Exit 23 Dark•Matter Story Hour (NOW COMPLETE!)

Sorry, I don't think I have the character sheets anymore. All of them were done with standard array stat distribution, though, and were 3rd level d20 Modern characters advanced in a single basic class. It was handy that the Dark•Matter book comes with six sample characters, and d20 Modern has six basic classes, though. It wasn't hard to come with a way to map each of the basic characters to a basic class.

William Ronald

Explorer
Thanks, Josh, for a great game and a great story hour. I have to admit that a LOT of what happened was a complete surprise. Suffice it to say that the dramatic tension was high, even though there were some awkward moments.

William Ronald said:
Thanks, Josh, for a great game and a great story hour. I have to admit that a LOT of what happened was a complete surprise. Suffice it to say that the dramatic tension was high, even though there were some awkward moments.
I thought so; I was quite pleased with the way it turned out. I'm not sure what you mean by awkward moments, unless you're referring to some of the intra-character tension, but even that, I think, helped build the atmosphere, especially early in the game.

William Ronald

Explorer
Joshua Dyal wrote:
I thought so; I was quite pleased with the way it turned out. I'm not sure what you mean by awkward moments, unless you're referring to some of the intra-character tension, but even that, I think, helped build the atmosphere, especially early in the game.

The inter-character tension was great, I was referring to things such as some of the wierd die rolls. Well, I now have a new take on the phrase "frive-thru restaurant." :D

Yeah, every game has to have some really oddball dice rolls. Trev's big critical hit with the katana was fun, his "moment of glory" so to speak, while blowing out the glass and the side mirror of the truck he was in while trying to hit a flying saucer because of the abysmal To Hit roll was another fun one.

It was kinda fun, actually, that nobody actually died, although several characters were in negative hit points, even several times in some cases. There's nothing worse than killing off a character in a one shot game early and leaving the player to fiddle with his thumbs the rest of the game.

For posterity's sake, I converted all my story entries into an rtf document, loaded it onto my website, and linked it to the Story Hour page on the front page of ENWorld. Hey, that's a pretty neat feature!

Wystan

Explorer
"Exit 23"
I.​

Mabel looked up and shivered. One more set of headlights was shining through the glass doors; one more car had made it through the night. That, in and of itself, was pretty amazing. In the middle of nowhere in Southern Idaho, twenty three miles north of the Utah border on I-15, weather was never pretty this time of year, but tonight's weather was just freakish. (Actually, I looked at a map of Idaho and the mileage markers count down from the Utah border, not up, so "Exit 23" should really be "Exit 184" or some such number. However, right about where exit 23 should be is not right in the middle of nowhere, it's right in the middle of Boise. I'm not actually sure where "Exit 23" is supposed to be located, so I just took a guess and ran with it.)

https://www.google.com/maps/@42.323...4!1s1K6ISbigG57TA5VMMVDskA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases