[OOC] A Game of Trust

dpdx

Explorer
Okay, then. We'll miss you. But I'm a little unsure about who's in and who's still waiting, then. I'm glad it's Guilt Puppy's problem, and not mine. :)

I suppose that even if I'm a wandering monk, the realization that I'd gone much farther than I intended to go would unsettle me enough to retrace my steps a bit. Maybe that's the hook you use to exit gracefully, I dunno.

But good luck with your other stuff.

Festy_Dog

First Post
Aww, goin' already? Nurthk will be waiting for Xiao to show up again, when the time is right. ;)

doghead said:
As I read your reply I was really tempted to stay (especially as Xiao has just earned a place in Festy Dog's sig :D )

Rest assured he'll remain there, I've been looking for a very long time for a good quote to put in my sig. :D

Last edited:

Lu Wei Fong

First Post
Also, I play a Monk (name of Tao Shi Sung) and could proably fill his shoes nicely :D
However, I understand that others have first pick, just letting you know I'm still around, thanks :)

Guilt Puppy

First Post
doghead: I'll be sending an email off to Mith, then... Sorry to see you go; I'd personally love to argue it some more, but I don't want to draw out your decision any more than is needed.

Two things:

- First, of course I'll leave it open for Xiao to come back. If at any time you feel ready to get re-involved in the game, just post here or send me an email; if there's space, you're right back in, and if not, you're bumped to the head of the line.

- Second, since you are going to be around the boards, if you could continue posting long enough to reach Xiao's exit (this current situation is nearing its resolution, I think), that would really save me a lot of trouble... One thing I can never quite come to grips with is auto-piloting a character's exit. Part of me wants to do it quickly and quietly, but then I don't want to underplay its significance to the other characters... Anyway, it would be much appreciated if you could stick around that long.

As an aside, I'd just like to mention how much that "0 for 6" thread drives me nuts... I haven't read it much in a while (the ratio of helpful suggestions to frustrated finger-pointing is improving)... I think I'll finally toss in my two cents, at this point. And it's not like I blame it for your leaving or anything, but since you brought it up, I thought I'd mention my thoughts :)

Lu Wei: Yep, Sparky's got dibs on that spot (her character should be introduced shortly; technically, I already consider her in the "seventh slot", which is always temporary.) The next time a character slot opens, though, there'll be another Temporary Slot 7 to work with -- meaning both you and Mith can join. I have no idea how long from now that will be, but I can send you an email when it comes along, if you like. (I hate sending emails, so understand that that's a great show of appreciation for the interest you've already shown in joining.)

Last edited:

Sparky

Guilt Puppy
(I hate sending emails, so understand that that's a great show of appreciation for the interest you've already shown in joining.)
...merf... where's the unsend-emails-to-Guilt-Puppy button?

I have a mail in to you that was a pre-emptive reply to your most recent reply. Meaning: I sent you two emails, the second ansering the question you asked in your reply to me. It should be waiting for you. Thanks. :)

Can't wait!

Lu Wei Fong

First Post
Guilt Puppy said:
Lu Wei: Yep, Sparky's got dibs on that spot (her character should be introduced shortly; technically, I already consider her in the "seventh slot", which is always temporary.) The next time a character slot opens, though, there'll be another Temporary Slot 7 to work with -- meaning both you and Mith can join. I have no idea how long from now that will be, but I can send you an email when it comes along, if you like. (I hate sending emails, so understand that that's a great show of appreciation for the interest you've already shown in joining.)
Thank you very much for the show of appreciation, I'm honored :) however, I don't want you to do something you hate on my account. I'll be checking back pretty often, so I could just as easily read a post if you'd prefer. Otherwise, again, thank you much. :)

doghead

thotd
Guilt Puppy

Go to go away for four days, so I probably won't have access til Saturday. I know you don't like autopiloting, but if an opportunity for Xiao to exit stage left comes up while I am away, feel free to use it.

the head of the dog

dpdx

Explorer
It's gonna suck to see Xiao go. Fendric liked him, and I liked his player. However:

Yes! Finally! I get to game with Sparky! I get to game with Sparky!

/me does happy dance.

Mithreander

Explorer
I don't mean to rain on anyones 'happy dance', but I saw that you mentioned my name a couple of times and was just wondering where that leaves Furgus?

Just let me know, here. I'm still reading this thread to keep touch with the game... so there is no need to send that dreaded email.

Oh, and I'm Troy... father of 3, foster parent of 2 (right now) more, owner of 2 cats, a dog and a parret in a pear tree... well, not the last, but I think it's only a matter of time.

Remove ads