What should I buy tomorrow?

Carnifex

First Post
So, tomorrow, I'm going into the Forbidden Planet gaming store in Newcastle, with the vague idea of buying Arcana Unearthed.

What else should I buy? What other must-haves are kicking around on the market at the moment?

(Last thing I bought was A Magical Medieval Society, which I was disappointed with since I'm studying a history degree and thus know all the medieval-based info in the book, and was hoping that there'd be more stuff on the whole 'magical' side of integrating D&D magic into a medieval society).

barsoomcore

Unattainable Ideal
Iron Kingdoms Campaign Setting!!!

Oh wait, it's not out yet. :D

Skull and Bones or whatever it's called -- the pirate book. That looks GREAT. And is Green Ronin's Mindshadows setting out yet? I'm dying for that baby....

der_kluge

Adventurer
Get something for your wife and/or girlfriend (hey, he could have both!*), tell she (them) that you love her (them). She (they) is (are) worth it. :)

* die_kluge does not endorse, nor condone affairs.

Stormborn

Explorer
Yes to Aracana Unearthed. Since you are interested in History you might try Testament from Green Ronin. Skull and Bones is another good book with a historical setting, and it already has some on line support.

As for die_kluge's comments. If your significant other is like mine she wants Lord of the Rings Cards, or Shadowfist if you can find it. And minis, lots and lots of minis.

Buttercup

Princess of Florin
If you like modules, definitely buy Hamlet of Thumble. It's the best module I've seen in quite a while.

Other suggestions: Testament, if you are at all interested in roleplaying in the ancient middle east. Monsternomicon, if you don't already have it--it's the best monster book ever.

Other than those three, I'd say hold onto your money for a while. There are some good things coming out, like the Wilderlands book from Necromancer/Judge's Guild, and Iron Kingdoms (hopefully, someday) that you will probably want.

Carnifex

First Post
Ed Cha said:
Please buy my book! :) It's only $15 and a great value-- "World of Whitethorn 1A: The Hamlet of Thumble".

Lots of crunchy and fluffy and all other kinds of goodness for both DMs and players alike:

http://www.openworldpress.com

Hey, Ed, I'll buy 1A if you buy Steam & Steel when it comes out ;)

More seriously, I don't really have a need for a low-level module, but if Forbidden Planet do stock Hamlet of Thumble I might pick it up anyway.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases