Sorceror PrC's

sithramir

First Post
Any good PrC's for for sorceror's?

I'm making an 11th level eladree sorceror. Was hoping to get into something aside from just sorceror. Please throw ideas my way.

sithramir

First Post
BiggusGeekus said:
Incantrix from "Magic of Ferun" is always a favorite.

I guess I should have mentioned that was the one I didn't want to take. The ability that allows me to use metamagic feats is useless as I won't have any feats usable by the power. The no death spell thing is insane and the class is overpowered. I was hoping for something else.. Thanks though :)

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
No one will doubt your power if you are...

A Blessed of Mesos! :) If you want more info on the pr-class, email me.

Last edited:

gfunk

First Post
  • If you are willing to pick up the "Arcane Preparation" feat, then Mage of the Arcane Order is a great choice.
  • Dragon Disciple is certainly a possibility, albeit an underpowered one for casting.
  • Archmage is an optimal choice if you can manage to meet the tough pre-reqs.
  • Alienist, Acolyte of the Skin, and Elemental Savant can be picked up ~ 13rh level w/o house rules or with the "Education" feat from FRCS.
  • You could take a level of Fighter and then PrC into Eldritch Knight.

Jack Haggerty

First Post
gfunk said:
  • If you are willing to pick up the "Arcane Preparation" feat, then Mage of the Arcane Order is a great choice.

Who needs Arcane Preparation to use a spell pool? If memory serves, all it requires is an unused spell slot. Any PrC with a spell pool (Guild Mage of Waterdeep from Magic of Faerun is pretty good too) is excellent for a sorcerer... Gives them an exceeding amount of versatility.

Anabstercorian

First Post
Nightfall, Blessed of Mesos is TOTALLY broken. It's almost twice as powerful as a straight sorcerer! It gains a VERY powerful special ability every level and full spellcasting progression. How can you defend it?

sithramir

First Post
gfunk said:
  • Dragon Disciple is certainly a possibility, albeit an underpowered one for casting.
  • Archmage is an optimal choice if you can manage to meet the tough pre-reqs.
  • Alienist, Acolyte of the Skin, and Elemental Savant can be picked up ~ 13rh level w/o house rules or with the "Education" feat from FRCS.
  • You could take a level of Fighter and then PrC into Eldritch Knight.

I liked the idea of Eldritch knight but it'd make me quite weak using sorcerer and already having a +2 Level adjustment.

I don't really have feats to use unless its something i really like.

Alienest is a LONG time from me achieving since i can't use education feat.

Problem is that I wanted something that makes use of the +4 charisma i'm getting from my eladree template. I refuse to play a fighter type and we already have a cleric. Wizard seems a waste with all that charisma which made me want to keep sorceror or something similar.

Remove ads