[IRON DM] Holiday Iron DM (for Iron DM Newbies Only)

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
I was going to wait a while to make this announcement since the time that I will be running this will not be until some time in December.

But now that we are going to have an indeterminible closing of the boards. I thought I'd give a heads up so you know where to look.

I will be having the Holiday IRON DM 2003 over in the Fun & Games forum of Nutkinland.

I'll be looking for 8 players who have either only ever played once or preferably have never played before (and I will give precidence to the latter over the former).

While I doubt any of you would do this, let me just warn you: Anyone who gets the bright idea of creating a new ID over at Nutkinland to get around the guideline for this tournament will discover that I can cross-reference IP addresses from the two boards. I would hate to have to hand out the first IRON DM blackball.

Anyway, in the spirit of "board relations" I was planning on running it over there anyway - but now it looks like we may have to do it there regardless.

So anyway, if you are interested you should check that forum for a sign-up announcement starting in mid-December.

Thanks!

P.S. Peilorinho, hurry up and post the last judgement on the Fall Classic!

Last edited:

BSF

Explorer
I am intrigued, but I don't think I quite have what it takes to jump in. Especially in a December timeframe. I literally have 3 birthdays in very close family, along with several among friends. Coupled with the holidays, December is busy.

But, I think this is a great idea, so this otherwise useless post will help bump the thread again. :)

Can we assume that, with the reports of ENWorlds death being greatly exaggerated, the competition will be held here once more? I would dearly love to enter, but unless it starts December 23 or later I'm going to find it impossible to get internet access to compete.

Fanog

First Post
I'm very interested, and probably have enough time in december.

Nemmerle, if you do decide to go to Nutkinland, would you still put up a notice here, in advance?

Fanog

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
I still plan to run it over at Nutkinland. In days long past we used to have Nutkinland IRON DM tournaments running concurrently with those going on here (yes, I was judging two at once), so my nostalgic side wanted to run one there once again.

I also want to see some new names in there and discover some new "talent", But I plan to give a warning here first.

So, stay alert.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases