Please critique my Summon Monster spreadsheet

paranoid

Thought I'd share this with you, I find it helpful. I created this because I always found it ardous to calculate the final stats of summonable monsters time and again. Ever tried to find out the poison save DC for a gargantuan fiendish monstrous scorpion that was summoned by someone with the augment summoning feat in the heat of a battle? Then you should try out this customizable, printable sheet where everything is done for you already (heh, sounds like I try to sell you something, but believe me, it's free :D).

If you are interested, please try it out and post any critique, suggestions for improvement or errors into this thread or to the e-mail address provided in the spreadsheet.

[EDIT: newest version attached]

-p.

Attachments

• Bastian's Monster Summoning Sheet v102.zip
    101.7 KB · Views: 935
Last edited:

Dr.Dan

First Post
Just for the record, I despise MS Excel. I just downloaded your sheet (looks nice, BTW) and accidentally changed some formula while looking around. I couldn't undo more than one step back, so I tried to quit the program without saving the changes. IT WOULDN'T LET ME QUIT!!! It kept displaying the message, "you can't quit Microsoft Excel." Grrrrrr!

Last edited:

Storminator

First Post
Dr.Dan said:
Just for the record, I despise MS Excel. I just downloaded your sheet (looks nice, BTW) and accidentally changed some formula while looking around. I couldn't undo more than one step back, so I tried to quit the program without saving the changes. IT WOULDN'T LET ME QUIT!!! It kept displaying the message, "you can't quit Microsoft Excel." Grrrrrr!

CTRL-ALT-Delete... End Task....

PS

edited to hide my own stupidity...

Last edited:

paranoid

KeithHays said:
Looks good! Oughta get that first period out of the filename, though. It doesn't save as a zip file that way.

Thanks!

Thanks for the hint, filename changed.

Storminator said:
CTRL-ALT-Delete... End Task....
That would certainly do it. I thought about write-protecting the whole spreadsheet in order to prevent accidental editing, but decided against that, I didn't want to incapacitate you folks... But if bad comes to worse and you can't undo, just download the file again. :)

cheers,

-p.

Chacal

First Post
paranoid said:
I thought about write-protecting the whole spreadsheet in order to prevent accidental editing, but decided against that, I didn't want to incapacitate you folks...

I believe you can write protect the zones with formulas without putting a password. This way It doesn't incapacitate anyone.

Thanks for the time and efforts !
Staroffice isn't converting it completely so I'll Check it later with Excel.

Chacal

gfunk

First Post
The damage for the Elder Eath elemental should be 2d10+11, but that's minor.

Otherwise, very good job. Personally, I'm still kind of surprised at the utility and power of Summon Nature's Ally over Summon Monster.

Pielorinho

Iron Fist of Pelor
Very cool! A couple suggestions:
-Put a fieldname row across the top and lock it.
-Apply light shading to every other row, to make it easier to follow one record all the way across.

Daniel

Remove ads