[Serpent Amphora] Has anyone run the 3-part adventure series?

Wraith Form

Explorer
Hiya,

Have any of you run the 3-part modules (well, OK, 4-part if you include the titular web adventure)?

Could you offer advice / suggestions as to how to better allow the adventures to flow, problems you might have encountered, areas of expansion, things in the adventures to emphasise / de-emphasise, etc etc?

I'm not positive I'm going to run this in the Scarred Lands setting, so if you have advice on how you converted it to another setting, that'd be helpful as well!

I'm basically opening it up to discussion: anything you wanna say about the series is fine.

Thank you!

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
I like the series, but I think the only major flaw is at the end, as some adventurers MIGHT be tempted to save their friend Peridor(sp), from the cultists. A VERY bad idea. Most DMs have encountered this, and have asked "How come there isn't an exact number listed?" That might be the only thing off hand I can think of.

Nightfall

Not that I can see. I will say one more thing. The last half of the Serpent and the Scepter, in the chamber there. Might be wise to give your players Int check to realize they CAN rest the traps so they don't panic or something...and this way can handle the encounter with the cultists better.

Eosin the Red

First Post
I am running it but set in Birthright so it is really modified. I am almost through with Serpent in the Fold, and they did play through the PDF.

Nightfall

While I liked the prelude, I don't consider it as necessary a run through as opposed to starting say at the Serpent and the Scepter or the The Serpent Citadel.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases