Excalibur d20

Vigilance

Explorer
Hey guys, just wanted to drop a quick note about my latest game. I'm pretty excited about it, it's the first fantasy project I've ever done, and it's a complete comprehensive workup of Arthurian legend for the d20 system.

The game will include rules for bloodlines, 8 new core classes, prestige classes, rules for nobility and renown, a history of arthurian legend, new spells, and a completely new take on the magic system (the spells themselves will not change, only how one acquires them).

As always, questions and comments are welcome :)

Chuck

Wombat

First Post
As a huge fan of the Arthurian legends, I will be interested to see what you come up with.

I love Pendragon as a game, although I tone down the New Age paganism floating around in it; can't stand I, Mordred from Avalanche.

Probably have to add your book to my shelf as well. :)

beverson

First Post
I'm also a big fan of Arthurian stories, so this will probably be a must-buy for
me. Is Excalibur d20 going to be the title, or will you be sticking with the
"Blood" theme? {Blood and Camelot? :D }

Vigilance

Explorer
No d20, as the license currently forbids that to the best of my knowledge. The working title is Excalibur: Arthurian Adventures- and that will likely be the title of the finished product.

At the moment we are looking at 2 PDFs, one for players, one for GMs, at least 2 adventures, one of which will be of campaign-length, and in print form a hardback of the players and GM's guide.

Unless of course it bombs lol.

So I'm excited :)

Chuck

Vigilance

Explorer
Well- I think you'll be happy, although I have made some decisions based on my own ideas of what makes a good game, I have tried VERY hard to do my homework and stay true to my sources.

Speaking of which, I have gone through at least 2,000 pages of source material for this project to date, with Tennyson's Idylls, Bulfinch's Mythology, Sur Gawaine and the Green Knight, and of course, and primarily, Malory emerging as my primary sources.

I played Pendragon long ago, but specifically have not gone back and looked at it, since I wanted my take on the game to be completely drawn from my mechanics skills and my sources.

Chuck

Wombat said:
As a huge fan of the Arthurian legends, I will be interested to see what you come up with.

I love Pendragon as a game, although I tone down the New Age paganism floating around in it; can't stand I, Mordred from Avalanche.

Probably have to add your book to my shelf as well. :)

zenld

First Post
Looking forward to it. The thought of playing a knight of the round table...what more do you need from life?

Do you have a prospective release date/target? I know nothing will be set in stone, just need to know when to start saving my pennies.

zen

Vigilance

Explorer
Not entirely sure. I am almost done with my first draft, playtest campaigns are commencing now.

This will definitely be my next release from RPGObjects, but other than that its hard to say, since we have art, editing, playtesting and such to factor in, and one can never with certainty predict a timetable for these things.

Chuck

zenld said:
Looking forward to it. The thought of playing a knight of the round table...what more do you need from life?

Do you have a prospective release date/target? I know nothing will be set in stone, just need to know when to start saving my pennies.

zen

zenld

First Post
Cool. Well, when it does come, I will be standing in line, money in hand for my copy.

Thanks for the response.

zen

Vigilance

Explorer
It's my pleasure- I have done these threads for past d20 Modern books Ive done, and the feedback as I start to reveal mechanics and ideas Im working on has been a great blessing and made my books a lot better imo.

So continue asking and I will continue answering :)

Chuck

trancejeremy

Adventurer
Very cool. I've wanted something like this since d20 came out (and all I have is that lousy Avalanche book).

But Malory? I was hoping something closer to the original source material, maybe the Vulgate Cycle at the latest. Though then again, most the previous stories tend to be contradictory, Malory was mostly the first to write a coherent, if not so great version of the story.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases