Monster of Legend LA?

RisnDevil

First Post
The Monster Manuel II only has a CR adjustment for the Monster of Legend, and I have a player interested in using it. Is there an official LA for this template? If not, what would you put it at?

cignus_pfaccari

First Post
James McMurray said:
I would definitely take that with a grain of salt though. The true LA would likely depend on which abilities were chosen.

It seems rather...high...for what the template does, at least comparing it to half-dragon.

Brad

James McMurray

First Post
I think +7 could be a tad low. But then again, most of my gaming these days is at epic levels, where LA isn't that much.

You get +5 natural armor, +3 to all saves (partially make up for lost class levels), +34 in bonuses to stats (again partially making up for lost class levels), most of which are the physical combat stats, two bonus feats, one of several special attacks, and a choice of:

+4 to all of your save DCs
Fast Healing 5 (absolutely astonding in a campaign setting)
permanent haste (not as nice under 3.5)
permanent spell-turning !!!

All of those combined are incredibly more powerful than the handful of benefits gained from the half-dragon template.

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
James McMurray said:
permanent haste (not as nice under 3.5)

You could always point out to your DM that the only Core monster from 3E with permanent Haste [Su] ("as if affected by a Haste spell") to be updated to 3.5 - the Choker - instead received Quickness [Su] in the new edition.

Which obviously sets the precedent for how the Monster of Legend ability should behave in 3.5... :D

-Hyp.

terror

Villager
I think a better thing to do with ALL LA+ templates

Is instead of making them +lvl templates.

Instead let the + be an increased level instead, but it's instead racial dice.

That way the character would be like 10-20 hp for 8 levels, but will only be able to get 23 class levels (caue max level is 30 not 20)

dave2008

Legend
I think a better thing to do with ALL LA+ templates

Is instead of making them +lvl templates.

Instead let the + be an increased level instead, but it's instead racial dice.

That way the character would be like 10-20 hp for 8 levels, but will only be able to get 23 class levels (caue max level is 30 not 20)
I just wanted to make sure you knew you replied to a thread that was almost 18 years old.

Remove ads