[OT] Undiscovered

Phanboy

First Post
Hey everybody! Longtime lurker first time poster!
Anyone checked out Undicvovered? I picked it up because of it's classless system to hopefully get some good ideas for a classless D&D conversion. What I got was a crash course in stupidity! The formulas to determine whether or not you hit is the most uselessly complicated piece of garbage ever (And I have attempted Heavy Gear!)

It's not difficult as much as it is lame I sat down and looked at it and in 5 minutes discovered a way to avoid all the subtraction and negative intergers. I just wish this game had remained undiscovered by me!

Phanboy

First Post
Well It's a pretty generic Fantasy World. Almost a direct rip off of D&D! It's got some clever playable races but all were executed very poorly.:(

The skills are pretty much standard PHB fare except for built in psionics and expanded alchemy goodness, And the skills progression mechanic is way cool. Sadly enough however it's just a really cumbersome rules set that I dont think justifies the few good points and many down falls.

SableWyvern

Adventurer
You're bagging Heavy Gear?

That's one of the most elegant systems I've ever come across. Simple, with a reasonable dose of reality; perfect for a fun but not too serious sci-fi game.

Each to their own, I guess.

Phanboy

First Post
Heres a link:
www.eilfin.com

As for Heavy Gear It's not so bad but I cut my big ass robot teeth on Battletech. I took one look at the gear creation page and said "Yowsa":eek: That was when I cralled back to my Master Rules.

Phanboy

First Post
Too bad Shiznitkids took Battletech, wiped their ass with it and call it new and improved and expect people to buy it. I could learn to deal with the clicky base things but Why oh why do they make the mechs so rare?

Black Omega

First Post
Phanboy said:
Too bad Shiznitkids took Battletech, wiped their ass with it and call it new and improved and expect people to buy it. I could learn to deal with the clicky base things but Why oh why do they make the mechs so rare?

I dont' even want to think about it. I've been a huge Battletech fan for well over ten years, but I won't touch the current product. It's just bad in more ways than I can count.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases