(Adventure) The Monestary of Saint Feragon <Judge:Macbeth>

Aranel

First Post
"Well that does it." Aranel muttered quietly. "If the Dwarf gets sprout I'm riding with you Telerin." She smiled over to the Dwarf. "Well met, I'm Aranel." She greeted.

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
OoC:Folks...you all sort of dashed off without a very important consideration. Healing Potions. 50GP a pop for Cure Light Wounds 1D8+1.tandard prices. :et's say that there were 2 or 3 easily available per person. Things are going t get much more deadly as this story/and games, i would assume progress. Let me know and deduct the GP, thanks. There was time to make a quick stop at the appropriate shop between the last and this one.

Guilt Puppy

First Post
Sturm sizes up the pony. "Hrm... O'ergrown 'ound's what ye look like... But like'n to beat walkin', I'd gut..." He goes up, and stares the animal down, eye to eye. "You gonna be a stubborn one, are ye? Hm?"

Eventually he settles on it. "Alright, 'ound, ye can come with me. But ye'll need a better name'n Sprout, fer blood's sake." He thinks for a moment. "How's Shawggi suit ye? 'twas me ole mum's name, so you best do it proudly."

He turns back to the tracker. "How much for the beast?"

(OOC -- Sturm doesn't have enough gold for a potion, and aside from that, I don't think he'd bother. He'll learn to depend on the cleric if the going gets rough enough... I'll do what I can to keep him alive, and help the party, but beyond that, I'll take my chances. It's worth it to risk losing a character I like, that he might have that sory of dangerous, colorful history should he survive.

Also, I am completely aware of the fact that he just named a male pony after his mother. :) )

Telerin nodded to Aranel, "Climb up then."
Whitefang was slowly sniffing his way around the others, being careful and trying not to scare them. Telerin did have to tell them that the wolf was only getting used to them, and wouldn't hurt anyone...hopefully.

((Telerin doesn't exactly have enough money for potions either. Here's my prepared spells:
Druid Spells Prepared(4/3):
0-lvl(DC 13): Create Water, Detect Magic, Light, Read Magic
1-lvl(DC 14): Cure Light Wounds, Produce Flame, Speak With Animals))

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
Guilt Puppy said:
Sturm sizes up the pony. "Hrm... O'ergrown 'ound's what ye look like... But like'n to beat walkin', I'd gut..." He goes up, and stares the animal down, eye to eye. "You gonna be a stubborn one, are ye? Hm?"

Eventually he settles on it. "Alright, 'ound, ye can come with me. But ye'll need a better name'n Sprout, fer blood's sake." He thinks for a moment. "How's Shawggi suit ye? 'twas me ole mum's name, so you best do it proudly."

He turns back to the tracker. "How much for the beast?"

(OOC -- Sturm doesn't have enough gold for a potion, and aside from that, I don't think he'd bother. He'll learn to depend on the cleric if the going gets rough enough... I'll do what I can to keep him alive, and help the party, but beyond that, I'll take my chances. It's worth it to risk losing a character I like, that he might have that sory of dangerous, colorful history should he survive.

Also, I am completely aware of the fact that he just named a male pony after his mother. :) )

Laughing at the Pony's expression of annoyance, bron says 'Aye there,Master Dwarf. I'm afraid 'ave grown rather found of Sprout, as a name and as a fine pony whut pulls his weight an' more. I couldn't seel him, though i don mind'ye ridin 'im fer this little adventure. I kin recommend many a good pony from reputable tradesmen, truth be know, I think he's annoyed thet lady Aranel isn't on 'es back, as he took a shine to 'er last time we went out...'

Aranel

First Post
Aranel was intentionally sitting the wrong way around on the large horse..thing. "Did he? I thought he got rather annoyed every time I made a comment about sprouts and dinner." She gave the middle-distance a dreamy look imagining a well made roast dinner with sprouts on the side...
"Still, I can barely tell horse from poney so I am no judge of wheather he grew fond of my presence or not..."

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
OoC:Waiting for dpdx's Dwarf to join up...but, here goes.
I brought this up in the other thread...Does anyone who has the Gold want to buy Cure potions <at the standard 50GP/CLW 1D8+1> ? Please do so now,if yo do. I allowed the others the option of buying 2 or 3 each.

IC:Finally mounted up and ready, the Companions ride out, hoping to come to the Monestary as soon as possible. By Bron Bekkle's reckoning, with hard riding, you should make the Monestary before nightfall.
Off ride the group, eating up as many miles as possible ere the rains get too heavy. Coming to a Roadwarden station (a different one, as there is one on each of the Four roads leading into the City), you refresh and feed the horses a bit, as well as share tea and biscuits with the Roadwardens there, who seem a likeable lot, all-in-all.
One of the Wardens mentions rumours of more troubles to the North, farmsteads raized, merchants disappearing and some talk of Giants, though he aughs at this, saying that there hasn't been a Giant spotted in these parts for twenty years...

OoC:ANyone wish to engage in questions,conversation? These folks are one of the best sources of rumours and info regarding the surrounding area, though often colored with their opinions and superstitions.

dpdx

Explorer
Rurik, going as fast as his little legs (and a 20' movement rate) will carry him, arrives at Bron Bekkle's, and is matched up with a second pony, this one black. Barely there in time, he makes his introductions while underway. Rurik has little experience with healing magic, and so wouldn't think to buy a potion. (Rurik figgers that the best way to stay healthy is to get hit on the fat part of the armor.)

"Rurik Axebender, at yer service. I do a bit o' fightin', and smithin'. Rinaldo the Spiceman said ye could use the help, so off I went..."

Rurik repeats a variation of this to everyone in the group, though he is happiest to see other dwarves, and will engage in light conversation the whole time, up to and including the Roadwarden station. [Rurik's sheet is posted if you want to read the appearance/background. He'll happily tell any of that background information to any of his new "friends."]

Once at the Roadwarden station, he'll simply listen, and try to gain a thorough understanding of the mission. Rurik seems particularly happy that they'll be fightin' orcs.

Last edited:

Guilt Puppy

First Post
Sturm watches the new dwarf's introduction with no small enthusiasm. "The Gods ye praise'm," he mutters, "fer once the'll be someone what I can und'rstand a word it's sayin'."

At the Roadwarden Station, he approaches Rurik a bit sheepishly (that is, sheepishly by Sturm's standards:)

"Oi! Can I pull a favor out of ye? I need'n write a letter, 'fore we get too far out in the big ole ugly, 'n me writin' hand's still all swole up from when I shoved it in the bees-hive. Ye just need'n write what I say's all, in a proper-lookin' Dwarven."

He pulls out a few folded papers (which are becoming ever more a wad of papers in his pack), and an inkpen, gripping them hard and holding them out to the dwarf, brows raised in question.

Aranel

First Post
Aranel had ended up clinging to Telerin slightly, muttering. "Now there are two of them!" she said quietly.
She did like Dwarves, but usually couldn't understand a word they said until they said it very slowly and in a clear voice. And Dwarvish didn't sound all that nice to her pointy ears...in fact it was rather grating. And she could never tell if she was talking to a male or female...

Though she was thankful that this journey had many more normal sized people and less humans. Humans were sometimes even more incomprehensible than Dwarves, and far too tall.
But once they were at the Roadwarden's station she slipped over to them almost shy-like.

"Good day to you...sir Dwarves." She hazarded a guess and hoped they were Sir's...
Then she hoped they liked Elves, she'd heard from...her parents probably, that not all Elves and Dwarves got along...

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases