Question from a CC2 Newbie

RavenSinger

First Post
I have just started learning CC2, and I am really enjoying the possiblities that open up with the program. My problem is that my primary campaign world takes place on the coast of a very large continent. So I start with the default landmass tool, and draw my coastline (starting and finishing beyond the border of the map) and then right click when I am done. The tool then proceeds to draw a random second line and fills land in between the two lines.

My question: How can I draw a coastline (preferably fractal) up and down the length of the page, and have just land to the east and just water to the west?

Thanks in advance,
Brian

s/LaSH

First Post
I've never used the software, but... is there any reason you can't just make a slightly larger map, leave edges where they lie, and trim it down after completion? Failing all else, import it into another program and crop it. Unless borders are an issue... in which case I have no idea.

Agamon

Adventurer
You need to create the entire land mass. You can draw the fractal costline, but when you get to the edge, you need follow the edge of the map (lock onto it to make it extact) until you reach the start point. Remember, the landmass is an object, not a line with color on one side. It takes a bit of practice, but after using it for a while you start to understand how it differs from programs like Paint and Photoshop.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases