(MOngoose) The Mongoose Pocket Player's Handbook

Mongoose_Matt

Adventurer
Publisher
Hi guys,

It is finally here! The Mongoose Pocket Player's Handbook has arrived at our warehouse and is now shipping - look for it in your local stores in just over a week!

The MPPH is part of our new OGL Core Rulebook line and contains all the rules (yes, including character creation and experience points) you need to play your favourite RPG system. Everything you know and love about the original PHB is in here, but we have added one or two little treats as well - rules for Epic level characters, for example, make the MPPH a complete rules tome for any player, wrapped in a handy pocket-sized format. It is even backed up with a comprehensive index.

The Mongoose Pocket Player's Handbook is a 400 page pocket-sized softback, on sale in just over a week's time for $19.95. If you have not got into the d20/OGL rules set, now is the time to do so. If you are a long term fan of the system, there is no longer a need to lug around your heavy hardbacks!

Cergorach

The Laughing One
I'm thinking no images, but i'm still curious about the layout. Single column? Font size? Font Type?

Character creation rules an experience charts are your own creation or OGC from another source (which one)? What kind of default gods did you include if any? Any new planes (those not in the SRD)?

Cergorach

The Laughing One
*kicks the stupid machine*
Work dammit!

[edit]
Yeah, it had trouble posting.

I gave it a thourough beating and it seems to listen, for now... ;-)
[/edit]

Last edited:

Mongoose_Matt

Adventurer
Publisher
Having trouble posting? :)

I'll see if I can run through your questions;

1. The book is double column - I can't tell you about fonts (I did not lay it out), but I believe it is 8 point. In this book, it is very readable.

2. The Character creation and experience tables are our own design, but you will find the actual numbers within them to be very familiar.

3. We did not include any default gods (it is a strict rulesbook, no setting material at all - designed to be used with any d20 game), nor any planes.

Cergorach

The Laughing One
Sounds good, everything OGC i assume.

Very nicely done, one thing that was missing was a low cost printed D20 game manual.

DaveStebbins

First Post
Matt - Does it use the original OGL rules (3.0 SRD) or the new (3.5, revised SRD) OGL rules? The blurb on your website did not specify (or even hint).

bubbalin

First Post
It's 3.5 according to the mongoose forums.

What I want to know is whether the experience tables match up...
I don't understand what is meant by 'own design'.

Mongoose_Matt

Adventurer
Publisher
It is indeed 3.5'd.

The XP tables do indeed match up - we have just included some extra bits and pieces in the table you might find useful. . .

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases