[Khan's Press] 1 Year Anniversary and Year 2 Rambling

astralpwka

www.khanspress.com
Hi all!

As I reach the one year milestone for Khan's Press, I'm beset by the urge to ramble. Khan's Press has been around for one year now. Our first product was released in November of 2002. In that first year the number one thing I've learned is that I can't set firm deadlines.
tongue.gif

So what's the next year has in store for me personally, one half of the Khan's Press...

Keep in mind that not all of the following is set in stone...

We announced two titles for 2003 that didn't make our first year of releases, despite our intentions; those being Giant Killer (an adventure), and Teltharia: Kingdom of Elves (for our Kortalis Campaign setting). Hopefully they will see the light of publication this second year (especially since Giant Killer is finished and in layout mode).

We're taking a look back this month, and within the month you'll see the release of a compilation or two from our first three books, the first being all of our prestige classes and classes in a single tome.

The Fringe line will continue to grow. I've got my sights set on several more Fringe Campaigns type of books, and a couple of races ones also. One will be a different approach to super heroes, as well as one based around constructs. Plus more will be seen for Soul Harvest.

As of this month, Khan's Press will be releasing adventures! The first is called Blood Tomb, and will be introducing our inexpensive adventure line.

We'll be releasing our own classes books, taking a skewered, fringe approach to each. The first hopefully will be seen before 2003 ends... Fringe Barbarians.

Also for this year, we've got Fringe Fauna in the works. It's a different take on animals... in fact, these animals don't exist!

And hopefully we'll see the publication of the first ElfClash (Lanai campaign setting) book this month or the next, and the Legacies supplements, both by other talented writers (that let's me step out of the writer role and focus on publisher).

This year we've had several writers and artists join us that, although they're freelancers, have become an important part of Khan's Press's existence. I'm looking forward to overworking (and underpaying) all of them for another year.
wink.gif

Khan's Press will be around for another year at least, it appears. My goals? Step up the writing, the publishing, and drinking. I think I'm developing a fondness for rum.
tongue.gif
Also, we'll be taking our first steps toward physical print, though through Print on Demand at first.

Thanks to all of the customers (players and DM's) that keep taking a chance on pdf publishing and this Dire Tiger company, and the writers and artists that chose us to (and continue to, hopefully) participate with.

Garth Wright
Khan's Press

Remove ads