Massacre

Breakstone

First Post
Soon enough, the characters in my campaign will be running into Massacre, a big ol' demon that scared the living crud out of them before. I finished statting him up, and figured I'd post him here (be sure to tell me if you see anything wrong!):

Massacre
Half-Fiend Monster of Legend Gray Render (Large Outsider, Fire)

Hit Dice:
10d10+130 (192 hp)

Initiative: +7 (+3 Dex)

Speed: 30 ft.

AC: 30 (-1 size, +5 Dex, +16 natural)

Attacks: Bite +19 melee, 2 claws +14 melee

Damage: Bite 2d6+13, claw 1d6+6

Face/Reach: 5 ft. by 5 ft./10 ft.

Special Attacks: Improved grab, rend 3d6+19, spells, spell-like abilities

Special Qualities: Scent, enhanced attributes, fire immunity, double damage from cold, Darkvision 60 ft., immunity to poison; acid, cold, electricity, and fire resistance 20.

Saves: Fort +23, Ref +15, Will +9

Abilities: Str 37, Dex 20, Con 36, Int 9, Wis 14, Cha 14.

Skills: Hide +15, Spot +16, Climb +24, Intimidate +8, Listen +8, Concentration +18, Wilderness Lore +8

Feats: Final Strike, Involuntary Rage

Climate/Terrain: Any land or underground

Organization: Solitary or with minions

Challenge Rating: 12

Treasure: Standard

Alignment: Neutral Evil

Advancement: 11-15 HD (Large); 16-30 HD (Huge)

"Massacre is lumbering, gargantuan, hide the color of ash and creeping mold and death. This beast, this monster, this horrid demon stands hunched, six eyes staring, pale yellow marbles set in flesh, riding just above a maw of terrible, jutting teeth. Its massive shoulders extend into muscle-bound arms, then end in claws the lengths of the very swords you hold in trembling hands. It towers on two legs, tree trunks of pale flesh and muscle and bone, and two taloned feet, onyx claws digging into the stone floor. Its chest heaves as it takes a breath, and you finally see the tattoos, archaic words etched into its skin, words that you find painful to read, as if the very letters themselves tear at your eyes."

Combat:

Improved Grab (Ex): To use this ability, Massacre must hit with its bite attack.

Rend (Ex): A gray render that gets hold latches onto the opponent’s body and tears the flesh. This attack automatically deals 3d6+19 points of damage.

Skills: Massacre receives a +4 racial bonus to Spot checks due to its six keen eyes.

Enhanced Attributes (Ex): The save DC for each of Massacre’s special attacks, spells, and spell-like abilities increase by +4.

Final Strike (Monstrous Feat): When killed, Massacre’s body explodes in a blast of elemental destruction, dealing 10d6 damage (Ref DC 27 for half) and 5d6 light blast (Ref DC 27 for half).

Involuntary Rage (Monstrous Feat): If Massacre survives 50 points of damage from a single attack and makes his Fortitude save, on his next action he gains +4 Strength, +4 Constitution, and –2 Armor Class. These adjustments last until the end of the combat, at which time he becomes fatigued.

Spells: DC: 16+Spell Level 0: 5, 1st: 4, 2nd: 3, 3rd: 1.

0: Resistance (2), Light, Guidance (2).

1st: Bane, Cause Fear, Magic Weapon, Obscuring Mist.

2nd: Death Knell, Resist Elements, Hold Person.

3rd: Blindness/Deafness.

Spell-Like Abilities: 3/day- Darkness, Poison. 1/day- Desecrate, Unholy blight, Contagion (DC 16+ Spell Level)

Kalanyr

Explorer
This is heavily campaign dependant but aren't Demons usually Chaotic Evil not Neutral Evil ? Also are you using 3e or 3.5e ? If its 3e he seems to be missing a feat (1,4,8 for an Outsider) But if its 3.5e He's missing 2 feats (1,3,6,9). Apart from that it looks good.

Breakstone

First Post
Thanks for pointing that out, Kalanyr. I'll have to look through Savage Species to find a nice feat for him...

He's a half-fiend, not a demon or devil, and he's more Neutral Evil in alignment.

darkbard

Legend
whatever he is, he's pretty darn scary. wouldn't want my character running into him, that's for sure. neat concept using the gray render as your foundation for this critter.

Thomas Hobbes

First Post
Tsunami said:
Thanks for pointing that out, Kalanyr. I'll have to look through Savage Species to find a nice feat for him...

Roll With It is a good one. DR 2/-, requires Toughness. Except instead of wimpy toughness you can give him one of the upgraded toughnesses from Masters of the Wild. Dwarf's Toughness (Req. base fort save +5) nets you 6 hit points, but trust me, the nasty part is the DR 2/-. If you don't mind dropping another feat, you can take Roll With It repeatedly (and it stacks. Ouch.)

Remove ads