[OOC] Of Vile Darkness - Full

Rybaer

First Post
Okay, rough version of character is up. I have a good general background and personality worked up, but it'll be a while to get that posted. I tried to split out what can only be done in hybrid or tiger form by color...hope that's not too confusing. The numbers for a few things got a bit crazy, but I think they're all right. Let me know if you want an explanation on anything.

The two primary magic items I took/made up are intended to be usable in all three forms. If you feel I should pay a bit of a premium for that, it's no problem...I still have a few thousand in gold left to spend.

As for my wishlist, I'm open to ideas really. I like the idea of having a demonic pseudo-possessor or symbiont. I've toyed with the idea of having once been a good guy...and a form of possession would make for a good tragic tale. I'll leave it in your capable and imaginitive hands, Ray, and work with what you give me.

There are a couple weaknesses that I wouldn't mind shoring up a little. First, my AC is still a bit weak for high-level melee combat...especially given my sacrifice of 3 hit dice. (I'm not entirely sure how you handle that...I saw mention of ELC characters at the beginning of the thread.) Second, I have no ranged combat capacity whatsoever...though I kinda like that. Third, I will have some problems against anything with DR, unless it's really low. Uh, fourth I guess would be Will saves...but that's starting to get pretty far down the list.

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Rybear, looks good to me. the thing I'm curious to know is what do you think your AC should be... That's sort of wear mine is at right now.

Oh maybe an amulet of natural armor would be a good choice for you. :)

Galbraith

First Post
I'm going to go Fighter/Deepwood sniper. Character soon.

Sorry, Ray. I'm sure I would have noticed the difference if we had been face-to-face. :D

hrm... maybe not... I'm kinda dense sometimes... :(

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
I have idea for the symbiont route... probably going to be combining several magic items into one, and making it have its own personality, like an intelligent magical item. Best analogy would be Venom from the Spider-Man comics. Rybaer, since your magic tattoos really can't be destroyed without killing you (barring dispelling), how's about we do a 1.4 or something times the cost? Or 1.25 or something. I'll try to have your "rider" up later tonight along with Corinthi's items.

I'm glad that everyone has names for their magic items, keep it up! A brief 1-2 sentence history of how you aquired them would be cool too (and worth some XP).

Rybaer

First Post
Ray Silver said:
I have idea for the symbiont route... probably going to be combining several magic items into one, and making it have its own personality, like an intelligent magical item. Best analogy would be Venom from the Spider-Man comics. Rybaer, since your magic tattoos really can't be destroyed without killing you (barring dispelling), how's about we do a 1.4 or something times the cost? Or 1.25 or something. I'll try to have your "rider" up later tonight along with Corinthi's items.

I'm glad that everyone has names for their magic items, keep it up! A brief 1-2 sentence history of how you aquired them would be cool too (and worth some XP).

Sounds good - I'll get the price tweaked right up. How 'bout we split the difference and call it 21,000? Should be able to mix in the items with the background pretty easily.

Rybaer

First Post
Brother Shatterstone said:
Rybear, looks good to me. the thing I'm curious to know is what do you think your AC should be... That's sort of wear mine is at right now.

Well, I'm not certain what a "good" AC should be. I guess if I were to meet a copy of myself in melee, I'd hit on rolls of 4-6 or better. For a heavy melee type at this level...you know, modest magic armor, shield, plus other...maybe 25-28 range? I'm fully prepared to accept a lower AC, however, given my nature as a stealthy stalker type. Just gotta get the drop on the do-gooders.

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Rybaer said:
maybe 25-28 range?
Just remember not that many people have a plus 11 to their BAB via strength. For the rest of it I'm going to be closer to your than that... I seem to trade of power for the RP aspect at every turn. I should have my rough draft posted in a few minutes. I need to make sure to skills work out... (Again dropped power for the RP aspect. :) )

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Brother Shatterstone said:
I should have my rough draft posted in a few minutes.
skills are worked out, but the rest of that statement is a lie... Hopefully tonight or a darn near complete character tomorrow. I feel like too much of my character is lost without the background.

Ray, cool. :)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases