(Adventure) The bastards of XXXXXX Bluerun

Sparky

Rainca leaves the wine with the witch-woman and returns to her group's side of the stone table as the woman speaks. She drops into an easy crouch and tears the flatbread into pieces and beginning to eat with gusto. She pauses in her chewing as the woman coldly describes her eyes being taken. She looks piercingly at the bird on the woman's shoulder. Ah... Restless Brother Owl. Rainca must apologize, but if this goes poorly, she will have to take you first.

The barbarian woman shrugs uncomfortably and darts glances at the others assembled. She resumes her chewing and takes a sip of the wine, offering the mug to the others and hoping they'll sit down as well.

She surreptitiously eases one of her kukri onto the ground in easy reach in case this witch-woman Susan, however reasonable her words may seem, decides they cannot be trusted. She readjusts her scarves and sashes and begins eating once again.

When Susan concludes with a question, Rainca, buoyed by the witch's assessment of the group's fighting prowess, straightens proudly in her crouched position, "Susan, Owl Mistress, we are bound to provide a lasting peace to the people of Bluerun. Whatever that peace may require," she glances meaningfully at the perched owl, "Speak what Hiznibs would have us hear."

Last edited:

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Sparky said:
When Susan concludes with a question, Rainca, buoyed by the witch's assessment of the group's fighting prowess, straightens proudly in her crouched position, "Susan, Owl Mistress, we are bound to provide a lasting peace to the people of Bluerun. Whatever that peace may require," she glances meaningfully at the perched owl, "Speak what Hiznibs would have us hear."

Susan nods and says "Well, Andrew had considerd offering you some money and goods to simply abandon your contract or even help us decieve those of Bluerun, but I suspected you would be unwilling. Let me tell you first what it is we hope to take out of this. While some of the brasher members of our band enjoy inflicting damage and humiliation on the proud 'truebloods' of Bluerun, Andrew's goal and mine has always been to train these youths while gathering the goods to equip ourselves." She sips some water and pauses, apparently wondering how much to say. "You have gathered perhaps how the good citizens of this area feel about those of bastard birth. Andrew was lucky - his grandfather felt some responsibility to the young servant girl who bore a bastard son quite obviously of one of the young lords of the manor, and had Andrew raised if not as a trueblood, at least as a part of the household. My younger life was not as genteel, but my powers have given me some advantages over my station. But for most of those in our group, life held only bleakness. Life as a criminal may not seem any better, but we hope to move beyond this and equip ourselve well enough to sell our swords in areas more openminded - In the meantime, we take from this society what we feel we should have had by birth...." She laughs "It all sounds very pretentious, doesn't it? We take from the moderately well off and give to ourselves. Well, when you have nothing, you either accept nothing as your lot or you break the rules to get something. And now you are here to enforce the rules. So tell me, what would you offer us to avoid a fight and get your reward?"

Sparky

Rainca thinks a long time on the words of the witch-woman. She drains the mug before her and stands, "Susan Owl Mistress," she holds out her hands, "Rainca does not know where to begin. Amongst the Barav Kree... " She sighs, eyes lowering, brow furrowing, "Amongst the Barav Kree this would not be." She stops. Frustration flashes across the warrior-woman's face and just as quickly vanishes.

She takes her bow from her shoulder and lays it upon the table. And her bristling quiver, javelins and kukri. And pack. Her hands brush the carved flute that hangs around her neck as she unwinds the sashes and scarves and strands of beads and bones to place them on the table. She glances at the others, Dioran Uthelem, Lupic, Joseph Dar'maryon, Gath Stonefist and then back to Susan and the Owl.

She steps back and crouches, bowing low, forehead brushing the leaves and grassy growth of the forest floor. Her breath stirs the leaves near her mouth, "For peace, Rainca can offer only these things." She straightens and reverently lifts the carved wooden flute over her head by its beaded cord placing it carefully among the arms and gear.

Her voice is tight as she says, "These things are Rainca. They are all that Rainca has." She bows again, grateful for the shelter of her arms and shuts her eyes tight against the stinging of tears. Forgive Rainca, B'ukun'e.

Kahuna Burger

First Post
I'm going to wait for responses from some others before I continue. If you have no in character response, please say so, but I don't want decisions to be made without input from the group as a whole.

ooc: sparky, if you have aim, could you contact me? or email me at kahuna_burger73 at yahoo? I wanted to bring up an inn thing without making a big public thing of it.

Kahuna Burger

buzzard

First Post
"What kind of warrior are you you pay off instead of fighting?!? Lupic knows he knows not much, but he knows enough that you pay off thugs and it just makes them want more. If you have no stomach to fight them then leave. You old witch just said they were just bandits. I have a job to do, and I am not scared to do it. I go back to the town. I knew talking was bad idea. Sad day when Lupic ends up being smart one. " Exclaims Lupic after watching Rainca start offering things. He then continues "Let's go back. If they let us go we fight them later, if not I will make sure the witch does not leave on her feet. "

Sparky

Scared! Rainca surges to her feet and rounds on Lupic, the Blood Father hovers - nearing - she roars at the half-orc, "Rainca offers herself to the hoar-suns!" Her eyes are wild, "Not her few belongings!" She dashes her hand across her mouth where froth has gathered and pushes the Blood Father away, yet again. Still seething she growls, "Rainca agrees it is a sad day when Lupic is the smart one." Her lips curl in an animal snarl, "Today is not that day."

She turns to Susan, "Amongst Rainca's people a gift of belongings is an oath. With this gift of all that Rainca has, all that she is, she pledges herself to the hoar-suns in exchange for peace. In exchange for the oath of Andrew Hiznibs, and Susan Owl Mistress, and all of the other hoar-suns to stop their attacks for three moons, Rainca agrees to help the hoar-suns to their goal of becoming sell-swords." She turns back to Lupic, "Rainca was getting to that."

OOC: Hah! Barbarian and gruff half-orc negotiators... Nicely played buzzard :)

Last edited:

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Susan's mouth hangs open for a moment as she absorbs the offer being made. "You would train our people in the warrior ways of the Barav Kree? As individuals and as an efficient whole?" She thinks for a long moment then touches her owl gently on the head. It imediately takes flight. "If you or one of your companions can also help us find a region where we will not be judged by our parentage but can sell our services as equals, this is an offer Andrew will definitly want to hear for himself..." She lapses into contemplative silence as she eats some more of the bread. Her movements are less sure, more clearly those of a blind woman with her companion gone on its errand.

GPEKO

First Post
Gath

“It be not easy to leave place and start new. Gath know. But do it, with Rainca or without. Leave now for big city with big red lizard and, there, be guards.”

Gath suddenly takes a more aggressive stance. “You best do that be cause me and Lupic smash you good if you don’t.”

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases