(Adventure) The bastards of XXXXXX Bluerun

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Sparky said:
She rakes Redarn with her hawkish gaze. "Rainca would hear what you have to say of these hoar-suns. What is Therick not telling us - we who will spill their blood and perhaps our own for him? After you tell Rainca what she wants to know, Rainca will see to the safety of the area." She glances out of the stable doors, seeming on edge. She has been too long under the roof, out of the wind.

Redarn looks far more comfortable with this turn of conversation, and settles back with his cup of wine. "Well what can I tell you... They call themselves Whore Sons," he speaks the two words distinctly. "Up this way, thats a slang of sorts for a bastard... one whose parents were unmarried, and usually doesn't know who his father is. Thats very important arround here - Therick calls me his truebrother to indicate that even though I don't do much more than drive a wagon, I have more value than those attacking us because I have... a pedigree for want of a better phrase. If you don't have your mother and your father together to place you in society, you aren't worth much. In the big city, a bastard is lucky to be scrubbing dishes or mucking the stable, and in a small town like ours, they're like to just be shunned until they leave."

He sighs. "Its the way our society is, but I won't defend it. If I'm stopping through the capital on one of my trips, I try to hire one of the poor kids to load the wagon and come along to unload it... give him a couple of coppers and a free ride somewhere where he has at least a chance of making something of himself." He drink some more wine, cocks his head as if listening for any sound of trouble from the inn then continues. "These fellows though, I guess they decided that if they couldn't find a place in society they'd take one outside it... bastards as petty theives is nothing new, but this group has somehow been pulled together into a force to be reconned with. They have decent weapons, and a couple even ride good horses - not the kind you'd steal from a wagon like mine, but a real set of matched beauties..."

"I'm not sure what else to tell you... they raid in groups of a half dozen or so, but its not always the same men. When some of the town gaurd put up a fight and wounded one of them pretty bad, another six charged in to help. And I'll tell you one other thing, I swear I saw the wounded one on the next raid looking fit as a fiddle..."

Kahuna Burger

First Post
The night goes uneventfully (assuming Gath neither objects to sleeping in a large room used for by the other guards nor takes Darla up on her offer to come up to the attic with her...)

In the morning the group continues on from the inn. Redarn invites Rainca to ride up on the bench with him, but isn't offended if she chooses to jog again. As they are traveling, Rainca notices something a little odd. She sees an owl several times, usually going in a large lazy circle possibly centered on them. She thinks it is the same owl, and is curious to notice it still around even at midday...

Inside the wagon, Therick shows the others a map of the area surrounding his town and complains about being gone so long.

Sparky

The night before Rainca listened quietly to Redarn's description of the bandits. She appeared thoughtful and when Redarn had finished speaking she said only, "Rainca must think on these things..." before disappearing out the door to keep watch over the inn through the night (quiet, but for some racket in the attic).

In the morning before Therick made his appearance, Rainca shared what she had learned of the bandits with the others. "We enter their territory today. Rainca will watch carefully." She quietly declines Redarn's offer at the bench, but watches closely as he hitches the horses to the wagon.

She takes up her post in earshot of the wagon and sings her loping way across the unfolding terrain. Upon spying the owl in the sky her fluting voice takes a dark turn. She shortens her stride and draws near the wagon pointing up at the broad-winged bird, "Look there..." She meters her voice to match her strides and the breath needed to run, "He marks us..." She gives an experimental pull on her bow, but does not draw it, "What would make... brother owl wake... in the day?"

GPEKO

First Post
Gath

Imitating Rainca, Gath glares up and spots the bird. "Owl ? Ohh yeah ... Foag grux* It must had much gloobuck last night ... Birdie having gloobuck, uck uck uck !" Gath finds himself very funny.

*Once again, in orcish: Literally, it means big eyes but it is also the orcish name for owls.

buzzard

First Post
GPEKO said:
Imitating Rainca, Gath glares up and spots the bird. "Owl ? Ohh yeah ... Foag grux* It must had much gloobuck last night ... Birdie having gloobuck, uck uck uck !" Gath finds himself very funny.

*Once again, in orcish: Literally, it means big eyes but it is also the orcish name for owls.

Lupic looks over at Gath, groans, and then studiously avoids looking at him.

buzzard

Hof

Explorer
"While we are not all that versed in the ways of nature"," Dioran says to Rainca, "the very fact that your Ladyship find its behaviour unnatural indicates that it may not be so. Perhaps it is an arcanists familiar we see? We have read many texts describing control over nature in one way or another, it is not all that rare. If our guess is correct, then these bandits might have more varied resources than anticipated."

After attempting to commit the map Therick shows to memory, Dioran looks seriously at the councilor. "Please do not take offense at our words, but we feel compelled to say this. You seem far too agitated and negative about your being away from home. Be thankful that your troubles have left you alive to deal with them instead. Focus on solving them, and you will be happier now and in the afterlife. As we said, no offense meant, we are merely attempting to convey a possibly better attitude of existence."

GPEKO

First Post
OOC: I will be gone on vacation from tomorrow (the 19) to December 29. I'll have no internet access so feel free to auto-pilot Gath. He'll just continue being crude and smashing whatever opposes him.

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Canned commentary:

Bah humbug! holiday obligations and post wedding stuff has me swamped. I'll be back in the land of the gamehappy after this weekend, hopefully. The map reveals several possible campsites to the strategic mind, two major ones east and one west of the township.

Protean

Still the Same
After taking a look at the map, Joseph Dar`maryon adjusts his head eastward and then westward. Turning his eyes upon the council-man, Joseph mouths a few words to himself.

"Point me towards the known raiding locales. I'd like to visit one, and get an idea of the impact of these Whoresuns."

Last edited:

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Protean said:
"Point me towards the known raiding locales. I'd like to visit one, and get an idea of the impact of these Whoresuns."

"er, I know not if other towns in the area have been troubled, but we are going to bluerun now, my friend" The councilman seems mildly confused...

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases