(IR) IR Interlude Turn 4 - 5 (thread 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You see Anabstecorian, you were trying to do it in the middle of a war, while Shade have time to conduct research, we will begin by our wizards entering Alienist Prestige Class( Tome And Blood) and kidnapping some Phaerimm. And we are not decided on summoning them, not yet.

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
RULING:

Any Power that obtains the secrets of 11th level magic, may summon the Elder Ones.

Once they do that, they lose all control over what they summoned - 11th level magic is strong enough to summon them, but not control them in any way.
A good analogy would be poking a small hole in a dam - 11th level magic will poke the hole. The resulting slow disintegration of the dam, and the colossal flood that follows, will be unstoppable by any known magic or science.

The onslaught of the Elder Ones will be titanic.

More than 20,000 PL.

Their goal, of course, will be the destruction of all intelligent life on Toril, so that they may supplant it.
In this regard, they are like the Solistarim, but they are much worse than the Solistarim are.

They will attack and destroy those that summoned them, before anyone else.

Last edited:

Edena, I just noticed something. I think that Shade have access to 11th level magic on Toril, we summoned our allies from the past, we almost destroyed Toril with HUGE Shadow Weave. So now, being in Plane of Shadow, can we use very high level magic?

Last edited:

Serpenteye

First Post
(The Simulacrum of the God Emperors laugh echoes under the high dome of the cathedral.)
"You are enthusiastic, child, that's good. But patience is better. 'Good things come to those who wait'."
(It smiles knowingly, then sneers)
"You call me a fool. Do you not see that the path I must walk is a path of balance? Do you even understand the meaning of the word? The Shade and Acererak threatened the survival of all life on Oerth and Vecna almost destroyed the very planet. Balance. I could have joined them and worked together with the enemies of the world of Oerth to destroy the planet, but why? Even together we would have failed in a great war against the rest of the world. And if we would have succeeded there would have been little left to rule but a dead wasteland, at best. No, I prefer to rule a living and strong empire than an empty shell of a dead world.
I will keep as much as I can of this world out of the influence of the Torillians but I will not launch a frontal attack against superior foes, on high ground, who know my exact position. I will not run blindly forward into oblivion like Vecna did. If you would serve me you must understand that. Do not equate sanity with cowardize or caution with weakness. Learn patience and wisdom, if you do not you will be worse than useless, to me and to yourself."

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
The Wanderer looks at Anabstercorian, the God Emperor, the simulacrum of King Thayadon.

Well, well, well.

A traitor, a fool, and a Torilian.

Give me the fool, for he can learn wisdom.
Give me the fool, for he leads a great nation, a proud nation, a nation that bows to nobody.
Give me the fool, for one day he will be a great and wise king.

However, I will not reveal the secret of who is researching how to summon the Elder Ones.
King Thayadon refused my price.
My price, is not up for negotiation.

It will be my way, or no way at all.

(And you thought the Gem Dragons were unreasonable and arrogant! :D )

Last edited:

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
Lord Melkor, no.

You must learn the secrets of 11th level magic, on Oerth itself or in Greyspace, before you can summon the Elder Ones.

You see, if Elder Ones are summoned to Toril, they wouldn`t destroy it, for its pl is above 30000, I think, but Shade would still be happy.

Last edited:

Anabstercorian

First Post
Edena_of_Neith said:
Kaboom, the Wanderer is thousands of years old, and extremely powerful.
He is not fooled by the simulacrum.
When he sees that Thayadon is trying to fool him, he just laughs and dismisses the simulacrum, and does not even speak to it.

However, when Anabstercorian (who is Torilian) arrives, the Wanderer sees him, knows him for who he is, and he knows his history.

The Wanderer, if it is possible, becomes more angry than he was before, turning red.

And then he speaks ...

Anabstercorian of Toril, you are an escaped convict, and the noose of the Torilians awaits.
A tight noose, and a very permanent one, I would daresay.

Do not presume to lecture me on whether the Elder Ones may or may not be summoned ... I know much more concerning this matter than even you, illithid.
In any case, the CHANCE that those who plot this summoning will succeed exists, and if there is any chance at all, then that is too much of a chance.

Someone must speak for Oerth.
Do you presume to speak for Oerth, illithid?
You are Torilian, and you have already seized power from one of our own great Powers, and made them yours.
ANOTHER CASE of Torilians interfering in our world, our business.

What gives YOU the right, illithid, to walk into our world and start saying that this will be like so, and that will be like so?!
Yet this you have done, and all the Solistarim bow to you!
To you!

(He looks so furious, he looks like he's going to have a heart attack. He turns scarlet with rage.)

A Torilian illithid enslaving the people of Oerth!
A Torilian illithid, walking over our people!

I will personally see you destroyed, Anabstercorian.
It will be a slow and devastatingly painful death, I assure you!
You will be dissected piece by piece, while you watch.

Anabstercorian emits the telepathic equivalent of a grin at this statement.

You will pay dearly for your interference in our world, you who deign to rule over those who you are not fit to touch the feet of!

And, for your information, illithid, Vecna can return!
He CAN return!
Yes, his phylactery was destroyed, and he was destroyed with it.
But with 11th level magic, he can be recreated!
Vecna the Mad can return.

And I say, I would rather have HIM as my ruler, than you, Torilian illithid!!

(Then he frowns really, really darkly)

And if you think they cannot summon the Elder Ones, that is a clear example of your Torillian arrogance and naietivity.
You presume to know how reality works in OUR world, on this planet, in this Crystal Sphere!
This is not Toril, is not Realmspace, and here things work differently.
Or did you not know that?
For that matter, do you really know anything??
I wonder.

<< Of course Vecna can return. Anything can die, anything can be reborn, with enough power. But no one would be fool enough to do so! As is with the Elder Ones. There are forces searching for the secrets to summon them? I am aware of this - I am aligned with them! I'm talking them out of this silly idea. >>
Anabstercorian forms his hand in to a fist, psionic energy crackling inside it, his eyes glaring. He used Psychofeedback to raise his Charisma modifier by 20 for a full minute while he speaks.
<< You think I do not understand, Wanderer? You think I do not know? The illithid ARE a race of Elder Ones! We, with the Aboleth, swam the madness of the Far Realm until we found the glorious victims of the Prime Material! We ground entire worldlines beneath our tentacles, leaving countless species extinct or reshaped to fit our malevolent whim. This polyverse is OURS, Wanderer, ours by colonial right! It has been wrested from us by the mewling hands of natives, but it will be ours again! And when it is, each and every sentient entity will be reshaped to serve and SUBMIT to us, as it SHOULD BE! The Elder Ones have already come, Wanderer, and I am their herald! Ilsensine has decreed that none shall own this reality but the Illithid and the Aboleth, and this shall be so. >>

The psychofeedback trails off.

<< What say you, native? >>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases