(IR) The 3rd IR, Turn 5 (thread 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
Spies working for your Powers the Sky-Sea League report they have created a new monster.

When it is hit in battle, it splits in two, and both monsters attack.
Then, when they are hit, they split into four monsters, and attack.

It would appear the Sky-Sea League has figured out how to create an army of Nilbogs, or Nilbog-like creatures.

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
Edena_of_Neith said:

It would appear the Solistarim have picked up and vanished.
10th level scrying will not find them.

Anabstercorian, is not located.
Heh. Reading that it wouldn't have helped anyhow makes me a little less sad that I don't have access 10th level magic. :p

Anabstercorian does gain 20 levels, for the 5 million men and women of the Eternal Empire of Oerth he just killed.
This will be a real contender for "coolest quote of turn 5" I guess. :cool:

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
When the news of the disaster in the Godspires reaches the top military of the Eternal Empire, the entire military rises in revolt.

In a coup, the civilian government thrown out of power, their leadership is arrested, and a greater part of their number are executed for treason.
All laws are suspended, martial law is declared, and the military assumes power.

They cite the UTTER INCOMPETENCE of the civilian leadership, in allowing SAVAGES to massacre 5 million of their people, as reason for this.

The result is that the United Commonwealth is forced to go on Red Alert, for their is widespread commotion, and then civil war, in the Eternal Empire.

The new government of the Eternal Empire sends no new troops to Oerth.
The army on AnaKeris, unable to retreat home, entrenches, setting up massive psionic defenses against the suspected attack that killed their brethren, along with every other conceivable defense they can contrive.

- - -

A footnote: And you were worried about Acererak? LOL.

Last edited:

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Diane Rethark speaks up in reply to the Union's request, before Kessel can speak.

"We have the nuclear warheads to facilitate your request. We feel that we owe this much to you, at least. We will begin production of your five nuclear warheads at once." Rethark then heads off deeper into the city. "Kessel, I am assuming that they gave you the coordinates - don't tell anyone but me, and only if and when I ask for them!" She yells at him from down a hallway.

---

Kessel attempts to contact the Eternal Empire of Toril, if at all possible.

<<Greetings and salutations. I am Kessel GnomeWorks, representative of the Lortmils Technomancy.>>

<<We are the nation that the Illithid Anabstercorian attacked using the missiles from your base on Oerth. Although we have survived, I am afraid that your base - which was moved to the Godspires - has been completely destroyed and nothing remains.>>

<<We feel that we are partly responsible for what has happened here. If we had not threatened to use our nuclear capabilities to remove your base from Oerth, less of this would have happened. I cannot account for how much of Anabstercorian's actions would have changed. But I can say that our part in this mess was foolish.>>

<<However, we do not contact you simply to say this much. We have some interesting things down here on Oerth, in which you would be very interested. We have discovered technologies which are not available even on Toril.>>

<<The one known as Forrester may have told you of a place known as the 'City of the Gods', down here on Oerth. We in the Lortmils have uncovered another one, that is completely intact, beneath our nation. You are free to come and research these technologies along side our scientists, if you so desire.>>

<<But that is not the end of our compensation for you. We also offer to hunt down the Illithid Anabstercorian, whom it seems that you hunt down for reasons that apply in Torillian courts. We will find him for you, so that you will not have to worry about the matter. We will seek him out, find him, and deliver him to your world, wherever you want him.>>

<<We believe that our offerings to you make up for our past actions in the recent day or two. We apologize profusely unto you. However, we understand that you are a wise and tolerable people, and hope that you accept our offerings.>>

William Ronald

Explorer
An appeal is sent to the United Commonwealth of Toril, directly to President Forrester and Prime Minister Erika Lesage.

"Anabstercorian is now responsible for the deaths of 5 million citizens of Toril and the pollution of parts of Oerth. We urge you - who possess 10th level magic - to act and stop this terrorist."

"He is of your world. We respectfully suggest that you aid the Eternal Empire in this hour be helping to find and stop Anabstercorian."

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
The new military leadership of the Eternal Empire replies:

If you are able to locate the true Anabstercorian, and bring him to the Torilian Border Guard for delivery to us ...

We will pay unto the Lortmil Technomancy one third of our treasury of adamantium.
This being of an amount equal to 50 tons.

Do to our current situation, we cannot open an Embassy in your country ... we are in a state of war at home.
We regret this unprovoked attack on you, and the Eternal Empire sends it's apologies to all your peoples, and all the peoples of Oerth.

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
Edena_of_Neith said:
If you are able to locate the true Anabstercorian, and bring him to the Torilian Border Guard for delivery to us ...
Dead? Alive? Undead? Any of these conditions?

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
News has arrived.

The Baklunish Confederation (Darkness) has allied with Acererak (Maudlin.)

- - -

Any condition will do, so long as Anabstercorian is actually helpless in one of them.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads