(IR) The 3rd IR, Turn 5 (thread 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
Congratulations, GnomeWorks.

The Lortmil Technomancy, has just been saved ... by Serpenteye.

The archmages and archmagistresses of the Union of Oerth are able to teleport in and redirect the missiles into space, where they explode harmlessly, forming glittering stars in the sky.

Last edited:

William Ronald

Explorer
I tell them that several of their missiles detonated in the Solistarim area. (I tell them everything that has happened.)

Launched and not gated missiles are coming towards the Lortmils. I cannot find Anabstercorian. Please destroy your missiles.

PLEASE! For the sake of both our worlds, stop the missiles!

Mr. Draco

First Post
Ok, i'm finally caught up.

Three things right now:

1) How did the eternal empire receive the delegation from the Union of Oerth. If Forrester still has not allowed them access to Toril, then they will make arrangements to meet with the EE force in AnaKeri (that one is still under their control right?)

2) The Union of Oerth offers to evacuate the populations of the natives on AnaKeri should they request it.

3) The faction map is still wrong. The territory lost by Maudlin last turn should be Union Purple. This includes the Lordship of the Isles, the Tilvanot peninsula, Hempmonaland, the lava pool, the Iron Hills, Onnwall, Idee, all of it.

(Edena, let me know if anything else is discovered regarding my emails...)

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
Edena_of_Neith said:
Uh ... Darkness, interesting thing.

The High Command of the Eternal Empire were the only people you could communicate with.
OOC: I know. :)

Now that they are dead, you are suddenly in telepathic contact with the ACTUAL Eternal Empire, which is on Toril.

They are frantically trying to contact their force.

They find you instead, and demand to know WHAT IS GOING ON?
WHAT'S HAPPENING?
Most invincible majesty! Things are very confused. The squid-brain, Anabstercorian, seems to be causing much distress. We were in contact with your High Command here on Oerth, but they now are apparently dead, slain by the hands of the illithid.
But there is a more immediate problem: The Lortmils Technomancy is attacked by missiles - probably fired by Anabstercorian. We humbly plead you to use your unimaginable power to stop these missiles while there still is time. When this most dangerous crisis has been resolved, investigations will be much easier. We trust in your limitless wisdom.

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
"Holy crap." Kessel breathes out quietly. "Our arses just got saved."

"Leaders of the Union of Oerth," Kessel says once he has regained his composure. "We are incredibly in your debt. We thank you for your extremely generous act of kindness. I assure you that, from now on, we shall never consider you an enemy - nor shall you ever be called 'evil' by one of the Lortmils."

"In what way can the Lortmils repay you?"

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
The army of the Eternal Empire on AnaKeri is in a state of severe shock.

You would be in severe shock too, if you learned half your army just deliberately committed nuclear suicide.
Without communicating with you, without any communication at all, without any reason given, and most CERTAINLY NOT because High Command ordered it!

William Ronald

Explorer
(I write and Serpenteye posts. Smart move.)

To the Eternal Empire of Toril: The Union of Oerth, our ally in the fight against the Church of Shade and Acerak, has stopped your missiles. Anabstercorian seems to be behind these events. He holds the staff of Penumbra. I believe he seeks to provoke war between Oerth and Toril to gain his revenge. Perform your divininations and determine the truth of what has occurred.

"I offer my services in investigating this matter. Also, we suspect some contact between the Church of Shade, Anabstercorian, and Acereak. We forward this evidence to you."

To the God Emperor of the Union of Oerth: "Valiantly done, God Emperor of the Union of Oerth! You saved an ally in his time of need. I suggest that we focus our efforts on the utter annihilation of our mutual enemies."

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
We will scry the destroyed area with everything we have available (but not with wishes, of course). This information will be shared with the Eternal Empire, GnomeWorks, and the Kevellond League.

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
Well folks, you do an intensive scrying of the Godspires.
There is considerable damage at the surface, but little damage below.

There, below, are the great cities of the Solistarim, their endless network of caves and tunnels, their secret chambers and experimental rooms, their libraries and research centers, their communal holdings, everything.

It is all empty.
Not a single person is there.
Everything of value, is gone.

It would appear the Solistarim have picked up and vanished.
10th level scrying will not find them.

Anabstercorian, is not located.

(Anabstercorian does gain 20 levels, for the 5 million men and women of the Eternal Empire of Oerth he just killed.
He would have doubled that, if the Lortmil Technomancy had been hit.)

Last edited:

Serpenteye

First Post
GnomeWorks said:
"Holy crap." Kessel breathes out quietly. "Our arses just got saved."

"Leaders of the Union of Oerth," Kessel says once he has regained his composure. "We are incredibly in your debt. We thank you for your extremely generous act of kindness. I assure you that, from now on, we shall never consider you an enemy - nor shall you ever be called 'evil' by one of the Lortmils."

"In what way can the Lortmils repay you?"

"We ask for one think only. That you deliver to us five of your atomic bombs to a secret (and temporary) Union base in the deep Astral as a replacement for the bomb that was sabotaged. Then our debts to each others can be considered settled for all future and a peaceful cooperation between our two nations can be undertaken, with a mutual exchange of technology.
If you do not accept this we shall not hold it against you. We did what we did for the sake of the people of Oerth to help build a lasting peace."

The coordinates to the base is sent telepathically from the God-Emperor to Kessel, heavily protected and encoded.

The key to the code is sent in a separate transmission from Hepmonaland by Solea Teprices, high matriarch of the Church of Aerdi.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases