(IR) The 3rd IR, Turn 5 (thread 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anabstercorian

First Post
I'm logging off for the night

Really. Let me know how that whole mind-seeding thing goes tomorrow.

This has been one of the coolest evenings of my life. Thanks, Edena, and thanks to everyone else!

Oh, BTW, I've gained 30 levels since the beginning. My PL should rise to 5, or 25 with the staff.

Serpenteye

First Post
Since the Union of Oerth has always had double arms races (because we are two players) we should perhaps get a double simulacrums race as well. If we do we create 10 Kas copies and 10 God Emperors.

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
Darkness, what are you doing to protect yourself from the intrusions of your neighbors?

- - -

Looks happy that Kaboom is satisfied. :)

Last edited:

Mr. Draco

First Post
Kas finishes looking over the report.

"Nay Enaroril, they are far too different. But perhaps Asica has discovered something in her searches regarding the recent string of rumors."

(Edena, email me what information is confirmed, if any so far, rather than post it)

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
All foreign diplomats will are - for now - endlessly delayed and (secretly) watched closely.

Our borders are also monitored closely and anyone appearing to be an agent of another power will be sent home on grounds of some technicality or with some excuse like "holy festivals; come back in a month," "we have a plague," "the roads aren't safe," "you forgot to declare that you are carrying [insert item here] and so we have to send you back." or, if all else fails, they are also delayed endlessly.

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Kessel sits down in his most familiar office, and consults with the rest of the Lortmils staff.

"Concerning the situation with the one known to us as Darkness. There has been rumor that he has been kidnapped."

"The FBI has managed to dredge up some reports from our allies concerning that," David GnomeWorks says, throwing a folder onto a long oak table. "That rumor has been confirmed in several ways."

Kessel nods. "Very well, then. Mary, Mordan - what can we do about this?"

Mordan Kikane is the first to speak up. "The technology we have come up with from downstairs could be limited in it's usefulness in a hostage situation. We've got lots of technology that can hit large areas, but nothing too selective. We'll work on coming up with something, though. If anything, we have the warbots."

Mary Hutchinson nods at Mordan's words, and turns to Kessel once the technological advisor is finished. "We have the military to support any covert operations going into the Baklunish Confederation. We can give anyone else going in sufficient backup to let them get in, get the guy we're after, and get out. If necessary, I think that it would be possible to drop a few antimatter missiles..."

Diane Rethark interrupts. "No. No antimatter. The area covered there is too large. We cannot risk anything large scale here."

"Very well, nuclear advisor." Mary says with a wave of her hand. "No antimatter. However, I think that we have sufficient manpower to back up the Archcleric in whatever manner he requires."

Kessel nods. "It's settled, then. I will contact the cleric now."

Kessel sends a telepathic message to Archcleric Hazen of the Kevellond League.

<<Greetings, my friend and ally. My advisors believe that we can assist you in the mission to help the one known as Darkness. How much of our manpower do you require for this operation?>>

Serpenteye

First Post
I still suspect the lava lake of Sunndi is where the secret firelander base is located. It is the place in the Flannaes most similar to Fireland. Expeditions and divinations continue. The Union salamanders and Efreeti are sent into the lake to search it thoroughly.

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
Well, may I point out that the lava lake is completely opaque?
You cannot see into it. You cannot see into it's depths.

Your efreeti and salamanders who go in find nothing.
But if it could not be scried with 10th level magic, do you think it would be that easy to physically locate?

William Ronald

Explorer
(Gnomeworks: Shyntara Starfire is the PC of Darkness, though I suppose IN CHARACTER that Darkness is a codename or nickname. Now you know why I created an NPC William Ronald:D)

<Kessel, I believe a heavily armed elite strike team is needed. We should have the location soon.>
(Edena: Let me know when I have it. I e-mailed Kalanyr for help, but he may be off line - or even asleep.)

A message is sent to the Oerth Alliance member nations, the Union of Oerth, and the Empire of Malachai, as well as the powers controlled by Valkys, Festy Dog, and the Forsaken One:

"We believe that the Black Brotherhood is behind these actions. I suggest that all of us hunt for their agents who may hide near our leadership."

I begin a ruthless hunt for Black Brotherhood agents in my area.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases