D&D 3E/3.5 Abiorach [Rilmani] (v3.5)

martynq

Explorer
OK, I know the Abiorach has already been converted before in the Creature Collection, but it seems to be too weak when you compare with the various Rilmani in the Fiend Folio. I hope what I've done is more comparable with these... specifically I've increased HD proportionally with the increases from Planescape MC2 to Fiend Folio for the other Rilmani and I've also increased ability scores to be nearer to those in the Fiend Folio.

This is also my first serious attempt at such a conversion, so I'd love to know what you think about my attempt!!

Abiorach (original: Planescape Monstrous Compendium Appendix II)
Medium Outsider (Extraplanar)

Hit Dice: 7d8+42 (73hp)
Initiative: +7 (Dex, Improved Initiative)
Speed: 40ft. (8 squares), fly 50ft. (average)
Armour Class: 19 (+3 Dex, +6 natural), touch 13, flat-footed 16
Base Attack/Grapple: +7/+11
Attack: +1 trident +12 melee (1d8+5)
Full Attack: +1 trident +12 melee (1d8+5)
Space/Reach: 5ft./5ft.
Special Attacks: Spell-like abilities, summon elemental
Special Qualities: Attune to elemental plane, damage reduction 10/magic, outsider traits, rilmani traits, spell resistance 18
Saves: Fort +11, Ref +10, Will +8
Abilities: Str 18, Dex 16, Con 22, Int 16, Wis 17, Cha 20
Skills: Bluff +13, Concentration +15, Diplomacy +19, Gather Information +19, Hide +11, Intimidate +7, Knowledge (the planes) +13, Listen +12, Move Silently +12, Search +15, Sense Motive +13, Sleight of Hand +5, Spellcraft +12, Spot +11
Feats: Improved Initiative, Investigator, Lightning Reflexes
Environment: Any Inner Plane and the Concordant Domain of the Outlands
Organisation: Solitary or squad (2-8)
Challenge Rating: 8
Treasure: No coins, double goods, standard items
Alignment: Always neutral
Advancement: 8-14 HD (Medium); 15-21 HD (Large)
Level Adjustment: +9

Spell-like abilities: At will-charm monster, glitterdust, invisibility, mirror image, shocking grasp; 3/day-control water, flaming sphere, gust of wind, or move earth (depending on plane attuned to); 1/day-horrid wilting (water), wall of fire, wall of force (air), or wall of stone (depending on plane).

Summon Elemental (Sp): Once per day, summon a large elemental with a 50% chance of success.

Attune to Elemental Plane (Su): Gain movement and immunities of an elemental of the Elemental Plane on which the abiorach currently resides.

Outsider traits: see Monster Manual.

Rilmani traits: see Fiend Folio.

I hope that this all makes sense... if there is anything you don't see where it came from please ask! The Challenge Rating was calculated using Upper_Krust's pdf file:

HD +4.9, Flight +0.6, Natural Armour +0.6, Attack damage +0.45, Spell-like abilities (including from Rilmani traits) +1.156, Summon elemental +0.0075, Attune to plane (treat as energy immunity) +1, DR +0.333, Rilmani immunity and resistance +2, SR +0.8, Ability score increases +3.7, Equipment +0.6.
TOTAL 16.1465. (Hence LA = 16 - 7HD = +9)
Apply Golden Rule: 12.97
Divide by 1.5 to bring into line with Core Rules CRs: 8.65

Remove ads