[OOC] A Game of Trust

Guilt Puppy

First Post
Honestly, I haven't been waiting for dpdx - I've just been inattentive. I haven't lost my motivation for the game, exactly, it's just dropped too far down my list of priorities to keep going.

I'll write an epilogue when I get the chance - I want to say within the next week or so, but who knows. It'll wrap up the game, perhaps not to everyone's satisfaction. Part of me wants to leave some options for the game to be resumed if that ever seems reasonable; mostly I just want to be true to the story I've had in mind thus far, rather than forcing a clean resolution. I'd only thought of the letters as being the first part of the story arc, but it looks like we won't get to see the rest play out.

Perhaps down the line we can get back together and continue along. Or, if anyone wants to try DMing further into the story, I'd be more than happy to see that. It doesn't sit well with me to see these characters put away forever.

Thanks everyone for your time, dedication, creativity, enthusiasm, appreciation, and a hundred other things that made this game exceptional. It's been a lot of fun and very fulfilling over the years to DM it. I'm glad to see that so many have enjoyed it as well. I hope I'll run into everyone again down the line, but until then, I wish the best of everything to all of you.

doghead

thotd
Well, not really what I was hoping to hear. But I understand where you are coming from GP.

It has been a great game, and so thank you to everyone, past and present who has contributed to making it so.

This was my last active game at ENWorld. But who knows what the future will bring. So I bid you all au revoir and wish you all the best.

doghead
aka thotd

dpdx

Explorer
Such kind words. Such great people. Such great characters. Such an excellent game. It deserves a proper conclusion.

I hope you accept my apology, and that my long absence didn't happen on purpose.

I honestly need to catch up. After I do, I'll post IC.

But mostly, thanks, y'all. And I think I know where Fendric's going when this is all done. In fact, I've known it since our party stopped there. We'll just see if he makes it. :)

Sparky

To all my PbP friends (whether you're from the US or not), I am grateful that I get to share D&D with folks near and far. Thanks for your time and the creative spirit that makes this hobby great!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Remove ads