LIVING GREYHAWK: DM's discussion group set up

Emirikol

Adventurer
Argent Silvermage said:
I Joined. I'm new to the RPGA but want to get more involved and eventualy DM at cons and such.

That's great. Play a few games first and start critiquing your judges on how you'd do things 'in your game' and don't be afraid to ask other DM's how they do things. I've noticed that the more I played and actually 'observed' the DM, the better I got as a DM.

jh

Endur

First Post
I agree.

The one nice thing about the LG campaign is that you can play with a lot of different GMs and get a lot of tips on style. I learned far more about GMing from watching other GMs than GMing myself.

One of the bad things (and there are several bad things) about the LG campaign is that you can play with a lot of different GMs and some of them are just learning. Some of the GMs are just terrible (including people who have been GMing for years and years), but the terrible ones are a minority.

Emirikol said:
That's great. Play a few games first and start critiquing your judges on how you'd do things 'in your game' and don't be afraid to ask other DM's how they do things. I've noticed that the more I played and actually 'observed' the DM, the better I got as a DM.

jh

Agamon

Adventurer
Endur said:
I agree.

The one nice thing about the LG campaign is that you can play with a lot of different GMs and get a lot of tips on style. I learned far more about GMing from watching other GMs than GMing myself.

One of the bad things (and there are several bad things) about the LG campaign is that you can play with a lot of different GMs and some of them are just learning. Some of the GMs are just terrible (including people who have been GMing for years and years), but the terrible ones are a minority.

Yep. My first LG game last year was actually my first game with a bunch of people I had only just met. Not only fun, but rewarding.

BTW, I just finished DMing Isles of Woe for some members of my club...all I'll say is: yikes. :)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases