English-Elvish-English Language Translations: Requests Welcome

qstor

Adventurer
Goddess FallenAngel said:
Thanks a bunch, Angcuru! That is one of the sites I had found myself. I just can't for the life of me find a fairly comprehensive site on the drow language. Oh well.... :)

Looks good..I'm going to save this thread...thanks Angcuru..

mike

Bloodsparrow

First Post
Angcuru said:
Oooh, flexibility in the translation.. That always helps.

I try. :D

Got another adjective you'd like to use? :)

First off, the translations you gave are really cool, and I'll prolly end up using them later. But let me explain a little about the character so you know what I'm going for.

The character is totally human, but on her father's side, way way back, there might have been an Elf or two. Her father is obsessed with their "elfin heritage" and strives to "live up to it". He's a real wannabe.

And she hates this. She also hates her name, Timkin, which, she jokes, is probably some obscure elfin dialect for "daughter of a man who desperately wishes to be an elf in the worst way". Which it isn't, of course, it's just the name of some, human, relative. And the character speaks Elf, so she'd know what that actually would be in that language.

Angcuru

First Post
Bloodsparrow said:
I try. :D

First off, the translations you gave are really cool, and I'll prolly end up using them later. But let me explain a little about the character so you know what I'm going for.

The character is totally human, but on her father's side, way way back, there might have been an Elf or two. Her father is obsessed with their "elfin heritage" and strives to "live up to it". He's a real wannabe.

And she hates this. She also hates her name, Timkin, which, she jokes, is probably some obscure elfin dialect for "daughter of a man who desperately wishes to be an elf in the worst way". Which it isn't, of course, it's just the name of some, human, relative. And the character speaks Elf, so she'd know what that actually would be in that language.

Let's see here...
Tinu en'edanfirimar ya saina merna' edhel. : Daughter of a mortal man who very much wishes to be an elf.
tee-nuu ahn-ay-dahn-fee-rih-mahr yah sina(as in eye) mayr-na ed-hel

I think that should do it. But that's perhaps a bit too broad to be used for a name. But at least she could use it when she wishes too.

Angcuru

First Post
blackshirt5 said:
Blasphemer
Broken Arrowed Healer
Winged Knight
no can do blasphemer

Broken Arrowed Healer =
Pillin'rusva Fallaner - Broken Arrow Healer
pih-lin-rus-vuh fall-ah-ner

Winged Knight =
Arohtarammavoite - Winged Noble Warrior
ahr-oh-tar-ahmmah-vwahtuh*
* uh=very slight, hardly noticable

BSF

Explorer
Hey Angcuru,
I'm looking for an Elvish translation for a horse name: Runs with Joy.

Basically, the horse enjoys getting out in the meadows and fields and just letting loose. So, anything pretty close would also work.

Thanks!

Remove ads