rabbit

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
There are 2nd Edition AD&D stats for a rabbit in Volume 2 of the Monstrous Compendium and on page 244 of the Monstrous Manual, but I'm not aware of any 3.x rabbit stats.

However, Dragon #280 has the following statistics for a hare (page 61):

Hare: CR -; Tiny Animal; HD 1/2 d8; hp 4; Init +4 (Dex); Spd 30 ft.; AC 16 (+2 size, +4 Dex); Atk none; SQ scent; Face 2 1/2 ft. by 2 1/2 ft.; Reach 0 ft.; SV Fort +2, Ref +6, Will +1; Str 3, Dex 18, Con 11, Int 2, Wis 12, Cha 7. Skills: Hide +5, Jump +12, Listen +8, Spot +2.

There isn't that much difference between rabbits and hares; a hare is slightly larger and usually jumpier.

CFBoland79

First Post
Noble Wild has the following stats for a rabbit:

Rabbit
Tiny Animal
Hit Dice: 1/4 d8 (1 hp)
Initiative: +2
Speed: 40 ft. (8 squares)
Armor Class: 14 (+2 size, +2 Dex), touch 14, flat-footed 12
Base Attack/Grapple: +0/–12
Attack: Bite +4 melee (1d3–4)
Full Attack: Bite +4 melee (1d3–4),
rear kick -1 (1hp–4)
Space/Reach: 2-1/2 ft./0 ft.
Special Attacks: —
Special Qualities: Low-light vision, scent
Saves: Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +1
Abilities: Str 3, Dex 15, Con 10, Int 2, Wis 12, Cha 6
Skills: Balance +10, Climb +12, Hide +14, Move Silently +10, Swim +10
Feats: Weapon Finesse
Environment: Any
Organization: Solitary or warren (2–20)
Challenge Rating: 1/8
Advancement: —
Level Adjustment: —
These omnivorous rodents thrive almost anywhere.
Combat
Rats usually run away. They bite only as a last resort.
Skills: Rats have a +4 racial bonus on Hide, Jump, and Move Silently checks. A rabbit uses its Dexterity modifier instead of its Strength modifier for Jump checks.

Cleon

Legend
Isn't there a hare in the 3.5 DMG?

There's a Hare Familiar in Dragon #280, as Echohawk points out above.

The 3.5 DMG has a bunch of animal familiars (Bat, Ferret, Hedgehog, Mouse, Screech Owl, Thrush, Toad, Dire Rat, Leopard, Monitor Lizard, Medium-sized Owl, Small-sized Raven, Medium-Sized Viper Snake and Wolverine), some of which are new, but it doesn't include a Hare or Rabbit.

Oryan77

Adventurer
This thread reminded me of my first day playing Ultima Online when it was first released in 1997.

My 1st level warrior who was destined to become the greatest champion in the world stepped out into the woods as soon as he was created. His first prey was to be a rabbit he saw hopping around. So to test out his fighting prowess, he attacks the beast. Unfortunately, 1st level warriors were apparently no match for rabbits in the world of Ultima Online. As the rabbit brought me closer and closer to death, another player approaches, stops and watches, says to me, "Pathetic", and then walks away.

I thought the reason rabbits never made it into the 3.5 Monster Manual was because they were so powerful.

Cleon

Legend
This thread reminded me of my first day playing Ultima Online when it was first released in 1997.

My 1st level warrior who was destined to become the greatest champion in the world stepped out into the woods as soon as he was created. His first prey was to be a rabbit he saw hopping around. So to test out his fighting prowess, he attacks the beast. Unfortunately, 1st level warriors were apparently no match for rabbits in the world of Ultima Online. As the rabbit brought me closer and closer to death, another player approaches, stops and watches, says to me, "Pathetic", and then walks away.

I thought the reason rabbits never made it into the 3.5 Monster Manual was because they were so powerful.

Sorely tempted though I am to make references to the Ultima rabbit having a mean streak a mile wide, or suggesting a holy hand grenade is the best way to deal with one, I will refrain from doing so... :angel:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases