Dark Tower series; 5, 6, 7? When?

blackshirt5

First Post
OK, I'm just getting into Stephen King's Dark Tower series, and having read the foreword of The Gunslinger I wanted to know:

When do 5, 6, and 7 come out? Any word yet?

Also, what do others think of the series? No spoilers, please, as I haven't gotten to the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th book yet.

Mathew_Freeman

First Post
I think they're wonderful. All round excellent books. And the fact that I used a part of them for an audition class at drama school once and got a very good mark makes me remember them even more fondly.

"Go then. There are other worlds than these."

Phoenix8008

First Post
I greatly enjoyed books 1-3 and highly recommend them. I never read book 4 because I got tired of waiting 5 or more years between books. I decided to wait until he finished the series to start over and read them all. Now it finally looks like that is going to happen. I believe I heard that all 3 final books would be released in 2004 or 2005.

I still love the first sentance in The Gunslinger! It TOTALLY drew me into that book and I just couldn't put it down after that. I just had to answer the questions which that first sentance generated... "The Gunslinger followed the man in black accross the desert." Who was the Gunslinger? Who was the man in black?? What was so important that the Gunslinger was tracking the man accross a desert???

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to these final few books myself. Can't wait to finish this series, FINALLY!

reutbing0

First Post
I honestly feel that Dark Tower is the best story Stephen King ever wrote. The writing is gripping and even though I don't think it's a flawless work, it is in my top 10 of best Fantasy series ever written. And it's not even finished ! (I do hope he doesn't go all Jordan on us and screws up books 5, 6 and 7).

LightPhoenix

First Post
I recently (okay... yesterday :)) saw an interview with Stephen King, and he made a point of saying he was trying to finish the series as soon as possible, spurred by his being hit back in 1999.

LightPhoenix

First Post
blackshirt5 said:
Really? I hears somewhere it's because he's slowly but surely losing his sight.
He mentioned nothing about that, so it may or may not be true. But he did specifically mention when the accident happened, he realized he might not get the chance to finish the series, and so he started working on it seriously.

Remove ads