Of Vile Darkness

Rybaer

First Post
Lord Torr Stormrider, Weretiger/Rogue/Fighter

*Torr considers Ralam's suggestions, nodding slightly.*

"Illusion may work to get it," he says. "I should tell you now that I am by far at my best in a fight when I assume one of my alternate forms. I am a were-tiger, you see, so the end result of my work on the house guards will bear the distinct hallmarks of an attack by a large animal.

"Would your illusion still work on me if I change forms and back?"

linnorm

Explorer
Ralam, Human Rogue 5 / Assassin 7

*Ralam's eyebrows raise at Torr's revelation.*

"Hm, I don't know how that will work, and I'm not willing to take a chance that it won't. Slight change of plan then. We'll use a real guard uniform for you. After you "service" the good captain's guards I will make you invisible before we leave. This will insure that anyone watching only sees the king's guard entering and leaving. The fact that two went in and only one came out will only deepen the mystery surrounding the incident. I think we can all agree that the more confused the investigations are the better it is for us. Any thoughts on this plan?"

Wrahn

First Post
Aekir rises, stretching after sleeping most of the day away. Seeing the sun shine through the threadbare shutters told him it was around 3 in the afternoon.

Wode will be expecting me. Perhaps he will be more forth coming about why the Butterfly wants me here. On the other hand, doing what is expected is a good way to die.

*Aekir again sneaks from his room and lowers the rat population by one. He walks the maze that is the streets of the Hollow.*

One could lose themselves very easily in these hovels, I still do not know them well enough to use them well.

The people here seemed diseased, but not plagued, like there are a hundred diseases feeding on them rather than just one. Probably a disease cult.

*When night falls, Aekir will assume the form of a rat and watch as the predators come out. When it is late and he estimates the crowd has thinned at the Hydra’s Glass, he makes his way there to collect his bounty.*

Rybaer

First Post
Lord Torr Stormbringer; human weretiger/rogue/fighter

*Torr listens to Ralam's revised plan and nods in agreement.*

"Yes," he says, "I think that would probably work best. Could you procure a suitable uniform for me? That's not exactly my sort of thing. If we could permanently make the owner of said uniform disappear as well, it might place suspicion in his direction."

[ooc - I will be on vacation and away from the boards until Feb. 1.]

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
[OOC:] Ok, I think we're going to basically move into Thirday shortly, if no one has any objections. Torr and Ralam, you guys can finish your discussion, Wode will finish discussing things with Roach, and Aekir will be able to talk with Wode. I'm moving Loviana ahead a day (unless you need for her to do things during Thirday morning Bro).

*Roach, you go the back door of the Blind Woman a bit later that evening. It's not a place you have much reason to frequent, but at least the girl who answers your knock doesn't shrink away like the one at the Shattered sister did. Then again, given the blank look in her eyes, you could probably have looked like a dragon or a demon for all the notice she gives you. Wordlessly she lazily beckons you in and takes you to a small back room, far away from the common room. You can smell the thick vapors of a dozen types of drugs, and even get a tad dizzy before she leads you to the right room. The halfling is inside, dressed no longer in beggar's rags but in elegant, if utterly concealing blue and gray robes. It lounges on some cushions, smoking something from a water pipe that leaves a thick vapor in the air. The fumes would be enough to fell a lesser man, which you are not. Wode looks at you bleakly and speaks, its bland voice belaying its cruel words.*

"A rather nice piece of work you did, scaring off the priest. Though you were enough of an idiot to allow the man a good look at your face. Word has it that the church will be putting weight on the guards to start sweeping the Hollow to look for you, now that they know you're real. Now, you aren't any good to us dead, so you think you can keep your pretty face out of the way for a while? Good.

"There's some rather important personages in town, large players in half a dozen faiths. Word is they leave in a day or two, so don't get your hopes up. But its their employer that the Butterfly wants dealt with. The church of Heironeous has overstepped its bounds..." Wode trails off as it inhales on the pipe again. Picking up its narritive it breathes out smoke with every word.

"They are putting some of their laymen on the watch for the Butterfly's agents, and taking far too active an interest in the Hollow. We have our eye on more than one of these fine fellows, and would like them to find employment elsewhere. The Butterfly wants you to watch these watchers, and find out what they're watching for and who they're reporting to. Try to 'persuade' them that they need to keep their noses in their own business. No death... not yet, just get them to leave off reporting to their superiors."

*It hands you a scrap of parchment with three names on it along with a brief description and a place of residence and work.*

"Commit those to memory and burn that before you leave this room," Wode commands, inhaling again. "As for payment... the Butterfly has considered 'sponsoring' some of your little charges as Guild apprentices. Get them off the streets, train them up as loyal thieves and assassins... Or an equivalent amount in cash or even magic if you wish."

*Later that evening, Aekir goes to the Hydra's Glass after most have cleared out. Wode still holds forth at its court, though you heard enough while waiting to know that it was later coming in than usual.*

*When you gain entrance, Wode gives you a small smile.*

"Well and neatly done. Kissaken was rather devistated by his wife's death, and the Watch rather baffled. Though he's hiring priests to talk to her spirit... so you can take your purse and lay low for a bit. There is someone who wishes to speak to you however. Tomorrow night, come here as usual. It will be worth your while," Wode says, pushing over a purse. Inside are fifty pieces of platinum and two trade-rubies marked with 250gp standard marks.

*Loviana, after spending the rest of the evening and morning of Thirday as you wish, you head over to the House of Scarlet Joys. Entering into the red-swathed room, full of the smell of purfume and sex, giggles and groans echoing around, you're met by a red-skinned buxom woman. Tiny horns protrude from her forehead; you realize she's a tiefling, a demon-touched.*

"Ah yes dear, you're expected," she says, revealing a smiling mouth filled with pointed teeth. She leads you up to the top of the House, knocking in a specific pattern on a large, iron-bound door. It opens and she waves you inside, taking herself back downstairs.

*Inside you see you've come in during the end of a ceremony. Eloma is there, garbed as Loviatar Herself, in an outfit of strips of skin-tight black leather, cutting cruelly into her flesh. Rings that pierce into her skin and muscle all over her body are threaded through with chains that hold her upright and spread-eagled in the center of the room. Two priestess finish the last of the requisite hundred lashes with the scourge and Eloma gasps. Obviously these must be senior priestess to get such a reaction from the High Painmistress. Raising her head Eloma smiles at you. After a few moments the priestesses release her, allowing her feet to touch the floor again.*

*Beckoning you forward, Eloma gives you a brief kiss, drawing blood before bidding you to sit. The other two priestesses take themselves out, bowing to you briefly.*

"I finally have your assignment ready for you my dear. And I chose you because you work best in subtlety, even over long term. Also you have been ours for so long I feel your faith will never be shaken. The task you were called here for is... so tremendous that it will test you in ways that perhaps you have never been. On a purely mental and spiritual level this will be perhaps the greatest test any of our faith have ever had to undergo," she says, dropping to her knees in front of you. She grabs both of your hands in hers, her nails cutting into your palms in an old Lovian technique to focus concentration

"There are major moves being made, and the players are being too bold. You are to bring down one of the most pure of priests, or our own faith and others allied will be in jepordy. I must set you against Orshallan, the high priest of Heironeous. His mind must be turned away from his current concerns, as he marshals far too much favor and power.

"My daughter, I know this is frightfully hard, and I would not blame you if you had to refuse. There are other ways of getting to him that you could do, and if you think him too hard a target to go after directly, then there are others you could go after in an effort to weaken him. You were brought here for a duty, and it must be done in one way or another," she says, the glitter of pain in her eyes from her recent ceremony adding power to her words.

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Loviana: Half-Nymph/Female (Rogue/Corruptor/Bondblade)

*Loviana finds herself and her blood tingling with excitement as the pained moans and mummers fill the air. The importance of the topic keeps her from give in as she concentrates on Eloma and her words.*

*She silently gives praises, Loviatar, my goddess, for my many years I have worshiped and serviced you only hoping, praying for a chance to service you yet again. Now you bestow this chance for a great dead to be done by me and I will not let you down.*

“Eloma, my Painmistress, many a times you’ve looked upon me like a real daughter and many of times I’ve looked upon you like a mother. Loviatar has asked us many of times for her service but today is different as the scope is beyond the norm but our actions are not. I will serve her as we always do and you are quite right my faith is unshakable I have no desires other than those of Loviatar and I will do as she requests without thoughts or worry of my own future.”

Loviana pauses for a second as she contemplates her future moves, “High Painmistress Eloma, do we know any of Orshallan weaknesses or desires that can be exploited for Loviatar’s gain?”

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*Eloma's face twists into a venomous mask.*

"No, the man is disgustingly pure and devoted to duty. He recently returned from a visit to the higher planes, from having tea and crumpets with angels, no doubt. However, he takes a great interest in helping out those who seek to learn about valor and justice... anything having to do with his god. He teaches the acolytes personally... that may be how you can at least contact him. Masquerading as an acolyte is the only thing that came to my mind... but you would have to be shielded from spells and probes, as they constantly test to be sure the acolytes do no stray from their path," Eloma spits out.

*Trembling for a moment in pure rage, Eloma pulls on some of the rings attached to her more sensitive parts until the pain helps clear her anger.*

"I'm sorry my daughter, he lured away one of my sister priestesses a few years ago and the loss badly hurt us. I have a desire for revenge, but there is more at stake than my own pain. There is the pain to the church that must be dealt with."

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Loviana: Half-Nymph/Female (Rogue/Corruptor/Bondblade)

*Loviana frowns at Eloma's words, I remember no traitorous priestess but then again such losses are rarely advertised and that is something I have long grown to depend upon. A wolf can move through the pack much quicker if the sheep will not acknowledge its presence. Eloma sounds Orshallan, and maybe with good reason, but a challenge of this magnitude is impossible not to excited about.*

“Yes an Acolyte could work well indeed, it has the most risk but also the best chance of success… Does Orshallan have a clue to my appearance? I would assume not or I would not be given this honor. If Orshallan doesn’t have issue with half breeds I can surly garner his attention.”

She taps the ring upon her fingers not wanting to announce its protection to any prying ears, “Will Loviatar grant me enough protection with this or do we need to make other plans?”

*She leads Eloma back over to the various devices as she waves at them to draw attention to them intent upon helping the woman return to normal, “How long has it been since you used me so my painmistress? My line of work hardly allows me to experience it and we might as well enjoy ourselves as we plot, right?”*

*With a hideously cruel smile upon her perfect face she continues, “Just remember no scars. At least for now they are too hard to explain in my line of work.”*

Wrahn

First Post
Aekir, Male Earth Genasi, Ranger1/Fighter4/Soul Eater6

Aekir takes the purse, glancing inside, not really caring about the contents, but making sure he hasn’t been cheated. He nods, accepting the compliment and the warning.

Perhaps some answers at last Aekir think as the news that someone wishes to speak with him tomorrow, Or a trap, though it seems unlikely. The woman did not live long, and it was dark, however, there is no point in taking unnecessary risks with my identity.

“The woman’s spirit will not be speaking to anyone, unless they are will to use extremely powerful magics.” Aekir speak in his slow gravely voice, “The body on the other hand my prove more of an issue. Do you know where it interned and when the merchant intends to get the priests to cast the spell?”

linnorm

Explorer
Ralam Human Rogue 5 / Assassin 7

*Ralam turns to Hasord.* "Perhaps one of the apprentices could handle Torr's tailoring needs tonight? That would leave time to have his new clothing cleaned, delivered, and fitted tomorrow." *Returning to Torr, "I'll meet you on your way to the guardhouse, just don't be too surprised when a royal guardsman suddenly appears."

*If there no more comments Ralam stands, bows briefly to both men and leaves.*

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases