sort of dashed off without a very important consideration. Healing Potions. 50GP a pop for Cure Light Wounds 1D8+1.tandard prices. :et's say that there were 2 or 3 easily available per person. Things are going t get much more deadly as this story/and games, i would assume progress. Let me know and deduct the GP, thanks. There was time to make a quick stop at the appropriate shop between the last and this one.
    Iconic DMing-Addicted ENWorlder
    Living ENWorld Judge

  • #13
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    Guilt Puppy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    1,559

    ° Ignore Guilt Puppy
    Sturm sizes up the pony. "Hrm... O'ergrown 'ound's what ye look like... But like'n to beat walkin', I'd gut..." He goes up, and stares the animal down, eye to eye. "You gonna be a stubborn one, are ye? Hm?"

    Eventually he settles on it. "Alright, 'ound, ye can come with me. But ye'll need a better name'n Sprout, fer blood's sake." He thinks for a moment. "How's Shawggi suit ye? 'twas me ole mum's name, so you best do it proudly."

    He turns back to the tracker. "How much for the beast?"

    (OOC -- Sturm doesn't have enough gold for a potion, and aside from that, I don't think he'd bother. He'll learn to depend on the cleric if the going gets rough enough... I'll do what I can to keep him alive, and help the party, but beyond that, I'll take my chances. It's worth it to risk losing a character I like, that he might have that sory of dangerous, colorful history should he survive.

    Also, I am completely aware of the fact that he just named a male pony after his mother. )

  • #14
    Registered User
    Novice (Lvl 1)

    Ankh-Morpork Guard's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    St. Augustine, Florida
    Posts
    11,357

    ° Ignore Ankh-Morpork Guard
    My communities:

    Telerin nodded to Aranel, "Climb up then."
    Whitefang was slowly sniffing his way around the others, being careful and trying not to scare them. Telerin did have to tell them that the wolf was only getting used to them, and wouldn't hurt anyone...hopefully.

    ((Telerin doesn't exactly have enough money for potions either. Here's my prepared spells:
    Druid Spells Prepared(4/3):
    0-lvl(DC 13): Create Water, Detect Magic, Light, Read Magic
    1-lvl(DC 14): Cure Light Wounds, Produce Flame, Speak With Animals))

  • #15
    Living EN World Judge


    Uriel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    5,106

    ° Ignore Uriel
    Quote Originally Posted by Guilt Puppy
    Sturm sizes up the pony. "Hrm... O'ergrown 'ound's what ye look like... But like'n to beat walkin', I'd gut..." He goes up, and stares the animal down, eye to eye. "You gonna be a stubborn one, are ye? Hm?"

    Eventually he settles on it. "Alright, 'ound, ye can come with me. But ye'll need a better name'n Sprout, fer blood's sake." He thinks for a moment. "How's Shawggi suit ye? 'twas me ole mum's name, so you best do it proudly."

    He turns back to the tracker. "How much for the beast?"

    (OOC -- Sturm doesn't have enough gold for a potion, and aside from that, I don't think he'd bother. He'll learn to depend on the cleric if the going gets rough enough... I'll do what I can to keep him alive, and help the party, but beyond that, I'll take my chances. It's worth it to risk losing a character I like, that he might have that sory of dangerous, colorful history should he survive.

    Also, I am completely aware of the fact that he just named a male pony after his mother. )
    Laughing at the Pony's expression of annoyance, bron says 'Aye there,Master Dwarf. I'm afraid 'ave grown rather found of Sprout, as a name and as a fine pony whut pulls his weight an' more. I couldn't seel him, though i don mind'ye ridin 'im fer this little adventure. I kin recommend many a good pony from reputable tradesmen, truth be know, I think he's annoyed thet lady Aranel isn't on 'es back, as he took a shine to 'er last time we went out...'
    Iconic DMing-Addicted ENWorlder
    Living ENWorld Judge

  • #16
    Registered User
    Novice (Lvl 1)

    Aranel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Paranoia, just south of Confusion.
    Posts
    165

    ° Ignore Aranel
    Aranel was intentionally sitting the wrong way around on the large horse..thing. "Did he? I thought he got rather annoyed every time I made a comment about sprouts and dinner." She gave the middle-distance a dreamy look imagining a well made roast dinner with sprouts on the side...
    "Still, I can barely tell horse from poney so I am no judge of wheather he grew fond of my presence or not..."
    "I can kick, kiss or cry my way out of anything."
    "My accidental gay lover just called me a sexy kitten"~Vis
    "I'm in a relationship with an expiry date."-Mo

  • #17
    Living EN World Judge


    Uriel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    5,106

    ° Ignore Uriel
    OoC:Waiting for dpdx's Dwarf to join up...but, here goes.
    I brought this up in the other thread...Does anyone who has the Gold want to buy Cure potions <at the standard 50GP/CLW 1D8+1> ? Please do so now,if yo do. I allowed the others the option of buying 2 or 3 each.

    IC:Finally mounted up and ready, the Companions ride out, hoping to come to the Monestary as soon as possible. By Bron Bekkle's reckoning, with hard riding, you should make the Monestary before nightfall.
    Off ride the group, eating up as many miles as possible ere the rains get too heavy. Coming to a Roadwarden station (a different one, as there is one on each of the Four roads leading into the City), you refresh and feed the horses a bit, as well as share tea and biscuits with the Roadwardens there, who seem a likeable lot, all-in-all.
    One of the Wardens mentions rumours of more troubles to the North, farmsteads raized, merchants disappearing and some talk of Giants, though he aughs at this, saying that there hasn't been a Giant spotted in these parts for twenty years...

    OoC:ANyone wish to engage in questions,conversation? These folks are one of the best sources of rumours and info regarding the surrounding area, though often colored with their opinions and superstitions.
    Iconic DMing-Addicted ENWorlder
    Living ENWorld Judge

  • #18
    Registered User
    Novice (Lvl 1)

    dpdx's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Naples, FL
    Posts
    2,036

    ° Ignore dpdx
    Rurik, going as fast as his little legs (and a 20' movement rate) will carry him, arrives at Bron Bekkle's, and is matched up with a second pony, this one black. Barely there in time, he makes his introductions while underway. Rurik has little experience with healing magic, and so wouldn't think to buy a potion. (Rurik figgers that the best way to stay healthy is to get hit on the fat part of the armor.)

    "Rurik Axebender, at yer service. I do a bit o' fightin', and smithin'. Rinaldo the Spiceman said ye could use the help, so off I went..."

    Rurik repeats a variation of this to everyone in the group, though he is happiest to see other dwarves, and will engage in light conversation the whole time, up to and including the Roadwarden station. [Rurik's sheet is posted if you want to read the appearance/background. He'll happily tell any of that background information to any of his new "friends."]

    Once at the Roadwarden station, he'll simply listen, and try to gain a thorough understanding of the mission. Rurik seems particularly happy that they'll be fightin' orcs.
    Last edited by dpdx; Wednesday, 22nd October, 2003 at 03:50 AM.
    Recovering PBP Fiend

  • #19
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    Guilt Puppy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    1,559

    ° Ignore Guilt Puppy
    Sturm watches the new dwarf's introduction with no small enthusiasm. "The Gods ye praise'm," he mutters, "fer once the'll be someone what I can und'rstand a word it's sayin'."

    At the Roadwarden Station, he approaches Rurik a bit sheepishly (that is, sheepishly by Sturm's standards

    "Oi! Can I pull a favor out of ye? I need'n write a letter, 'fore we get too far out in the big ole ugly, 'n me writin' hand's still all swole up from when I shoved it in the bees-hive. Ye just need'n write what I say's all, in a proper-lookin' Dwarven."

    He pulls out a few folded papers (which are becoming ever more a wad of papers in his pack), and an inkpen, gripping them hard and holding them out to the dwarf, brows raised in question.

  • #20
    Registered User
    Novice (Lvl 1)

    Aranel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Paranoia, just south of Confusion.
    Posts
    165

    ° Ignore Aranel
    Aranel had ended up clinging to Telerin slightly, muttering. "Now there are two of them!" she said quietly.
    She did like Dwarves, but usually couldn't understand a word they said until they said it very slowly and in a clear voice. And Dwarvish didn't sound all that nice to her pointy ears...in fact it was rather grating. And she could never tell if she was talking to a male or female...

    Though she was thankful that this journey had many more normal sized people and less humans. Humans were sometimes even more incomprehensible than Dwarves, and far too tall.
    But once they were at the Roadwarden's station she slipped over to them almost shy-like.

    "Good day to you...sir Dwarves." She hazarded a guess and hoped they were Sir's...
    Then she hoped they liked Elves, she'd heard from...her parents probably, that not all Elves and Dwarves got along...
    "I can kick, kiss or cry my way out of anything."
    "My accidental gay lover just called me a sexy kitten"~Vis
    "I'm in a relationship with an expiry date."-Mo

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 1 of 20 1234567891011 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. [Adventure]The Eye of the Tiger(Judge: ???)
      By EvolutionKB in forum Living Eberron
      Replies: 588
      Last Post: Wednesday, 3rd August, 2011, 04:31 PM
    2. [Adventure] A Boy and His Dog (DM: stonegod; Judge: r1)
      By stonegod in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 475
      Last Post: Tuesday, 4th January, 2011, 11:39 PM
    3. [Adventure]: Stormcrow Tor (Judge: THB)
      By Velmont in forum Living Eberron
      Replies: 816
      Last Post: Tuesday, 13th July, 2010, 08:17 PM
    4. [Adventure] The Second Day of Mourning (Judge: renau1g)
      By Kalidrev in forum Living Eberron
      Replies: 1003
      Last Post: Thursday, 4th March, 2010, 05:54 PM
    5. (Adventure) Retrieval of Fallon's Key (Macbeth Judging)
      By Mithreander in forum Living EN World
      Replies: 494
      Last Post: Sunday, 22nd August, 2004, 05:18 AM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •