D20 Conversion of WW's Mage?

Kesh

First Post
The closest thing I know of is Mongoose's Encyclopaedia Arcane: Chaos Magic, which is soon to be replaced by The Quintessential Chaos Mage sourcebook.

Essentially, spells are a combination of an Effect (damage, movement, illusion, etc.), Range, Area of Effect and Duration. Put them together however you want, and make your roll. You either pay in subdual damage, or actual damage, depending on how well you roll. And there's the chance that you'll move down the Path of Chaos, where your body and soul are heavily altered by the chaotic energies, eventually leading to your character's demise.

The original book was good, but a bit limited. There was no summoning, no healing, no planar travel. Hopefully the new book addresses those issues.

{Edited to fix typos.}

Last edited:

Fredrik Svanberg

First Post
Golem2176 said:
How's the project coming?

So-so. I got most of the system down, but I haven't decided on how to calculate save DC's yet. That's probably quite easy to do, so when I get my other computer connected again I'll put up what I have. Might take a day or so.

Golem2176

Banned
Banned
Thanks, FredriK! :cool: I will definetly use this and dapt it to my D20 Modern Campaign. Also, for anyone who is interested, the file is available here as a pdf.

Attachments

• MageD20.pdf
    92.7 KB · Views: 220

Achan hiArusa

Explorer
WoD

I started a WoD conversion sometime ago and got through Wraith. It still needs work. I didn't use caster level at all, instead going with the SW 5 points over DC equals one die.

I used the "classless" system from CoCd20, but modified that hp were fixed equal to Con and did not go up with level. Characters that could soak damage, like werewolves and vampires gained vitality points and it worked for them much more like SW. I use a multiplier and wound system. The multiplier on critical only applies to vitality damage and it still does standard wound damage. Multipliers are only used on wound when the person has no vitality left at all or when the character (like mages and normal humans) has no vitality track at all. I made all the spheres skills and the sphere levels feats, each level require x-level of sphere skill, so by default Arete was level (I restricted seekings to every even level to avoid insanity). As for backgrounds, I made each level worth a feat. I gave out a bonus feat every level above 1st, with a generous amount at 1st level (about 8 which is roughly what a fighter starts out with). I'll have to dig it up and polish it a little.

Remove ads