Please critique my Summon Monster spreadsheet

paranoid

[Edited attachment on my initial post to the most updated version]

KnightFever said:
Nice and handy spreadsheet. Any plan to do the same with Nature's Ally spells ?
Plan - yes, time - not in the moment... But hopefully at some timepoint in the future...

Chacal said:
I believe you can write protect the zones with formulas without putting a password. This way It doesn't incapacitate anyone.
Unfortunately, if I write protect the whole sheet, one cannot select something from the drop-down menus anymore. The solution would be to protect only certain areas, but I don't know how. Any ideas?

gfunk said:
The damage for the Elder Eath elemental should be 2d10+11, but that's minor.
Yeah, I was wondering already where I could buy a d11... :D Thanks!

Pielorinho said:
-Put a fieldname row across the top and lock it.
Sorry, I don't get what you suggest. Perhaps it's because I'm using the german Excel version and all functions have other names. I already locked the first row on the "Summon Monster table", so that you can always see it if you scroll down. Or do you mean on the print-out? If yes, can you please tell me how to do it, that would be cool.

Pielorinho said:
-Apply light shading to every other row, to make it easier to follow one record all the way across.
Excellent Idea, done!

thanks for all the input, keep it coming!
-p.

Silveras

First Post
Tip and Comment

Tip: To repeat the header rows on all printed pages, File|Page Setup, select the Sheet tab, and there are boxes for "Rows to repeat at top" and "Columns to repeat at left".

Comment: I like the layout, and it is nice to have the standard options pre-calculated.

paranoid

[Editet initial post attachment to newest version]

Silveras said:
Tip: To repeat the header rows on all printed pages, File|Page Setup, select the Sheet tab, and there are boxes for "Rows to repeat at top" and "Columns to repeat at left".

Ah - THERE is the option I was looking for! Thanks a lot! :cool:

-p.

gariig

First Post
If you pick augmnet summoning does it change all of the damage, tohits, HP, saves, etc? It didn't seem like it, but maybe I was missing something.

Gariig

paranoid

gariig said:
If you pick augmnet summoning does it change all of the damage, tohits, HP, saves, etc? It didn't seem like it, but maybe I was missing something.

A.S. changes all of the damages (the amount varies depending on whether it's a primary, secondary or solitary natural weapon) and HP. Regarding saves, only the Fort save is changed... :) The to-hit bonuses are not changed if the monster has weapon finesse (and a higher Dex than Str score after application of A.S.).
Perhaps you didn't recalculate the sheet? If you change something on the Caster Info page (including picking A.S.), remember to select "True" again in the upper left-hand corner of the Summon Monster table.

-p.

gariig

First Post
I must be kind of dumb. I can't figure out where any of your calculations are done. If you want to keep this a secret, that is fine. I was going to poke around at the feasability of adding onto it.

Gariig

Last edited:

paranoid

gariig said:
I must be kind of dumb. I can't figure out where any of your calculations are done. If you want to keep this a secret, that is fine. I was going to poke around at the feasability of adding onto it.

Sorry if I was unclear. I don't want to keep anything secret. The augment summoning calculations are NOT calculated on the sheet, I pre-calculated them and just typed them as plain text into each cell. Basically, there are two rows for each monster, one with a.s. and one without (you can see them if you select "All" on the drop-down menu on the summon monster sheet). It might have been more elegant to let Excel calculate every to-hit and dmg bonus, but I just didn't deem the effort necessary :) .

-p.

Pielorinho

Iron Fist of Pelor
paranoid said:
Sorry, I don't get what you suggest. Perhaps it's because I'm using the german Excel version and all functions have other names. I already locked the first row on the "Summon Monster table", so that you can always see it if you scroll down. Or do you mean on the print-out? If yes, can you please tell me how to do it, that would be cool.
Hmm -- I just looked at the most recent version, and the headers were locked after all. Maybe in poking around the original version I managed to delete the first row or something.

Great resource -- thanks!
Daniel

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases