Creature Collection III out

Gez

First Post
Here's da link for this review thread on the S&S forums.

I wonder whether my solitary contribution has been turned into a swarm or not.

If there are now list of creatures by type/subtypes, not by CR, we may probably expect it to appear on the website as enhancement. Probably with updated summon tables. Or are my hopes flying to high?

Mapleaxe

First Post
Gez said:
Now, the only question is: How long before the author's copies are sent? :D

I second that.

Went out of my way last night to view a copy. Had to see my first piece of published RPG work. :) Really wanted to pick up a copy so that I could show everyone, but it doesn't make much sense to buy it if your household is getting multiple free copies (both my wife and I are authors in it).

Ashy

First Post
Mapleaxe said:
I second that.

Went out of my way last night to view a copy. Had to see my first piece of published RPG work. :) Really wanted to pick up a copy so that I could show everyone, but it doesn't make much sense to buy it if your household is getting multiple free copies (both my wife and I are authors in it).

And I third it.... ;)

Congrats on you and your wife becoming published, Mapleaxe! :)

eryndel

Explorer
Mapleaxe said:
I second that.

I fully understand that feeling. Everytime something comes out that either my wife or I had done (not many, mind you), it's pure torment to see it on the shelf and know your comp copies are perhaps still weeks away.

Still waiting on PGC&D and PGR&R. But I desperately want to get my hands on Vigil Watch Asaatthi.

Werner Hager

Voadam

Legend
It was more than a few weeks before my authors copies of Relics and Rituals II arrived, so I don't expect CCIII to arrive in the near future, but I will amend my prediction of comp copies arriving to late January to February.

s/LaSH

First Post
Cool. I'm looking forward to getting my copies of this, yessirree. Unfortunately, seeing as I'm in New Zealand, I'm likely to get them long after everyone else. Woe is me.

This'll make excellent bragging rights, though. I want to see how their illustrators captured my contributions... partially because my own rendition of one has been online a couple of years now...

Vrylakos

First Post
s/LaSH said:
This'll make excellent bragging rights, though. I want to see how their illustrators captured my contributions... partially because my own rendition of one has been online a couple of years now...
I was eager to see the illustrations on mine.

I am really pleased with the Penumbral Golem's artwork, and it's very educational to see what they did to it after I turned it in based on some concerns I noted regarding the creature.

The Black Phoenix is pretty good, though I wish it looked a bit scarier.

The desiccation beetle... I just wish it had its two tongues out. Nicely done, but the tongues... the tongues!

Tentbird is nice, I likes it!

Man, what's my fifth one? Uhmmm....

Oh, the grim puppeteer has a very nice picture!

My fave though, of my critters, is the Penumbral Golem. The look on her face is fantastic.

Of the other things I noted as I skimmed through:
Lots of devils, demons, and so on. A lot of spiders and insecty beetle-type things. I'm guilty on both counts, but hey...

I like the gallows golem! I want to read more on the spontaneous golems also. I liked what I saw of the other phoenixes... phoenices?

Vrylakos

I like the gallows golem! I want to read more on the spontaneous golems also.

Thanks. I think the spontaneous golems are some of the monster-specific work I'm most proud of. :)

I've been waiting ages to see them, since they were initially scheduled for inclusion as a Termana appendix, and got cut for length. And before that, the whole shebang was submitted as an article to a certain gaming magazine, but I politely declined their offer to publish it due to some rather extreme changes they wanted to make. I'm so glad to finally see them in print.

I don't actually have any more--I had a rough fifth idea, but it never realy materialized. If I come up with any more of them, though, I'll certainly try to get the up somewhere. :)

Remove ads