Life in Vein Characters

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
In Character Thread
Out Of Character Thread

Ok, please post your characters here. Format as follows (please hit the reply to this post button to see how to do all the fancy sizing, bolding, and coloring).

Kelsis the Bright-Eyed
Truename - Sashakiyamok
Female Sibeccai Akashic 1
Height: 5'8"
Weight: 158lbs
Fur: Pale gray, with black hair
Eyes: Black

Attributes
Str: 12 (+1)
Dex: 10 (+0)
Con: 11 (+0)
Int: 16 (+3)
Wis: 14 (+2)
Cha: 9 (-1)

Hit Dice: 1d6 + 0
HP: 6 [Max]
AC: 12 [10 + 2 Armor + 0 Dex]
Initiative: +0
BAB: +0
Melee: +1 [+1 Strength]
Ranged: +0 [+0 Dex]
Speed: 40’ [with Fleet of Foot feat]

Saves
Fort: +0 [+0 base, +0 Con] (+4 vs poison)
Ref: +0 [+0 base, +0 Dex]
Will: +4 [+2 base, +2 Wis]

Attacks-Weapons:
Ranseur: +1 [+1 Melee, 2d4 +1 damage [+1 Strength], x3, P]
Handaxe: +1 [+1 Melee, 1d6 +1 damage [+1 Strength], x3, S]
Dagger: +1 [+1 Melee, 1d4 +1 damage [+1 Strength], 19-20/x2, P]
Sling: +0 [+0 Ranged, 1d4 damage, x2, B, 50' range]

Feats: Fleet of Foot (ceremonial), Resistance to Poison (talent)

Skills:
Alchemy +7 [4 ranks]
Appraise +5 [2 ranks]
Craft (poisonmaking)* +5 [2 ranks]
Decipher Script +7 [4 ranks]
Disable Device +7 [4 ranks]
Knowledge (ceremony) +7 [4 ranks]
Knowledge (cosmology) +5 [2 ranks]
Knowledge (geography) +5 [2 ranks]
Knowledge (history) +5 [2 ranks]
Knowledge (magic) +5 [2 ranks]
Knowledge (nature) +5 [2 ranks]
Knowledge (religion) +7 [4 ranks]
Listen +6 [4 ranks]
Perform (dance) +2 [3 ranks]
Search +6 [3 ranks]

Languages - Common, Giant, Draconic, Celestial, Infernal.

Racial qualities: Speak common and giant; low light vision; +2 to Gather Information, Handle Animal, Innuendo, and Sneak checks; +2 Con, -2 Int.

Possessions:

Mule - 8 gp
Pack saddle - 15 gp

Wearing/Carrying
Leather jack (+2 AC, max Dex +0, check penalty 0) - 15 lbs [10 gp].
Ranseur - 15 lbs [10 gp].
Handaxe - 5 lbs [6 pg].
Dagger - 1 lb [2 gp].
Belt pouch - .5 lb [1 gp].
Sling & 10 sling bullets - 5 lbs [1 sp].
Silver torque - n/a weight [20 gp].

In backpack on mule - backpack - 2 lbs [2gp].
2 vials of acid - 2.5 lbs [20 gp].
1 pellet flash powder - 1 lb [35 gp].
Thieves' tools - 1 lb [30 gp].
Bedroll - 5 lbs [1 sp].
Flint and steel - n/a weight [1 gp].
3 sunrods - 3 lbs [6 gp].
Journal - 1 lb [5 gp].
Ink - n/a weight [8 gp].
Inkpen - n/a weight [1 sp]
10 sling bullets - 5 lbs [1 sp].
*1 dose (vial) snake venom - n/a weight (Injury, DC 12, Initial and Secondary damage 1d2 Dex)

Attached to pack saddle
Waterskin - n/a weight [1 gp]
50 ft. hemp rope - 10 lbs [1 gp].

Coin: 29 gp, 6 sp.

Appearance: Kelsis the Bright-Eyed is of medium height and build for a sibeccai woman, but her fur is a pale, almost silvery gray all over. The fur on her head is a deep black, and she wears it aggressively short, so her large ears are easily visible. Her large, dark eyes shine with an unusual intensity. She wears a simple leather jack for protection, and carries a ranseur in one hand, using it as a walking staff when not wielding it in combat. The ranseur has five shallow notches cut on it. Under her armor she wears simple, practical clothes; typically a loose shirt and sturdy breeches, gathered tight at the ankles and wrists, along with study sibeccai boots. All of her clothes are dark shades of brown or gray, and fairly utilitarian, with little extra finery. She has a covered handaxe stuck through one side of her belt, and keeps a dagger in her left boot. She wears a simple, though elegantly crafted silver torque around her neck.

Personality: Kelsis desires knowledge through experience, and seeks it out aggressively. This makes her somewhat of a thrill-seeker, though most would label her a fanatic. She wants, above all, to experience memorable and unique things to add her experiences to the akashic record. She doesn't believe she can do that if she is captured, and will not hesitate to use even underhanded means, up to and including poison, to secure her escape or prevent her capture in the first place. She also fears dying before she can complete her purpose, and is not squeamish about sending others to death's embrace. She feels that those that bar her way from living to complete her purpose will serve as a warning to others to not stop her. To date she has slain two rhodin raiders, a human highwayman, a hungry wolf, and poisonous snake. Kelsis is deeply religious, praying to the spirits of memory to guide her on her way through life. When prudence allows, she will often perform sibeccai religious rituals to help refresh her own spirit and purpose; these usually consist of elaborate and energetic dances around a fire, often with chanting.

She presents a curious mixture of traits. She does not avoid danger, but fears death. She doesn't shy away from wounds, but if she takes several, she may run to fight another day. While she has a great deal of knowledge of various topics, as many as some sages claim, she goes about as if armed for dire conflict. And while she seeks a higher purpose of having memorable experiences and leaving them for future akashics to use, she employs tactics some would call dishonorable. However, Kelsis never lies. She will refrain from mentioning if she thinks something isn't prudent to say, but she doesn't tell a deliberate untruth. If she says something, she means it. She hates having her word questioned. Her direct stare is somewhat unsettling, reflecting her intense purity of purpose.

Overall she is a fanatical, driven individual. However, those that are seeking out new and interesting things to do can always find a steadfast companion in Kelsis the Bright-Eyed. She appreciates those that don't swerve from their purpose, and becomes impatient with those that waver too long on decisions. While she's not impulsive, she dislikes spending too much time on anything, as she feels she must hurry to complete everything she feels she must in her life. She keeps a journal to record all of her important experiences to date. To prevent it from being easily translated, she writes every third word in a different language, switching from Draconic, to Infernal, to Celestial, and back in a fairly random pattern. One would have to know all three languages well to translate her journal on the fly.

Backstory: Kelsis grew up with a deep inner knowledge of something that most sibeccai don't even consider; the knowledge of her own mortality. She realized from an early age that while other races may live hundreds of years, the sibeccai were the fastest growing, and dying, race of the Lands of the Diamond Throne. Kelsis developed an inner terror that she wouldn't live long enough to make her mark on the world. She feared that she wouldn't be able to learn fast enough to make an name for herself. Her single-minded desire for knowledge led her to the path of the akashic. Training under another of the relatively rare sibeccai akashics, her mentor, Isakres the Clever-Handed, found her to be much more interested and able in the areas of obscure knowledge rather than the artistic skills. After setting her loose from her training, Kelsis traded her skill in languages for some tutoring in some underhanded or simply illegal techniques that she felt would be vital to her own personal quest of self discovery.

Kelsis now travels with a group of adventure-seeking individuals she has deemed trustworthy. Like a true-thrill seeker, she hopes her companions will lead her to great adventure, and allow her to find the experiences she craves to fulfill her life's purpose.

Last edited:

FaenFriend

First Post
Agracahn, Litorian Unfettered, Lvl 3

Agracahn
Unbound
Male Litorian Unfettered 3
Height: 6'7"
Weight: 182 lbs.
Fur: Dark crimson-brown
Exp:3,301

Attributes
Str: 14 (+2) [6 points]
Dex: 18 (+4) [10 points, +2 litorian]
Con: 14 (+2) [6 points]
Int: 12 (+1) [4 points]
Wis: 10 (+0) [4 points, -2 litorian]
Cha: 10 (+0) [2 points]

Hit Dice: 1d8 + 2
HP: 24 [Max]
AC: 20 [10 + 4 Armor + 4 Dex + 2 Unfettered AC bonus]
Initiative: +4
BAB: +3
Melee: +5 [+3 BAB, +2 Str]
Ranged: +7 [+3 BAB, +4 Dex]
Speed: 30’

Saves
Fort: +3 [+1 base, +2 Con]
Ref: +7 [+3 base, +4 Dex]
Will: +1 [+1 base, +0 Wis]

Attacks-Weapons:
Crossbow, Hand +7 [+7 ranged, 1d4, 19-20/x2, P, 30' range]
Punching Dagger +7 [+7 finesse, 1d4 [+2 Str], x3, P]
Rapier +9 [(+7 finesse, +1 Masterwork, +1 focus) 1d6 [+2 Str], 18-20/x2, P]
Whip +8 [+7 Ranged, +1 Masterwork, 1d2 stun damage, x2, S, 15' range]

Feats: Ambidexterity (talent), Two Weapon Fighting (feat), Weapon Finesse (2nd level feat), Weapon Focus Rapier (3rd level feat)

Skills:
(I have included skills without ranks in which I receive racial and synergy bonuses)
Balance +6 [0 Ranks, +4 Dex, +2 tumble synergy]
Bluff +5 [5 Ranks, +0 Cha]
Diplomacy +7 [3 Ranks, +0 Cha, +2 bluff synergy, +2 sense motive synergy]
Disguise (+2) [0 Ranks, +0 Cha, +2 bluff synergy when I am purposefully acting]
Gather Information +3 [3 Ranks, +0 Cha]
Innuendo +2 [0 Ranks, +0 Wis, +2 bluff/sense motive synergy]
Intimidate +4 [0 Ranks, +0 Cha, +2 litorian, +2 bluff synergy]
Jump +4 [0 Ranks, +2 Str, +2 tumble synergy]
Knowledge
- Nobility, Courtesy +3 [2 Ranks, +1 Int]
Listen +2 [0 Ranks, +0 Wis, +2 litorian]
Search +3 [0 Ranks, +1 Int, +2 litorian]
Sense Motive +5 [5 Ranks, +0 Wis]
Sleight of Hand +6 [0 Ranks, +4 Dex, +2 bluff synergy]
Sneak +10 [6 Ranks, +4 Dex]
Spot +2 [0 Ranks, +0 Wis, +2 Litorian]
Tumble +10 [6 Ranks, +4 Dex]
Wilderness Survival +2 [0 Ranks, +0 Wis, +2 litorian]

Languages - Common, Giant, Litorian

Racial qualities: Speak common and litorian; low light vision; +2 to Intimidate, Listen, Search, Spot and Wilderness Survival checks; +2 Dex, -2 Wis.

Possessions:
Horse, light [75 gp]
Saddle, common, riding [10 gp]
Bit and Bridle [2 gp]
Saddlebags [4 gp]

Wearing/Carrying
Leather Coat, Mastwork (+4 AC, max Dex +6, check penalty -1) - 20 lbs. [350 gp]
Courtier's Outfit (red & gold) - 6 lbs. [30 gp]
Backpack - 2 lbs. [2 gp]
Belt pouch - 1/2 lb. [1 gp]
Crossbow, hand - 3 lbs. [100 gp]
Bolts (20) - 2 lbs. [2 gp]
Earring, small gold (see magic items below) [205 gp]
Jewelry (earrings, necklace, bracelet) [50 gp]
Punching Dagger, silvered - 2 lbs. [10 gp]
Rapier, Masterwork - 3 lbs. [320 gp]
Signet ring (see magic items below) [405 gp]
Whip, Masterwork - 2 lbs. [301 gp]

In backpack
Book (+5) of Courtly Etiquette – 3 lbs. [250 gp]
Candles, 2 [2 cp]
Flash powder – 1 lb. [35 gp]
Hairbrush (see magic items below) [202gp]
Ink, 1 oz. vial [8 gp]
Inkpen [1 sp]
Mirror, small steel 1/2 lb. [10 gp]
Parchment, 2 sheets [4 sp]
Sealing wax - 1 lb. [1 gp]
Smokebomb (2) – 2 lbs. [80 gp]
Sunrod – 1 lb. [2 gp]
Thieves Tools, Masterwork - 1 lb. [100 gp]

In saddle bags on pony
Adventurer's Outfit (greys & blacks) - 2 lbs [free]
Bedroll - 5 lbs. [1 sp]
Blanket, winter – 3 lbs. [5 sp]
Courtier's Outfit (blue & silver) - 6 lbs. [30 gp]
Feed, six days – 60 lbs [6 sp]
Rations, 4 - 4 lbs. [2 gp]
Rope, silk 50' - 5 lbs. [10 gp]
Tent – 20 lbs. [10 gp]
Whetstone - 1 lb. [2 cp]
Wine, Fine Red (bottle) [10 gp, 1 1/2 lb.]

In pouch
Flint and Steel [1 gp]
Signal Whistle [8sp]

Coin (in pouch):
91 gp 4 sp 6 cp

Magic Items
Earring, small gold [205 gp] This plain, gold hoop allows its wearer to cast Detect Poison once per day. (Cost analysis – 5 gp [earring] + 200 gp [1 (caster level) x .5 (spell level) x 400 (once per day)]).

Signet Ring [405 gp] The seal of this gold signet ring bears a simple coat of arms – a lion rampant, wearing a large hat with a plume. Once per day, the owner of this ring can at will become especially charming for 10 minutes, as per the spell Glamour – +5 to Bluff, Diplomacy, and Gather Information checks. (Cost analysis – 5 gp [signet ring] + 400 gp [1 (caster level) x 1 (spell level) x 400 (once per day)]).

Hairbrush, Wooden, High quality [202 gp] This plain, yet elegant wooden hairbrush has a special effect, once per day, when the owner brushes his hair or fur. The owner becomes especially well-groomed (and cleaned) as per the spell Hygiene – owner becomes very clean and gains +1 vs. disease saves. (Cost analysis – 2 gp [hairbrush] + 200 gp [1 (caster level) x .5 (spell level) x 400 (once per day)]).

Appearance & Personality: "I have been asked to describe my appearance and then my personality. Twirling my whiskers roguishly, a dashing yet contemplative smile upon my lips as my quill poises over the parchment, I realize that appearance and personality can hardly be separated. The two go together like a noble woman and fine gloves, like a debonair litorian and a flowing cape, like plumed hats and courtly love. For one's appearance says everything about the personality within just as personality inevitably shapes appearance. Think on me, for instance. My not inconsiderable height and splendid figure are not the hunched build of a mere peasant or day-laborer. Yet, my noble features are moderated – I am neither so tall as to be gauche nor so broad in the chest as to seem a soot-covered blacksmith. Perfection in form speaks of perfection in character. Consider again my well-groomed, crimson-brown fur. Truly, a regal color for a gallant, honorable fellow. Clothing, of course, is the thing that most clearly demonstrates the person beneath those coverings. An ill-chosen outfit betrays poor taste, and perhaps, deeper flaws that cannot be immediately detected. If you cannot trust a man to choose the correct occasion for wearing riding boots or slippers with curled toes, how can you truly trust anything about him? All his abilities and choices become suspect. Equally, unkempt garments are a sign of a sluggard, a dullard, a bore, or more likely, all three. I believe that my attire speaks for itself in that regard. Jewelry, of course, must be carefully calculated. A few simple yet elegant items are required to display one’s social standing and decorative discrimination. An overabundance of ornamentation belies a desperate individual, eager to appear more than they are. Sophistication, style, and honorable character are all to be found in a person in proportionate measure. As I bring this self-reflective musing to a close, I feel it only fair to mention perhaps my own tragic flaw. My sense of taste and style is my downfall - it causes jealousy and envy in those around me who are less fortunate than I in this regard. Alas, fashion - ever my gift, ever my curse." -- Agracahn

Backstory:
From the start, Agracahn was something of an outcast from his Litorian tribe for a simple, yet very embaressing reason – he was born unable to properly digest meat and is thus a vegetarian. This seemingly minor difference led to others and he was increasingly ostracized as a child. Unable to win recognition from his peers, he consoled himself that he was simply above them. This has led him to take a very un-litorian interest in social class and gentility which he mixes with his litorian sense of honor. He has emersed himself in a delusional, if harmless, world in which he is a refined, elegant member of the elite social classes. The fact that he has no more status than any other wandering adventurer does not lessen this opinion in the slightest. He has been drawn to the artist city of Navael, seeking high culture and perhaps access to privileged and influential circles. His sophistication, however, has not left him helpless. On the contrary, a childhood among bullies have given him quick reflexes and a certain creativity for getting out of tough situations.

Last edited:

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Ok, here is mine (it's a work in progress):

Urgo'Nangoroth the Mojh
Truename - Sysnanthartelock

Mohj: Runethane 1 / Akashic 2
Height: 6'4"
Weight: 120 lbs
Scales: Blackish Green (right arm) or Green (rest of the body) with purple hints at joints and around the eyes & mouth. If close, one can see that the left arm has thousands of tiny characters and runes tatooed on the skin (these tatoos stop at the wrist).

Attributes
Str: 8 (-1) [0 points]
Dex: 14 (+2) [6 points]
Con: 12 (+1) [14-2 racial, 6 points]
Int: 18 (+4) [16+2 racial, 10 points]
Wis: 14 (+2) [6 points]
Cha: 12 (+1) [4 points]

Hit Dice: 1d6 + 1, 1d6+1, 1d6+1
HP: 18
AC: 13 [10 +2 dex +1 natural armor]
Initiative: +2
BAB: +0
Melee: -1 [-1 Strength]
Ranged: +2 [+2 Dex]

Saves
Fort: +1 [+0 base, +1 Con]
Ref: +2 [+0 base, +2 Dex]
Will: +7 [+5 base, +2 Wis]

Attacks-Weapons:
Dagger: -1 [0 melee - 1 strenght, 1d4-1 damage, 19-20/x2, P]
Dagger(thrown): +2 [0 Melee +2 dex, 1d4-1 damage, 19-20/x2, P]
Heavy Crossbow: +2 [+2 ranged, 1d10 damage , 19-20/x2, 120ft, P], 10 bolts

Feats: Peaceful mage (ceremonial), Spell affinity - fireburst (talent), Energy mage - fire (ceremonial)

Skills: 68 skill points
[ (8+4 (Int))x4 Akashik 1, 8+4 (Int) Akashik 2, 4+4 (Int) Runethane 1:
Alchemy + 10 [ 6 Ranks + 4 (Int) ], +2 with Alchemist's lab.
Appraise + 9 [ 5 Ranks + 4 (Int) ], +2 with magnifying glass for small items
Balance + 4 [ 0 Ranks + 2 (Dex) + 2 (Mojh bonus) ]
Bluff + 6 [ 5 Ranks + 1 (Cha) ]
Concentration + 7 [ 6 Ranks + 1 (Con) ]

Craft (tatoo) + 5 [ 1 Ranks + 4 (Int) ]
Decipher Script + 5 [ 1 Ranks + 4 (Int) ]
Diplomacy + 7 [ 2 Ranks + 1 (Cha) + 4 (Bluff + sence motive synergy bonus) ]
Disguise + 3 [ 0 Ranks + 1 (Cha) + 2 (Bluff synergy bonus when acting in character and observed) ]

Forgery + 11 [ 5 Ranks + 4 (Int) + 2 (Mojh) ]
Intimidate + 3 [ 0 Ranks + 1 (Cha) + 2 (Bluff synergy bonus) ]
Innuendo + 5 [ 1 Ranks + 2 (Wis) + 2 (Bluff synergy bonus to transmit, Sence motive synergy bonus to receive messages) ]

Knowledge (Architecture) + 9 [ 1 Ranks + 4 (Int) + 4 (perfect recall) ]
Knowledge (ceremony) + 10 [ 2 Ranks + 4 (Int) + 4 (perfect recall) ]
Knowledge (Cosmology) + 9 [ 1 Ranks + 4 (Int) + 4 (perfect recall) ]

Knowledge (Dangerous beasts) + 9 [ 1 Ranks + 4 (Int) + 4 (perfect recall) ]
Knowledge (Engineering) + 9 [ 1 Ranks + 4 (Int) + 4 (perfect recall) ]
Knowledge (Geography) + 9 [ 1 Ranks + 4 (Int) + 4 (perfect recall) ]

Knowledge (history) + 9 [ 1 Ranks + 4 (Int) + 4 (perfect recall) ]
Knowledge (magic) + 14 [ 6 Ranks + 4 (Int) + 4 (perfect recall) ]
Knowledge (nature) + 9 [ 1 Ranks + 4 (Int) + 4 (perfect recall) ]

Knowledge (Nobility and curtosy) + 9 [ 1 Ranks + 4 (Int) + 4 (perfect recall) ]
Knowledge (religion) + 9 [ 1 Ranks + 4 (Int) + 4 (perfect recall) ]
Knowledge (runes) + 16 [ 6 Ranks + 4 (Int) + 4 (perfect recall) + 2 (Mojh) ]

Knowledge (Science) + 9 [ 1 Ranks + 4 (Int) + 4 (perfect recall) ]
Sense motive + 7 [ 5 Ranks + 2 (Wis) ]
Spellcraft + 10 [ 6 Ranks + 4 (Int) ]
Sleight of Hand + 5 [ 1 Ranks + 2 (Dex) + 2 (Bluff synergy bonus) ]

Spot + 2 [ 0 Ranks + 2 (Wis) ]

Languages - Common, Draconic, Giant, Faen, Celestial, Infernal.

Racial qualities:
Darkvision: Mojh can see in the dark up to 60 feet.
+2 racial bonus to Balance checks.
+1 natural armor bonus to Armor Class.
Automatic Languages:Common and Draconic.

Runes: 2 known, 1 existence
lesser runes known: Rune of Armor, Rune of knowledge

Spell Stots: 3/1 (2/0 Runethane 2, +1/+1 Int)

Spells readied 3/1 (3/1 Runethane 2, +1/+1 Int)
(0) Detect magic, minor Illusion, detect poison
(1) Fireburst

Possessions:
Mules ; Quantity: 2 ; Unit price: 8 gp [ 0 lb ] ;Tot. Cost: 16 ;Tot. Weight: 0

Closed wagon with lock (good) on door. ; Quantity: 1 ; Unit price: 200 gp [ 0 lb ] ;Tot. Cost: 200 ;Tot. Weight: 0

Chests 1 ; Quantity: 1 ; Unit price: 2 gp [ 25 lb ] ;Tot. Cost: 2 ;Tot. Weight: 25
good lock on chest ; Quantity: 1 ; Unit price: 80 gp [ 1 lb ] ;Tot. Cost: 80 ;Tot. Weight: 1
Alchemist's lab ; Quantity: 1 ; Unit price: 500 gp [ 40 lb ] ;Tot. Cost: 500 ;Tot. Weight: 40
Masterwork artisants tools (forgery) ; Quantity: 1 ; Unit price: 55 gp [ 5 lb ] ;Tot. Cost: 55 ;Tot. Weight: 5
Merchants scale ; Quantity: 1 ; Unit price: 2 gp [ 1 lb ] ;Tot. Cost: 2 ;Tot. Weight: 1
Ink (1 oz vial) -red ; Quantity: 1 ; Unit price: 8 gp [ 0 lb ] ;Tot. Cost: 8 ;Tot. Weight: 0
Ink (1 oz vial) -blue ; Quantity: 1 ; Unit price: 8 gp [ 0 lb ] ;Tot. Cost: 8 ;Tot. Weight: 0
Ink (1 oz vial) -yellow ; Quantity: 1 ; Unit price: 8 gp [ 0 lb ] ;Tot. Cost: 8 ;Tot. Weight: 0
Ink (1 oz vial) -black ; Quantity: 5 ; Unit price: 8 gp [ 0 lb ] ;Tot. Cost: 40 ;Tot. Weight: 0
Inkpen ; Quantity: 20 ; Unit price: 0.1 gp [ 0 lb ] ;Tot. Cost: 2 ;Tot. Weight: 0
paper (sheet) ; Quantity: 25 ; Unit price: 0.4 gp [ 0 lb ] ;Tot. Cost: 10 ;Tot. Weight: 0
parchment ; Quantity: 50 ; Unit price: 0.2 gp [ 0 lb ] ;Tot. Cost: 10 ;Tot. Weight: 0
Chalk (piece) ; Quantity: 50 ; Unit price: 0.01 gp [ 0 lb ] ;Tot. Cost: 0.5 ;Tot. Weight: 0
Sealing wax (red) ; Quantity: 2 ; Unit price: 1 gp [ 0 lb ] ;Tot. Cost: 2 ;Tot. Weight: 0
Sealing wax (yellow) ; Quantity: 2 ; Unit price: 1 gp [ 0 lb ] ;Tot. Cost: 2 ;Tot. Weight: 0
Sealing wax (blue) ; Quantity: 2 ; Unit price: 1 gp [ 0 lb ] ;Tot. Cost: 2 ;Tot. Weight: 0
Sealing wax (black) ; Quantity: 2 ; Unit price: 1 gp [ 0 lb ] ;Tot. Cost: 2 ;Tot. Weight: 0
Sealing wax (white) ; Quantity: 2 ; Unit price: 1 gp [ 0 lb ] ;Tot. Cost: 2 ;Tot. Weight: 0

Chests 2 (unlocked) ; Quantity: 1 ; Unit price: 2 gp [ 25 lb ] ;Tot. Cost: 2 ;Tot. Weight: 25
Bedroll ; Quantity: 1 ; Unit price: 0.1 gp [ 5 lb ] ;Tot. Cost: 0.1 ;Tot. Weight: 5
Blanket, winter ; Quantity: 1 ; Unit price: 0.5 gp [ 3 lb ] ;Tot. Cost: 0.5 ;Tot. Weight: 3
Cold weather outfit ; Quantity: 1 ; Unit price: 8 gp [ 7 lb ] ;Tot. Cost: 8 ;Tot. Weight: 7
Back pack ; Quantity: 1 ; Unit price: 2 gp [ 2 lb ] ;Tot. Cost: 2 ;Tot. Weight: 2
Pack saddle ; Quantity: 1 ; Unit price: 15 gp [ 0 lb ] ;Tot. Cost: 15 ;Tot. Weight: 0

Chests 3 (unlocked) ; Quantity: 1 ; Unit price: 2 gp [ 25 lb ] ;Tot. Cost: 2 ;Tot. Weight: 25
Book + 2 of runes ; Quantity: 1 ; Unit price: 40 gp [ 1 lb ] ;Tot. Cost: 40 ;Tot. Weight: 1
Book + 2 of magic ; Quantity: 1 ; Unit price: 40 gp [ 1 lb ] ;Tot. Cost: 40 ;Tot. Weight: 1
Book + 2 of spellcraft ; Quantity: 1 ; Unit price: 40 gp [ 1 lb ] ;Tot. Cost: 40 ;Tot. Weight: 1
Book + 2 of history ; Quantity: 1 ; Unit price: 40 gp [ 1 lb ] ;Tot. Cost: 40 ;Tot. Weight: 1

Chests 4 (unlocked - padded) ; Quantity: 1 ; Unit price: 2 gp [ 25 lb ] ;Tot. Cost: 2 ;Tot. Weight: 25
Alchemist's fire ; Quantity: 3 ; Unit price: 7 gp [ 1.25 lb ] ;Tot. Cost: 21 ;Tot. Weight: 3.75
Alchemist's frost ; Quantity: 3 ; Unit price: 7 gp [ 1.25 lb ] ;Tot. Cost: 21 ;Tot. Weight: 3.75

Chests 5 (unlocked - padded) ; Quantity: 1 ; Unit price: 2 gp [ 25 lb ] ;Tot. Cost: 2 ;Tot. Weight: 25
Antitoxin ; Quantity: 2 ; Unit price: 16.67 gp [ 0 lb ] ;Tot. Cost: 33.34 ;Tot. Weight: 0
Acid ; Quantity: 2 ; Unit price: 7 gp [ 1.25 lb ] ;Tot. Cost: 14 ;Tot. Weight: 2.5
Flash powder ; Quantity: 2 ; Unit price: 12 gp [ 1.25 lb ] ;Tot. Cost: 24 ;Tot. Weight: 2.5
Smoke bomb ; Quantity: 2 ; Unit price: 13.34 gp [ 1.25 lb ] ;Tot. Cost: 26.68 ;Tot. Weight: 2.5
Tanglegfoot bag ; Quantity: 3 ; Unit price: 16.67 gp [ 4 lb ] ;Tot. Cost: 50.01 ;Tot. Weight: 12
Thunderstone ; Quantity: 2 ; Unit price: 10 gp [ 1.25 lb ] ;Tot. Cost: 20 ;Tot. Weight: 2.5
Tindertwig ; Quantity: 20 ; Unit price: 0.34 gp [ 0 lb ] ;Tot. Cost: 6.8 ;Tot. Weight: 0
Trollbane powder ; Quantity: 3 ; Unit price: 3.34 gp [ 1 lb ] ;Tot. Cost: 10.02 ;Tot. Weight: 3
Sunrod ; Quantity: 3 ; Unit price: 0.67 gp [ 1 lb ] ;Tot. Cost: 2.01 ;Tot. Weight: 3
Smokestick ; Quantity: 3 ; Unit price: 6.67 gp [ 0 lb ] ;Tot. Cost: 20.01 ;Tot. Weight: 0

Hung on wall:
Waterskin ; Quantity: 1 ; Unit price: 1 gp [ 0 lb ] ;Tot. Cost: 1 ;Tot. Weight: 0
Iron Pot ; Quantity: 1 ; Unit price: 0.5 gp [ 2 lb ] ;Tot. Cost: 0.5 ;Tot. Weight: 2
Trail rations (per day, on shelves) ; Quantity: 10 ; Unit price: 0.5 gp [ 1 lb ] ;Tot. Cost: 5 ;Tot. Weight: 10
10ft ladder (Top of wagon) ; Quantity: 1 ; Unit price: 0.05 gp [ 20 lb ] ;Tot. Cost: 0.05 ;Tot. Weight: 20
Shovel ; Quantity: 1 ; Unit price: 2 gp [ 8 lb ] ;Tot. Cost: 2 ;Tot. Weight: 8

Wearing/Carrying
Dagger (Front left) ; Quantity: 1 ; Unit price: 2 gp [ 1 lb ] ;Tot. Cost: 2 ;Tot. Weight: 1
Dagger (front right) ; Quantity: 1 ; Unit price: 2 gp [ 1 lb ] ;Tot. Cost: 2 ;Tot. Weight: 1
Adventurer's outfit ; Quantity: 1 ; Unit price: 5 gp [ 2 lb ] ;Tot. Cost: 5 ;Tot. Weight: 2
Amulet of spell knowledge-true strike (around neck) ; Quantity: 1 ; Unit price: 1000 gp [ 0 lb ] ;Tot. Cost: 1000 ;Tot. Weight: 0

Belt pouch (left) ; Quantity: 1 ; Unit price: 1 gp [ 0.5 lb ] ;Tot. Cost: 1 ;Tot. Weight: 0.5
Magnifying glass ; Quantity: 1 ; Unit price: 100 gp [ 0 lb ] ;Tot. Cost: 100 ;Tot. Weight: 0
Antitoxin ; Quantity: 1 ; Unit price: 16.67 gp [ 0 lb ] ;Tot. Cost: 16.67 ;Tot. Weight: 0
Tindertwig ; Quantity: 5 ; Unit price: 0.34 gp [ 0 lb ] ;Tot. Cost: 1.7 ;Tot. Weight: 0
Flint and steel ; Quantity: 1 ; Unit price: 1 gp [ 0 lb ] ;Tot. Cost: 1 ;Tot. Weight: 0
20gp red gem ; Quantity: 3 ; Unit price: 20 gp [ 0 lb ] ;Tot. Cost: 60 ;Tot. Weight: 0
little sack for coins (front left) see coins below

Belt pouch (right) ; Quantity: 1 ; Unit price: 1 gp [ 0.5 lb ] ;Tot. Cost: 1 ;Tot. Weight: 0.5
Tindertwig ; Quantity: 1 ; Unit price: 0.34 gp [ 0 lb ] ;Tot. Cost: 0.34 ;Tot. Weight: 0
Trollbane powder ; Quantity: 1 ; Unit price: 3.34 gp [ 1 lb ] ;Tot. Cost: 3.34 ;Tot. Weight: 1
Smoke bomb ; Quantity: 1 ; Unit price: 13.34 gp [ 1.25 lb ] ;Tot. Cost: 13.34 ;Tot. Weight: 1.25

Sash (padded) ; Quantity: 1 ; Unit price: 0.1 gp [ 0.5 lb ] ;Tot. Cost: 0.1 ;Tot. Weight: 0.5
Alchemist's frost ; Quantity: 1 ; Unit price: 6.34 gp [ 1.25 lb ] ;Tot. Cost: 6.34 ;Tot. Weight: 1.25
Alchemist's fire ; Quantity: 1 ; Unit price: 6.34 gp [ 1.25 lb ] ;Tot. Cost: 6.34 ;Tot. Weight: 1.25

Back (strap)
Heavy cross bow (back) ; Quantity: 1 ; Unit price: 50 gp [ 9 lb ] ;Tot. Cost: 50 ;Tot. Weight: 9
10 Bolts ; Quantity: 1 ; Unit price: 1 gp [ 2 lb ] ;Tot. Cost: 1 ;Tot. Weight: 2

Coins= 26.31 gp
Weight carried (with cross bow & bolts) = 21.25 lb
Weight carried (no cross bow & bolts) = 10.25 lb

Amulet of Spell Knowledge (True strike): This smooth-cut stone contains a single complex or exotic spell that the wearer adds to her repertoire. She can now choose to ready this spell as if she had normal access to it.
Moderate transmutation; Caster Level varies (just high enough to cast spell implanted in stone); Craft Constant Item, varies (creator must know spell implanted in stone); Price: (level of spell implanted) squared: 1,000 gp;Weight:—

Appearance:

Urgo'Nangoroth's right arm has personal notes tatooed in it to prepare his 0 and first level spells. The characters are tiny, and one must be less than 2" away to recognise them.

Personality:

Urgo'Nangoroth (the re-awakened one, in Draconic - Urgo for short) is very intellectually curious. He sees his Mojh-dom as a a great gift that was bestowed upon him, and has an unusual appreciation for life. For a Mojh, he is very "human" and friendly.

He is somewhat disapointed that others view his Mojhdom with suspicion, as specially since the transformation saved his life. also, because of his history, he dislikes the idea that the Giants are the sole decision makers in the Land of the Diamond Throne. He understands the hitorical role of the Tall ones, but he feels that that other races need more power. The Giants, like all people, have a biased view of life. Balance can be acheived if more races participate in ruling the land. Just as anybody else he meets, he will judge Giants on an individual level.

He is intrigued by faens, the only other race that has a "transformation ritual". He views those faens that choose to become sprites as kindred spirits (even though they sometimes make no sence at all).

Since he is still new to Mojhdom, he has not gotten used to refering to himself as genderless. He also refers to his brother as "him" and not "it".

He is protective of his brother. Urgo understands his pain and his dislike of giants, but is afraid that he may go too far and get hurt one day. However, he is very grateful to have him. Most mojh are very lonely, but because his twin underwent the transformation with him, he doesn't have this feeling of isolation.

Backstory:

- Relatively modest family with head of household that works for the Giants, city/town X.
- Fatal congenital disease started to affect at about age 15. Unknown disease, but every year, we became weaker, and weaker. Also, we could have become disfigured as humans (see why below, also, this could explain why we may not have a 100% exact Mojh physiology (I'm thinking of the things on your head that open when you get mad; I haven thought of anything specific for my character, maybe a weird color or something)).
- The giants refused to help our parents in sending us to a known Mojh enclave at location X. At the begining, the request to the giants was for financial assistance, but the giants not only refused, but started spying on the family to make sure our goal didn't happen. They also intimidated them.
- Faked funeral, so we could disapear without hurting the family. This adds a bit of spice to our story. We need to figure out the details (did we get spare bodies? Since we were disfigured, we had to modify them in some way. Was only our direct tfamily involved, or did we get help. I'm thinking hat The mojh fromthe enclave could have helped us, and the fact that strange lizard-like creatures were walking about in our neck of town could have freaked the giants even more...
- We got transformed/re-awakened. Here we are. Why are we going to the town we'll be starting in? Maybe we heard the forgery business is good there? Maybe I'm looking for a special ingredient for may alchemical formulation. Maybe I want to buy a book from a know alchemy guru there...

Last edited:

jhilahd

Explorer
It's a start. A small one mind you, but a start.

Camris Maal
Truename - Aubreisis
Male Human Iron Witch 3
Height: 5'11"
Weight: 168lbs
Skin: Olive, almost gray
Hair: Black with silver streaks
Eyes: Steel Blue

Attributes
Dex: 10 (+0)
Con: 9 (-1)
Int: 13 (+1)
Wis: 18 (+4)
Cha: 14 (+2)

Hit Dice: 1d6 - 1
HP: 11 [Max]
AC: 11 [10 + 1 Armor + 0 Dex]
Initiative: +4 (Improved Intiative)
BAB: +2
Melee: +3 [+1 Strength +2 Base]
Ranged: +2 [+0 Dex +2 Base]
Speed: 30’ [with Fleet of Foot feat]

Saves
Fort: +0 [+1 base, -1 Con]
Ref: +1 [+1 base, +0 Dex]
Will: +7 [+3 base, +4 Wis]

Attacks-Weapons:

Feats:

Sense the Unseen(ceremonial), The Voice (talent), Improved Intiative (General)

Skills:

Bluff +4 [2 ranks]
Concentration +5 [6 ranks]
Diplomacy +4 [2 ranks]
Disable Device +4 [3 ranks]
Gather Information +4 [2 ranks]
Heal +9 [5 ranks]
Knowledge (Arcana) +3 [1 ranks]
Open Lock +1 [1 ranks]
Listen +6 [4 ranks]
Profession (Blacksmith) +6 [2 ranks]
Sense Motive +10 [6 ranks]
Spellcraft +7 [6 ranks]
Use Magic Device +8 [6 ranks]

Languages - Common, Giant.

Possessions:

Wearing/Carrying
Padded jack (+1 AC, max Dex +0, check penalty 0) - 15 lbs [10 gp].
Dagger - 1 lb [2 gp].

Coin: 2,700gp.

Appearance: .

Personality:

Backstory:

Last edited:

mpickett81

First Post
Matzerath
Truename - Ptekramtick
Genderless mojh Akashic 2 / Unfettered 1
Height: 6'2"
Weight: 124lbs
skin: light brown with subtle green and purple streaks

Attributes
Dex: 14 (+2)
Con: 10 (+0)
Int: 18 (+4)
Wis: 10 (+0)
Cha: 14(+2)

Hit Dice: 2d6 + 1d8 + 0
HP: 17 [Max]
AC: 18 [10 + 3 Armor + 1 shield +2 dex +1 nat +1 unfettered]
AC is 22 against one visible foe in melee per round (parry bonus +4)
Initiative: +2
Melee: +3 [+1 Strength]
Ranged: +4 [+2 Dex]

Saves
Fort: +0 [+0 base, +0 Con]
Ref: +4 [+2 base, +2 Dex]
Will: +3 [+3 base, +0 Wis]

Attacks-Weapons:
MW Greater Battle Claw: +4 [+3 Melee +1 MW, 1d8+1 damage [+1 Strength], 19-20x2, S]
MW mighty +1 comp longbow: +5 [+4 ranged +1 MW, 1d8 +1 damage [+1 Strength], x3, P]
note: +1 hit & damage within 30 ft
note: w/ bodkin arrows, ignore 2 pts of target's armor bonus to AC
Dagger: +3 [+3 Melee, 1d4 +1 damage [+1 Strength], 19-20/x2, P]

Feats: Sensitive (talent), Point blank shot (general), Opportunist (ceremonial)

Skills:
Appraise +4 [0 ranks]
Balance +4 [0 ranks]
Bluff +8 [6 ranks]
Climb +5 [4 ranks]
Concentration +0 [0 ranks]

Craft (any) +4 [0 ranks]
Decipher Script + 8 [4 ranks]
Diplomacy +6 [0 ranks]
Disable Device +10 [4 ranks] (-2 w/o mw thief kit)
Disguise +7 [5 ranks] (+2 when knowingly observed in character)

Escape Artist +2 [0 ranks]
Forgery +8 [2 ranks]
Gather Info +2 [0 ranks]
Heal +0 [0 ranks]
Intimidate +8 [4 ranks]

Jump +1 [0 ranks]
K (Religion) +9 [1 rank]
K (Cosmology) +9 [1 rank]
K (Runes) +11 [1 rank]
K (science) +9 [1 rank]

K (Sailing) +9 [1 rank]
Listen +0 [0 ranks]
Open Lock +9 [5 ranks] (-2 w/o mw thief kit)
Perform +2 [0 ranks]
Ride +2 [0 ranks]

Search +8 [4 ranks]
Sense Motive +6 [6 ranks]
Sleight of Hand +7 [3 ranks]
Sneak +8 [6 ranks]
Spot +5 [5 ranks]

Swim +1 [0 ranks]
Use Magic Device + 7 [5 ranks] (+2 for using scrolls)
Use Rope +2 [0 ranks]
Wild Surv +0 [0 ranks]

Languages - Common, Draconic, Giant, Faen, Litorian, Infernal.

Racial qualities: Speak common and draconic; darkvision 60'; +2 to balance, K (runes), and forgery checks; +1 nat armor; +2 Int, -2 Con.

Possessions:
Magic Items
Ring of safe fall (1/day) [400 gp]

Wearing/Carrying
MW Studded Jack (+3 AC, max Dex +5, check penalty 0) - 20 lbs - [175 gp].
MW round shield (+1 AC, check pen 0) - 6lbs - [159 gp]
MW Greater Battle Claw - 3 lbs - [325 gp]
MW mighty +1 comp longbow - 3 lbs - [500 gp]
Bodkin Arrows (20) - 1 lb - [10 gp]
Arrows (20) - 1 lb - [1 gp]

trollbane powder - 1 lb - [2 gp]
flashpowder - 1 lb - [35 gp]
smokebomb - 1 lb - [40 gp]

disguise kit - 8 lbs - [50 gp]
MW thieves' tools - 2 lbs - [100 gp]
silk rope 50' - 5 lbs - [10 gp]

backpack - 2 lbs - [2 gp]
belt pouch - .5 lbs - [1 gp]
expensive adventuring outfit - 2 lbs - [50 gp]
jewlery - 1 lb - [50 gp]
ink vial - 0 lbs - [8 gp]
inkpen - 0 lbs - [1 sp]
paper (5 sheets) - 0 lbs - [2 gp]

Coin:
780 gp
9 sp

Appearance: Like most mojh, Matzerath stands tall and gaunt. Most of his reptilian skin is a dull brown, but mottled with bright purple, green, and other vibrant colors. Matzerath takes great pride in these markings and thus always ensures he is clean and shiny. Despite his humble backgrounds, his garments resemble those of a wealthy knight. For special ocassions (or times when he needs to diguise himself), Matzerath dons several rings, necklaces, and bracelets all fit for a noble.
Certainly, Matzerath's most peculiar trait is the ruffled skin flaps behind his earholes. When angry, frightened, or otherwise suffering a strong emotional reaction, these flaps open into multi-hued frilled fans, running vertically down the sides of his head. Matzerath does not seem to have control over this reaction.

Personality: While he shares many views with his brother Urgo, Matzerath has not chosen to adopt the same positive attitude as his sibling. The opposition he faced from giants in his life-saving effort to become a mojh has made him negative, angry, and resentful of any type of authority... especially giants.

Matzerath revels in his mojh abilities and sees the mojh transformation as the only way for humans to achieve true potential. However, he does not revere the dramojh in any way. While self-centered and willing to lie, cheat, steal and even kill for what he wants, the young mojh is not without any moral compass. He directs these actions towards those he sees as abusive of their autority. Matzerath values personal freedom more than anything and may become uncharacteristically heroic if the freedom of another is threatened.

Matzerath hates giants and sees their anger over the mojh transformation as hypocrital... given their own tendencies toward ritual-based enhancement. Giants, Matzerath argues, are little better than the dramojh, both having imposed their rule on a land that is not their's. He is disgusted by those sibbecai willing to grovel at the feet of their giant creators. Matzerath generally respects faen, verrik, and litorians, however.

Backstory:
see Urgo's entry (may add my own later)

Last edited:

Dougal DeKree

First Post
Arkas, male loresong

Arkas the Astounding
Truename - Tarthannamas
Male Loresong Akashic1/Magister2
Height: 3'6"
Weight: 48lbs
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Blue

Attributes
Str: 6 (-2) [0, -2 loresong]
Dex: 16 (+3) [10]
Con: 14 (+2) [6]
Int: 18 (+4) [10, +2 loresong]
Wis: 8 (-1) [0]
Cha: 14 (+2)
[6]

Hit Dice: 1d6 + 2
HP: 20 [Max]
AC: 14 [10 + 0 Armor + 3 Dex + 1 Size]
Initiative: +3
BAB: +1
Melee: -1 [-2 Strength]
Ranged: +4 [+3 Dex]
Speed: 20’

Saves
Fort: +2 [+0 base, +2 Con]
Ref: +3 [+0 base, +3 Dex]
Will: +4 [+5 base, -1 Wis]

Attacks-Weapons:
Note: My Magisters-Staff is a club (looks very usual) ;)
Staff: -1 [-1 Melee,1d6 -2 damage [-2 Strength], x2, B]
Composite Shortbow: +4 [+4 Ranged, 1d6 damage, 20/x2, P, 70']

Feats: Way with Animals (talent), Wild Mage (ceremonial), Brandish Magical Might (ceremonial)

Skills:
Animal Empathy +4 [2 ranks]
Bluff+6 [4 ranks]
Concentration+8 [6 ranks]
Craft (Cooking) +5 [1 rank]
Diplomacy+6 [4 ranks]
Gather Information+6 [4 ranks]
Handle Animal +4 [2 ranks]
Knowledge (dangerous beasts) +10 [6 ranks]
Knowledge (Magic) +10 [6 ranks]
Ride +5 [2 ranks]
Search +10 [6 ranks]
Sense Motive +6 [4 ranks]
Sneak + 12 [3 ranks,+6 racial]
Spellcraft +12 [6 ranks, +2 racial]
Tumble +7 [4 ranks]
(SU) Akashic Skill Memory for an additional +2 per check, if suitable.

Languages - Common, Faen, Giant, Draconic, Sylvan, Troll.

Racial qualities: Speak common and faen; low light vision; +2 to Spellcraft; -2 Str, +2 Int; Small size, +1 to AC and +4 to sneak; loresong, +2 to sneak; 20' Base Speed; Spell-like Abilities - cast detect magic, ghost sound, lesser glowglobe once per day.

Possessions:

Amulet of Spell Knowledge "Plant Armor" - 1k gp
Ring of magical Might lvl1 - 1k gp

Riding Dog – 150gp
Riding Saddle – 10gp
Mule - 8 gp
Pack saddle - 15 gp

Prot. Oil – 25gp ( will use this immediately to strengthen my staff)

Wearing/Carrying
Explorers Outfit[10 gp].
Magisters Staff, which is a club - 3lbs [1gp].
Composite Shortbow – 75gp
Bodkin Arrows (20) – 10gp

In backpack on mule Backpack - 2 lbs [2gp].
5 torches – 5cp
4 Tindertwigs – 4gp
Trollbane Powder – 10gp
Silk Rope – 10gp

Attached to pack saddle (using bags)
Waterskin - 1 gp
Explorers Outfit – 10gp
Bodkin Arrows (20) – 10gp
Flint&Steel – 1gp
4 Oilskins – 4sp
Lantern, Bullseye - 12gp
5 candles - 5cp
8 days Food for the Animals – 12sp (i assumed 1 sp for the dog here, per day)
8 Trail Rations – 4gp
Hourglass – 25gp
Ink, Inkvial and Inkpen - 8gp, 1sp
4 sheets of paper – 1gp, 6sp
Iron Pot – 5sp
Bedroll – 1sp
Soap – 5sp
Tent – 10gp
Winter Blanket – 5sp
4 bags of Caltrops – 4gp

stowed safely (using mud) inside the iron pot:
4 Vials of Acid – 40gp
3 Alchemists Fire – 60gp

Coin: 23gp, 9sp, 10cp.

Appearance: Arkas, a young loresong magister, grew up deep in the Harrowdeep. He liked the place, brimming with life. All those animals, that seemed to like him - even to understand him. But then he was sent to some boring place by his parents – they wanted him to become an Akashic, like them. Training his memory was not Arkas favorite use of time, the magic some old guy at the place he stayed used seemed so much more interesting. Strangely most of the other faen didn’t really like the old Spryte, thinking he was strange, talking all day about „The Wyld“ and using magic in strange ways. But this did seem all the more fascinating and so, throwing caution to the wind, Arkas soon started getting teached by him. This training is why Arkas’ way of using magic seems bizarre to most other magisters. To them all gestures, words and Arkas' general attitude are wrong (he has fun, doing what he does) - but it still works somehow, only the power of his spellcasting seems to be changing all the time.
After he set out to learn more than contained in his books, he came about some settlements - not in the woods, and with interesting species and habits. Especially things they call "engineering" and "science" seem most wondrous, but he still knows little about it. But he is willing to learn...and have fun.

Last edited:

Tychus

First Post
Lo-Duran
Truename - (Yes)
Male Giant Akashic 3
Height: 6'11"
Weight: 312lbs
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Brown

Attributes
Str: 14 (+1) [4 points, +2 racial]
Dex: 10 (+0) [4 points, -2 racial]
Con: 12 (+1) [4 points]
Int: 16 (+3) [10 points]
Wis: 14 (+2) [6 points]
Cha: 12 (+0) [4 points]

Hit Dice: 3d6 + 3
HP: 18 [Max]
AC: 14 [10 +4 Armor + 0 Dex]
Initiative: +0
Melee: +4 [+2 Strength]
Ranged: +2 [+0 Dex]
Speed: 20’ (Medium Encumbrance)

Saves
Fort: +2 [+1 base, +1 Con] (+4 vs poison)
Ref: +1 [+1 base, +0 Dex]
Will: +5 [+3 base, +2 Wis]

Attacks-Weapons:
Masterwork Halberd: +5 [+4 Melee, +1 MW, 1d10 +3 damage [+3 Strength], x3, P/S]
Heavy Mace: +4 [+4 Melee, 1d8 +2 damage [+2/+3 Strength (1H/2H)], x2, B]
Dagger: +4 [+4 Melee, 1d4 +2 damage [+2 Strength], 19-20/x2, P]
Sap: +4 [+4 Melee, 1d6 +2 damage [+2 Strength] (Subdual), x2, B]
Mighty Composite Longbow +2 : +2 [+2 Ranged, 1d8 +2 damage [+2 Strength], x3, P]

Feats: Expertise, Improved Trip, Opportunist (ceremonial)

Class Features: Skill memory (+2, 1/day), Perfect recall, Delve into collective memory (3/day)

Skills:
Alchemy +8 [5 ranks, +3 Int]
Appraise +8 [5 ranks, +3 Int]
Bluff +6 [5 ranks, +1 Cha]
Craft (Trapmaking) +6 [1 rank, +3 Int, +2 racial]
Diplomacy +12 [5 ranks, +1 Cha, +2 racial, +4 synergy]
Disable Device +10 [5 ranks, +3 Int, +2 tools]
Gather Information +6 [5 ranks, +1 Cha]
Heal +9 [5 ranks, +2 Wis, +2 kit]
Innuendo +5/+5 (Send/Receive) [1 rank, +2 Wis, +2/+2 synergy]
Intimidate +8 [5 ranks, +1 Cha, +2 synergy]
Knowledge (Ceremony) +7 [1 rank, +3 Int, +3 Perfect Recall]
Knowledge (Dangerous Beasts) +7 [1 rank, +3 Int, +3 Perfect Recall]
Knowledge (Engineering) +9 [1 rank, +3 Int, +3 Perfect Recall, +2 Book]
Knowledge (Geography) +9 [1 rank, +3 Int, +3 Perfect Recall, +2 Book]
Knowledge (History) +9 [1 rank, +3 Int, +3 Perfect Recall, +2 Book]
Knowledge (Nature) +7 [1 rank, +3 Int, +3 Perfect Recall]
Knowledge (Nobility and Courtesy) +7 [1 rank, +3 Int, +3 Perfect Recall]
Knowledge (Science) +9 [1 rank, +3 Int, +3 Perfect Recall, +2 Book]
Search +8 [5 ranks, +3 Int]
Sense Motive +10 [6 ranks, +2 Wis, +2 racial]
Spot +7 [5 ranks, +2 Wis]

Languages - Common, Giant, Litorian, Faen, Rhodin

Racial qualities: +2 STR, -2 DEX; Speak common and giant; +2 to Diplomacy, Sense Motive, Craft.

Possessions:

Heavy Horse [200 gp] (Encumbered when ridden)
Bit and Bridle - 1 lb [2 gp]
Riding Saddle - 25 lbs [10 gp]
Saddlebags - 8 lbs [4 gp]

Worn/Carried (68 lbs)
Explorer's Outfit - 8 lbs [10 gp]
Chain Shirt (+4 AC, Max Dex +4, Check Penalty -2) - 25 lbs [100 gp]
Masterwork Halberd ( +1 Attack) - 15 lbs [310 gp]
Heavy Mace - 12 lbs [12 gp]
Dagger - 1 lb [2 gp]
Sap - 3 lbs [1 gp]
Masterwork Thieves' Tools - 2 lbs [100 gp]
Magnifying Glass - * [100 gp]
Elixir of Clarity, 5 doses (Magic Item, see below) - * [500 gp]
Powder of Prowess, 2 doses (Magic Item, see below - * [200 gp]
Backpack - 2 lbs [2 gp]

In Backpack (29 lbs)
Acid, Flask x2 - 2.5 lb [20 gp]
Book +2 (Engineering) - 1 lb [2 gp]
Book +2 (Geography) - 1 lb [2 gp]
Book +2 (History) - 1 lb [2 gp]
Book +2 (Science) - 1 lb [2 gp]
Flint and Steel - * [1 gp]
Healer's Kit - 1 lb [50 gp]
Ink (1oz) - * [8 gp]
Inkpen - * [1 sp]
Logbook - 1 lb [5 gp]
Manacles w/ average lock x2 - 6 lbs [110 gp]
Mirror, Small Steel - .5 lbs [10 gp]
Sewing Needle - * [5 sp]
Sunrod x5 - 5 lbs [10 gp]
Tindertwig x10 - * [10 gp]
Trail Rations (1 day) - 1 lb [5 sp]
Waterskin x2 - 8 lbs [2 gp]

In/On Saddlebags (73 lbs)
Quiver, 20 Bodkin Arrows - 3 lbs [10 gp]
Arrow of Hindrance x2 (Magic Item, see below) - .3 lbs [500 gp]
Mighty Composite Longbow +2 - 3 lbs [300 gp]
Bedroll - 5 lbs [1 sp]
Blanket, Winter - 3 lbs [5 sp]
Feed (2 days) - 20 lbs [1 sp]
Hammer - 2 lbs [5 sp]
Pot, Iron - 2 lbs [5 sp]
Rope, Hemp (50 ft) - 10 lbs [1 gp]
Tent - 20 lbs [10 gp]
Trail Rations (5 days) - 5 lbs [25 sp]

Magic Items
Arrow of Hindrance: The heads of these heavy black +2 arrows appear to be covered in a molassy substance which wont come off. When they strike, the target is briefly surrounded by a thick sticky substance before being reduced in speed by 30 feet. The range penalty is doubled for each range increment as the arrows do not fly as well as normal. The effect lasts for 3 minutes if the target fails their saving throw as drain away speed (lesser).
Faint Transmutation; Caster Level: 3rd; Craft Arms and Armor, drain away speed (lesser); Price: 250gp (per arrow).

Elixir of Clarity: This small vial contains a clear liquid and is stoppered with an eyedropper. When drops are placed in the eyes, the user is granted the effect of Precise Vision (+5 to Spot and Search, 10 min/lvl). A single vial often holds multiple doses. Faint Transmutation, Caster Level: 1st, Craft Single Use Item, Precise Vision, Price: 100 gp (per dose).

Powder of Prowess: This tiny vial contains a fine silvery powder. When inhaled, the powder grants the user the effects of Heightened Bash (+5 Attack and Damage, 1 rd/lvl until used). Faint Transmutation, Caster Level: 1st, Craft Single Use Item, Bash, Price: 100 gp (per dose).

Coin: 85 gp, 17 sp

Appearance: At 6' 11" and 312 lbs, Lo-Duran represents a fairly typical giantish specimen. He keeps his hair cut short off the ears in the traditional style, but also keeps his face clean shaven - something of a rarity among giantish men. Fair skinned, he is somewhat prone to sunburn. Lo-Duran maintains a neat and professional wardrobe, but opts for utility and comfort over fashion and flash. His many pockets hold the tools he most often finds need for, as well as trinkets and curiousities he happens across throughout the day. Lo-Duran's one affectation is a wide brimmed traveling hat, which he wears whenever he is out of doors.

Personality: Patience and diligence are the qualities that best describe Lo-Duran. Analytical and articulate, Lo-Duran prefers to keep his own counsel until he feels he has enough information to make the correct decision. Some have mistaken this for slow-wittedness, to their misfortune. Calm and collected, Lo-Duran tries to avoid combat, but he is an efficient combatant when pressed, quick to identify and take advantage of an opponent's weaknesses. He feels a sense of duty to protect the innocent, and those that put innocents in danger are most likely to raise his ire. Lo-Duran holds an extreme distaste for compulsion and other mind-affecting magic. He is an avid reader a possesses great curiousity for the world around him.

Backstory: Lo-Duran is a criminal investigator who works with the city watch in De-Shamod. Over the years, he has helped solve cases from petty theft to kidnapping and murder.

A year ago, Lo-Duran's friend and fellow investigator Sa-Tolen was brutally murdered. The killer was quickly identified as the relative of a criminal the two giants had helped convict for multiple murders, and swiftly brought to justice. Lo-Duran believed that the killer was actually working on orders from someone else, and has since been privately conducting his own investigation. He recently uncovered evidence that has lead him to believe there is something to be learned in Navael. After securing a leave of absence from his position in De-Shamod, Lo-Duran set out for Navael to continue his inquiries.

Last edited:

GoodKingJayIII

First Post
Eryic Darumen
Truename - Flanelis
Human Male Wind Witch 3
Height: 6'1"
Weight: 167 lb
Hair: long, dirty blonde
Eyes: blue

Attributes
Str: 14 (+2)
Dex: 12 (+1)
Con: 13 (+1)
Int: 11 (+0)
Wis: 16 (+3)
Cha: 12 (+1)

Hit Dice: 3d6+3
HP: 18 [Max]
AC: 11 [10 + 1 Dex] (+1 deflection when wielding witchblade),
(+4 Eldritch Armor)
Initiative: +5
Melee: +4 [+2 Strength]
Ranged: +3 [+1 Dex]

Saves
Fort: +2 [+1 base, +1 Con]
Ref: +2 [+1 base, +1 Dex]
Will: +6 [+3 base, +3 Wis]

Class Abilities: Witchery Manifestion: Blade, spellcasting, Air Resistance 20
Spell Slots per Day: 3/3
Spells Readied per Day: 4/3

Spells readied: 0 - Bash, Detect Magic, Ghost Sound, Lesser Repair; 1 - Eldritch Armor, Mind Stab, Lesser Transfer Wounds

Attacks-Weapons:
Witchblade +5 (shortsword: 1d6+2, longsword: 1d8+2, greatsword: 2d6+3, all 19-20/x2)

Feats: Weapon Focus (Witchblade), Energy Mage (electricity), Improved Initiative, Exotic Spell (Eldritch Armor)

Skills:
Bluff +5 [4 ranks]
Concentration +5[4 ranks]
Craft (Weaponry) +7 [6 ranks]
Knowledge (magic) +5 [4 ranks]
Knowledge (religion) +3 [2 ranks]
Sense Motive +7 [4 ranks]
Spellcraft +7[6 ranks]
Spot +3 [0 ranks]
Use Magic Device +5[4 ranks]

Languages - Common, Verrick

Racial qualities: +1 skill point/level, bonus feat

Possessions:
Grey robes
sandals

Wearing/Carrying
Grey robes - 1 gp
witchbag - 5 gp
waterskin - 1 gp
backpack - 2 gp
masterwork crafter's kit - 300 gp
15 yellow gems (electricity template component) - 300 gp
Amulet of Spell Knowledge (Truestrike) - 1000 gp
Miniature silver shield (doubles duration of abjuration spells) (2) - 200 gp

Coin:
889 gp, 15 sp, 50 cp

Appearance: Tall and thin, Eryic's long face is often fixed in a stony, strong look. His long blond hair stretches down his back, dirty and unkempt. His eyes are blue, icy, and stern. He wears nothing but dirty grey robes and sandals, tied by a blue sash, with his witchbag tied to it. He wears only a backpack, and appears to have no weaponry. His wiry frame and billowing robes hide the strength in his arms and body.

Personality: Quiet and enigmatic, Eryic does not appear to be the friendliest person. Despite this, his presence is undeniably commanding and strong. He is zealous about his beliefs, some might say overly so. He does what is necessary, and when it is necessary. While not opposed to violence (he enjoys his witchery and using his skills in combat), he is willing to avoid it if possible. He enjoys the company of verrick, faen, and especially humans. He is neutral about litorians. He finds mojh abhorrent and disgusting; humans who have twisted the Natural Order and run away from their birth. He is distrustful of giants at best, hateful at worst, and he feels the sibeccai are nothing more than proverbial lapdogs for their giant masters. However, he is not so blinded by his beliefs; giants, sibeccai, and even mojh have their uses. He prefers to rely on his witchery and wits. Though he has little formal education

Backstory: One of the few humans raised in the desert homeland of the verrick, Eryic discovered his witchery powers at a young age. His father and mother, a simple blacksmith and housewife, respectively, encouraged him to develop his abilities, as they might help to raise him into a more lucrative position. He would also hear his father and mother discuss their expatriatism. His mother longed for their home city, now known as Ao-Mansa, but the father insisted on keeping with the family tradition of staying out of the Lands of the Diamond Throne until they were properly returned to the human peoples. His father greatly disliked Giant rule, and he made sure his family knew that.

He did his best to split his time between crafting (his first passion and truest love) and witchery. His verrick Master, Llarz Drx'eryc, was stern and harsh at times, but he cared deeply for Eryic and taught him many valuable lessons; mainly, self-reliance. As he grew up, Drx'eryc taught the young man about his people's history, their plight with the Dramojh, and the giant's eventual rescue and establishment of the Diamond Throne. Even as a young man, Eryic could not understand why his people were ruled by a foreign race. He questioned his master, but was always given unsatisfactory answers. As he grew, his skills as a witch improved. He would never be as skilled as his adopted kin, but his magnetic personality and plethora of skills more than made up for his shortcomings. Many of Eryic's verrick brothers and sisters deeply admired him.

Eventually, the young man decided his training had progressed long enough. Bidding his master and family farewell, he set out to travel the lands of the Diamond Throne.

He knows little about Giant rule over humans (having spent his entire life with Verrick), but he strongly believes that it is time for humans to reclaim the lands that were once theirs. He feels that giant rule is completely unwarranted; they saved Man from the Dramojh, true, but at best the giants could only ask for a joint union of the two cultures. Now he fears his people will be slowly pushed aside, nothing more than forgotten relics of a broken past. He will do everything he can to stop this from happening.

Last edited:

Erekose13

Explorer
Pailoelan (Pai) Frosttongue

Pailoelan (Pai) Frosttongue
Truename - Winterheart
quickling faen magister 3
Height: 3'1"
Weight: 38lbs
Hair: Blue
Eyes: Pale turqoise

Attributes
Str: 10 (+0) [4, -2 racial]
Dex: 16 (+3) [6, +2 racial]
Con: 12 (+1) [4]
Int: 17 (+3) [13]
Wis: 11 (+0) [3]
Cha: 10 (+0) [2]

Hit Dice: 3d4 + 3
HP: 13 [Max] dying -2, dead -12
AC: 14 [10 + 1 Size + 3 Dex] touch 14, flat-footed 11
Initiative: +3
BAB: +1 Grapple: -3
Melee: +2 [+1 base, +1 size]
Ranged: +5 [+1 base, +1 size, +3 Dex]
Speed: 20’
Saves
Fort: +2 [+1 base, +1 Con]
Ref: +4 [+1 base, +3 Dex]

Attacks-Weapons:
Faenstaff (masterwork): +3 melee, 1d6 damage, x2, B
Light Crossbow: +5 ranged, 1d8 damage, 19-20/x2, P]

Feats: Spell Artist (talent, 1st), Energy Mage (Cold) (ceremony, 1st), Brandish Magical Might (ceremony, 3rd)

Skills:
Concentration +7 [6 ranks, +1 Con],
Craft (sculpting) +6 [3 ranks, +3 Int],
Craft (painting) +6 [3 ranks, +3 Int],
Knowledge (arcana) +10 [3 ranks, +3 Int, +4 book],
Knowledge (history) +5 [2 ranks, +3 Int],
Knowledge (cosmology) +5 [2 ranks, +3 Int],
Search +6 [3 ranks, +3 Int],
Sneak +10 [1 cross class rank, +3 dex, +6 racial],
Spellcraft +9 [6 ranks, +3 Int].

Languages - Common, Faen, Giant, Draconic, Litorian.

Racial qualities: low light vision; run.

Spells: Base save DC 13+spell level; 5/3/2 per day.
0th - websplat (cboem), detect magic, detect creature, ghost sound, hygiene, minor illusion, disorient.
1st - animate weapon, unhand (cboem), distraction, object loresight, transfer wounds (lesser).
2nd - ice bolt, mark of frost (cboem), location loresight.

Possessions:

Pony - 30 gp.
Pack saddle - 15 gp.

Wearing/Carrying
masterwork magister's faenstaff - 2 lbs [300 gp].
light crossbow - 6 lbs [35 gp].
30 bolts - 3 lbs [3 gp].

In backpack on pony - backpack - 2 lbs [2gp].
Bedroll - 5 lbs [1 sp].
3 sunrods - 3 lbs [6 gp].
Journal - 1 lb [5 gp].
Ink - n/a weight [8 gp].
Inkpen - n/a weight [1 sp].
Waterskin - n/a weight [1 gp].
50 ft. silk rope - 5 lbs [10 gp].
Bag of Clay Stones - n/a weight [800 gp].
3 Advanced Poultices - n/a weight [900 gp] (1 used).
Pouch of diamond dust (10 uses) - n/a weight [250 gp] (for Cold template).
Artheum's Libram of Cryoarcana (book of knowledge arcana +4) - 2 lbs [160 gp].
2 Glowstones - n/a weight [50gp].
Sweetspell - n/a weight [100gp].

Coin: 48 gp, 8 sp.

Bag of Clay Stones This small tan leather bag contains small round clay bullets. 2/day when the user reaches into the bag they can draw out a stone. The stone can be thrown as a mudball spell, becoming a ball of mud as it flies towards its target.
Faint Evocation; Caster Level 1th; Craft Constant Item, mudball; Price: 800gp

Advanced Poultice This greasy green ointment is usually contained in a tin or small glass jar. When you apply the ointment to a wound it feels cool and helps the healing process as battle healing(lesser) for 1d6+3 hit points.
Faint Evocation; Caster Level 3th; Craft Single-Use Item, battle healing(lesser); Price: 300gp

Glowstones: This tiny white rock can be activated by closing it completely in your fist. When activated it glows as a heightened glowglobe (lesser) for 10 minutes and can be placed in orbit around the head of any creature. It twirls slowly there at a distance of about 12 inches providing a soft glow.
Faint Evocation; Caster Level 1st; Craft Single Use Item, glowglobe (lesser); Price: 25gp.

Sweetspells: This is a small, rock candy that is translucent pink which tastes vaguely like strawberries when sucked on. When the user first sucks on the candy, their next spell cast within the next 10 minutes is enhanced as a diminished lesser enhance magical flow gaining a +2 DC to it's saving throw. After ten minutes the rock candy has disolved, though any attempt to use it more than once is ineffective.
Faint Universal; Caster Level 1st; Craft Single Use Item, enhance magical flow, lesser; Price: 100gp.

Appearance: Pai is a small quickling faen with long deep blue hair. His eyes are a cold pale blue, percing in their intensity. He usually wears a long heavy robe of white, embroidered with silvery flakes of snow. His staff is a tall piece of hard blue marble tipped with two silver metal bands on either end. Tiny intricate runes are carved into the metal bands, detailing the rituals used to acquire power from the cold.

Personality: Pai is an inquisitive faen, driven to find answers on the wind and in the patterns of the snow. While many who study the hard and bitter temperatures of the north tend towards a similar personality, Pai is like many faen very excited and generally happy go lucky.

Backstory: Pai and Soen have been travelling together since they were both young. Pai grew up in a community of faen in the northern part of the Harrowdeep, amongst many loresongs. The elders of his village encouraged all young members of the community to study the cold winter to help the village survive the harsh climate of the north. Pai took to the study eagerly, glad to help out. As a coming of age ritual within the community Pai has left to travel the world and see what he can. The elders feel that it will enrich the community if its members are well travelled.

Pai travelled to Naveal to see the wonderous works of art that many had recommended. When he got there he and Soen found the town rather strange. It was not the festive community that he was used to. But before he could dwell on it long, the dreams struck. He dreamt of a great blizzard burrying the town in a flurry of ice and snow until all people and buildings froze solid. Convinced that his dream was not just a random nightmare, he and Soen began to look for others who could help them find the meaning of the dream.

Cannibal_Kender

First Post
Soen Kingmoon

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Soen Kingmoon
Truename -
sprite faen champion of magic 3
Height: 1'1"
Weight: 10 lbs
Hair: Blond
Eyes: light green

Attributes
Str: 14 (+2) [10, -4 racial loresong & spryte]
Dex: 18 (+4) [6, +4 racial loresong & spryte]
Con: 12 (+1) [4]
Int: 12 (+1) [4]
Wis: 10 (+0) [3]
Cha: 13 (+1) [5]

Hit Dice: 3d10 + 3
HP: 25 [Max] dying -2, dead -12
AC: 18 [10 + 2 Size + 4 Dex, +2 Leather Jack] touch 16, flat-footed 12
Initiative: +4
BAB: +3 Grapple: +4
Melee: +6 [+3 base, +2 size, +1 Str]
Ranged: +9 [+3 base, +2 size, +4 Dex]
Speed: 10’

Saves
Fort: +4 [+3 base, +1 Con]
Ref: +5 [+1 base, +4 Dex]

Attacks-Weapons:
Daggers: +10 (masterwork +11) ranged, 1d4 damage, 19-20/x2
Rapid Shot: 2 Daggers +8/+8 or +9/+9 (masterwork)

Feats: Point Blank Shot (1st), Rapid Shot (1st), Flyby Attack(3rd)

Skills:
Knowledge (Arcana) +12 (+5 book)
Spellcraft +7
Use Magic Device +7
Sneak +11

Languages - Common, Faen, Giant

Racial qualities: fey type; fly 30 (average); +2 AC and attack; low light vision

Possessions:

Wearing/Carrying
8 Daggers (3 masterwork, 3 silver - 8 lbs [940 gp].
Damage Absorbing Leather Jack - 1.5 lbs [1020 gp]
Backpack - 2 lbs [2gp].
Bedroll - 5 lbs [1 sp].
1 sunrod - 1 lbs [2 gp].
Waterskin - n/a weight [1 gp].
Gasperfell's Codex of Magica Obscure (book of knowledge arcana +5) - 2 lbs [250 gp].
Days Rations - 5 lbs [2.5 gp]
2 smokebombs - 2lbs [80 gp]

400 gp, 4 sp

Magical Items:

Damage Absorbing Leather Jack - Absorbs first ten damage every day. [1020 gp]

Appearance

Personality

Background

Last edited:

Remove ads