(Adventure) The bastards of XXXXXX Bluerun

Hof

Explorer
"Unfortunately the solution to our problems is not entirely this simple. While we personally would like nothing more than to so see you off and contented, our employers would not find this an adequate solution. You see, we were hired to make sure you never bother the town of Bluerun ever again. Somehow you need to make us, and more importantly the town council, believe you are actually willing to leave for good. Until you do, not only can we offer you no help," He lays an arm on Rainca's shoulder to keep her from interupting, "but would instead remain adversaries."
"Mistress Susan, please understand. It may seem that you are, in this, still at the whim of those who oppressed you. But if you were to bow this one last time, it would solve a lot of problems and hardship for all involved parties. And afterwards you would be free to live as you will."

Softly whispering in her ear, Dioran tries his hardest to appease the fierce warrior woman: "Rainca, Ginthealim, we will not dishonor your gift or sacrifice, but please delay deliverance until our earlier obligations are met in full."

As he stands to await Susans reply, he shoots a glance at the half orcs. Not to silence them, but to council patience.

ooc: for those who understand celestial (Joseph?), Ginthealim can be roughly translated to 'noble spirit'.

Sparky

The barbarian woman nods at the rough fighter's words. "Well spoken, warrior Gath Stonefist. Freedom is a good teacher."

She glances at Susan briefly and leans close to the bald sorceror and speaks quietly, "Dioran Uthelem is mistaken. Council Man Therick requires peace for two moons. Think back and you will remember. But Rainca works for more than the oath she made to Council Man Therick." She pauses, "Ginthealim... what does this mean?" Her brow furrows at Dioran Uthelem as the group awaits Restless Brother Owl's return with the hoar-suns.

Hof

Explorer
Whispering back, Dioran explains his actions to Rainca, hoping the witches' magic will not allow her to overhear: "We say these words not out of mistaken intent, Rainca. If these men would leave for good, surely it would mean a better, safer and less worrysome life for all involved. Allowing for a limited timeframe could merely postpone troubles. Also, Theric would no doubt have liked us to procure a somewhat more permanent, ehm, removal of these folk. In this manner, we may convince him that we have achieved exactly what he wished without resorting to bloodshed. If it works of course."
Dioran conposes his thoughts for a moment.
"Ginthealim is what some angels call a kindred soul - A warrior of noble bearing, acting just because that is what her heart tells her to do. We deem It a fitting appelation for you."

Kahuna Burger

First Post
As Dorain finishes speaking, the group hears the sound of a horse coming over the hill from the oposite direction as you approached. The owl flies ahead of it and alights once more on Susan's arm. The horse which comes into view is a fantastic animal, full of beauty, strength and health. Its rider is no less impressive, a young man who, and he dismounts and speaks to you, projects both a warrior's confidence and a noble's grace. "Greeting to you all, and thank you so much for accepting this meeting," he begins. Seeing Rainca, he bows gravely to her. "I have learned of your generous offer, my lady, and I hope we can come to terms on it." He sits at the 'table' and grins at the others, relaxing his formality. "My name is Andrew, though a lot of the folks around here have taken to calling me His Nibs. I lead the Whoresons, so I guess I could be seen as the target of your employment, but you should know that more of my time is spent restraining them than instigating them these days, so maybe killing Susan and myself outright would be a bad idea. Anyway, Susan's probably told you that I have aspirations above mere banditry, and with lady Rainca's offer, I think its time to put those into play." he looks at the faces around the table, taking in both the hope and the skepticism. "Lets put all cards on the table as it were. There are a score of men and women whose loyalty to my plans and my leadership I am completely confident of. A slightly lesser number have attached themselves to my band's current actions without as strong a loyalty. I would be honored to accept the lady's offer on behalf of myself and the strongest core of the Whoresons, and I hope to spend the months of training she has offered traveling far from here to a region where our services can be traded fairly... but just as I had nothing to do with the bandits who attacked you on the road, even if they did it seeking my approval, I can't speak for every man and woman who is called a Whoreson."

He glances around again at the faces surrounding him, and speaks with a deep sincearity. "If I take this offer back to my band and announce that I have accepted it, there will be some who will abandon us and continue to harrass Bluerun on their own. Not nearly as many as if you killed me here, and perhaps no more than would survive an assault on our camp, could you find it, but we must make this deal in honesty, and I tell you now, openly, that I cannot remove all of your problems by my word alone."

buzzard

First Post
"I think Gath have good idea. So Hiznibz, where are ones we are to smash?" replies Lupic, finally warming up to the discussion after having large portions whiz right past his head.

buzzard

Kahuna Burger

First Post
buzzard said:
"I think Gath have good idea. So Hiznibz, where are ones we are to smash?" replies Lupic, finally warming up to the discussion after having large portions whiz right past his head.

Susan smiles at the directness of the half-orcs. "I think Andrew and I will have to go back to our band and explain the offer that has been made and Andrew's acceptance of it. We will attempt to bring as many of the Whoresons with us as possible, and send word to you of how many have refused, and what their plans are. I think our true followers should leave the area as soon as possible as a show of good faith. We can meet with Lady Rainca in the vilage of Redoak. Its, er, largely abandoned now." She blushes a little and stumbles on the last bit, but Andrew picks up smoothly.

"The messenger we send can guide the lady to us. I imagine you should head back to Bluerun in case anything goes wrong, but I have some hope that those who do not come with us will be too disorgananized to pose any imediate threat..."

If this is satisfactory, Andrew and Susan ride away in the direction they came from. (ooc: I don't want to railroad this, obviously Rainca accepts the offer as she made it, and gath and lupic seem ok with the idea in a "and we'll kill whoever doesn't like it" kinda way, :p but I want to make sure that Dioran's reservations have been addressed and see if Joseph has anything to add (if his player is still here, seems quiet lately))

Sparky

Rainca's eyes flash as the man rushes up on his horse, commanding the scene, her heart flutters. So like Pemiyo. She bows solemnly to Andrew Hiznibs, fingertips to brow, lips and heart in rapid succession. "Rainca of the Barav Kree sees Andrew Hiznibs. Rainca is pleased that Andrew Hiznibs and Susan Owl Mistress choose to accept Rainca's offer."

The barbarian woman smiles broadly as the others step up with their words of agreement. She pats them each roughly on the shoulder. "Yes, Rainca is pleased." She bows again as Andrew and Susan ride away. She beams and begins to gather her belongings, again taking special care with the carved flute and its beaded cord.

She nods, "Council Man Therick will be happy to hear of our victory. We must now peel our eyes for those Andrew Hiznibs fears will continue to rob and maim and steal." She settles the last of her sashes and looks around penetratingly into the forest ears pricked. She turns smiling to the others. "The way to Bluerun waits, brave companions!" And with that she springs off through the forest toward the rutted trail that will lead the group back to the village. So like Pemiyo.

OOC: I will be out of town and offline (getting married!) beginning tomorrow and lasting until the last week of July. I hope that doesn't put too much of a crimp in the game. Anyone at all can feel free to ghost Rainca to keep the game moving.

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Sparky said:
[/i]OOC: I will be out of town and offline (getting married!) beginning tomorrow and lasting until the last week of July. I hope that doesn't put too much of a crimp in the game. Anyone at all can feel free to ghost Rainca to keep the game moving.

yeep! well, first off congrats. Hope all goes smoothly. However, I'd actually planned on having this adventure wrapped up by the time you are talking about returning. :eek: With this news, I'm gonna jump the gun a tiny bit on our judge, and award some XP.

You have currently overcome/eliminated a sizable chunk of your opposition, and recieve 4800 XP as a group (960 each) for the efforts leading up to that. You can upgrade your characters now and PLEASE check in here when you have. Sparky
please also let me know general tactics you would use in fighting against a large group, and I will autoplay rainca in the coming final battle.
Several of you have also earned some RP XP, but I'll assign that at the very end of the adventure.

Kahuna Burger

Remove ads