Ranger Combat Styles?

dagger

Adventurer
Didn't a recent Dragon mag come out with some variant combat styles for rangers, and if so, which Dragon was it? Thanks!!

Or maybe I saw them some where else?

Last edited:

Nifft

Penguin Herder
I had a couple worked up... *tries to remember*

Dervish
Level 2: Mobility
Level 6: Spring Attack
Level 11: Whirlwind Attack

Raider
Level 2: Mounted Archery
Level 6: Ride-By Attack
Level 11: Spirited Charge

Wrasslin' Man
Level 2: Improved Grapple
Level 6: Improved Bull Rush
Level 11: Stunning Fist

-- N

Nifft

Penguin Herder
Hey Dagger,

I got your email. I think that you have to give 6th & 11th level Feats that are as good as the ones in the normal combat paths -- that is to say, that require a high level and grant a significant benefit.

The Core rules don't have very many Feats like that -- Improved Critical is one of the few I can think of off the top of my head. I suspect that Complete Warrior will have some better candidates.

-- N

Saeviomagy

Adventurer
Nifft said:
I had a couple worked up... *tries to remember*

Dervish
Level 2: Mobility
Level 6: Spring Attack
Level 11: Whirlwind Attack

Raider
Level 2: Mounted Archery
Level 6: Ride-By Attack
Level 11: Spirited Charge

Wrasslin' Man
Level 2: Improved Grapple
Level 6: Improved Bull Rush
Level 11: Stunning Fist

-- N
Funny how all of those chains ignore the low-level, generally ignored prerequisite feats normally needed, while of the two existing chains, one of them stops you from needing a feat which is generally regarded as superior, and the other doesn't let you short-cut at all...

Nifft

Penguin Herder
Saeviomagy said:
Funny how all of those chains ignore the low-level, generally ignored prerequisite feats normally needed, while of the two existing chains, one of them stops you from needing a feat which is generally regarded as superior, and the other doesn't let you short-cut at all...

Bluh? The Archery chain ignores Point-Blank Shot, which is no slouch, while the TWF chain grants a Feat one whole level before it's available to anyone else (11th vs. 12th).

-- N

Remove ads